The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

On 7/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, Someone648 said:

C. Ray Uriel - TBA (Stevie Wonder) vs. NariYella - TBA

Not me witnessing NariYella’s knockout elimination 😭😭😭💔 As worse as seeing Grace Bello eliminated in the battles last season, Avery Roberson eliminated in the Knockouts in Season 20, Carson Peters and BrittanyBree both eliminated in the Knockouts in Season 21, and Andrew Igbokidi, Morgan Taylor, and Orlando Mendez all eliminated in the knockouts last season 😭😭😭

• Sad 2

I was checking some of the contestants on the Top 20 (the ones that i didn't check that much before) and here are some fast thoughts 

- Ross Clayton: sorry, not a fan. It's hard for me to like male country singers, they are not my thing. And he is not the exception, i just don't found anything that would make him stand out over other other singers on his genre. With that said, he obviously would be PV with a live Playoffs format (which i wouldn't be happy with) but that's not the case so let's see what happens  

- Sorelle: uff, they are probably the most marketable act of all the Top 20, but i don't see how they would fit in a show like this, them making this far is...something. Not really a fan, but there is definitely an audience for them (but that audience is certainly not The Voice's audience).  

- Michael B. Williams: Nice tone, i watched several covers from him and he is definitely a very talented vocalist. I can see myself enjoying his run on the show, hopefully he makes it far 

- Kala: Not a lot of material, but i liked some of the things a listened from her. She has a nice, pleasant tone. I think she can reach her full potential on the show. She really can sing, she just needs some work. And what is better for that than getting to work with three different coaches?? 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Tess/Lacy/Shalyah/Jackie/Joanna/Sid too!

And Cedrice. She started off on Legend’s team, the last one to turn a chair on her season of the Voice, got stolen onto Blake’s team, then got stolen onto Kelly’s team, just a Jonas Brother away from having all 4 coaches.

Edited by JodiRose
  • Like 1

Just now, JodiRose said:

And Cedrice. She started off on Legend’s team, the last one to turn a chair on her season of the Voice, got stolen onto Blake’s team, then got stolen onto Kelly’s team.

She's so underrated

8 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Jason Warrior, as well!

I know there was the whole thing with him and Meghan on that other show but I thought he deserved better on TV. He won both the battle and KO imo (Christian was great too) and really should've gone through the POs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I know there was the whole thing with him and Meghan on that other show but I thought he deserved better on TV. He won both the battle and KO imo (Christian was great too) and really should've gone through the POs.

His KO was 500 trillion times better than Riley’s!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Also short but hey, it's actually Rhiannon, too!

There's a few more videos of Rachel on that channel. 

There's more of her singing with her sister here:

https://www.youtube.com/@delavanlakestorethelounge2810/search?query=gebel

And a few things on the Gebel Girls FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/gebelgirls/videos

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

There's a few more videos of Rachel on that channel. 

There's more of her singing with her sister here:

https://www.youtube.com/@delavanlakestorethelounge2810/search?query=gebel

And a few things on the Gebel Girls FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/gebelgirls/videos

Finding "Rachel Christine" was the biggest struggle this season. We went through like 15 different Rachel Christines/close variants before we finally landed on her :haha:

Of course her having most of her performances by her real last name, and also most of the performances being with her sister, made it super hard.

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, everything about Ross screams "Snowflake killer" for me. I wouldn't wish for anyone elimination because that would be cruel, but let's say that i'm rooting for Michael, Gina and Tasha to be Niall's Top 3, but if Ryley takes Gina's place, that's fine. 

Especially considering Blake has zero male country singers in his last playoffs team to challenge Ross.

3 minutes ago, RTV said:

Especially considering Blake has zero male country singers in his last playoffs team to challenge Ross.

His two chances to win are NOIVAS and Grace. Ross winning would be cool as a country guy on Team Niall, but I think Blake should win his last season! Damnit Shelton! You could have had NOIVAS, Grace AND Neil!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

His two chances to win are NOIVAS and Grace. Ross winning would be cool as a country guy on Team Niall, but I think Blake should win his last season! Damnit Shelton! You could have had NOIVAS, Grace AND Neil!

I don't think he is gonna lose any sleep over letting Neil go. His team is strong enough as it is.

• Like 1

So Blake went "girl power!" in the playoffs with 4 female contestants and one male contestant. It's the opposite of his S22 playoffs team of 3 guys and 1 girl.

They're probably pushing for Blake to win with a female finalist for win #10. To recap, Blake only had 3 female winners (Cassadee, Danielle, Chloe) vs 6 male winners (Jermaine, CWB, Sundance, Todd, Cam, Bryce). 

I wonder if Bryce winning last season changed his strategy this season? (so he got rid of the male country/adjacent singers before the playoffs.) 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, season1 said:

I wonder if Bryce winning last season changed his strategy this season? (so he got rid of the male country/adjacent singers before the playoffs.) 

He really made quick work of them, didn’t he? 4 of them in 2 rounds. That’s unprecedented for Blake. 

• Like 3