American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

9 minutes ago, m1key said:

Will need to see what Facebook stats are like before I make further predictions. Part of me is wondering if Haven and/or Mariah could slide into bottom 3, but idk. 

Based on Facebook…it looks like Pjae, Emma and Mariah are going home…as of now…but honestly Elise is in trouble too .. she has slightly more likes than Haven, but Haven has basically caught up to her by now and is about to pass her now despite performing way later…Lucy has less likes than all the other girls mentioned, but she also performed way later…Pjae has by far the least out of anyone…

Edited by kenboy123

2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

Based on Facebook…it looks like Pjae, Emma and Mariah are going home…as of now..

I'm glad that Nailyah no longer looks to be in danger this week.  I don't hate Mariah but I prefer Nailyah to her.

As for Emma, I enjoyed her song but she isn't getting the fans and that's a shame.

What can I say about PJAE?  He's cannon fodder.

I like Iam, but he shouldn't have received the pimp spot based on the performance. I understand he's the most buzzed about contestant so Idol should want to promote that. However, he doesn't need it. For example, he's already ahead of everyone tonight in views on YT. Give someone else a shot especially one's that need the help.

• Like 2

One red flag I got from the edit this episode: If TPTB wanted Haven to have long term success in the competition, they would've told her which song to sing of the two (and they would've told her "Traitor") That would not have been a decision for Allen Stone to make otherwise lol. This makes me think she is definitely done at Top 20, assuming she survives Top 26.

I think TPTB would rather invest in Paige, who checks the same boxes, but has stronger vocal abilities. The only reason she hasn't gotten as much screen time or hype as others is because they didn't want her original elimination at Sing Off to seem too unexpected or confusing. I could be wrong and they want neither Haven or Paige to do well, but this is my guess!

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

One red flag I got from the edit this episode: If TPTB wanted Haven to have long term success in the competition, they would've told her which song to sing of the two (and they would've told her "Traitor") That would not have been a decision for Allen Stone to make otherwise lol. This makes me think she is definitely done at Top 20, assuming she survives Top 26.

I think TPTB would rather invest in Paige, who checks the same boxes, but has stronger vocal abilities. The only reason she hasn't gotten as much screen time or hype as others is because they didn't want her original elimination at Sing Off to seem too unexpected or confusing. I could be wrong and they want neither Haven or Paige to do well, but this is my guess!

I honestly feel like you could apply the same point to Mariah ... she had a ROUGH night tonight, whereas they have Marybeth who could fill in the same niche route

Allen Stone telling Haven to sing “The Middle” instead of “Traitor” was some

of the dumbest advice I’ve ever heard on this show lol. I mean yeah, it’s a fun song to perform in Hawaii, but “Traitor” could’ve been a moment for her. She needs to sing that in the next round. “The Middle” is a forgettable department store radio song that does nothing for anybody. If Haven was a filler contestant instead of a producer favorite, she would’ve opened the show with that and been sent home. That was TaTynisa Wilson/Chelsea Sorrell/Paige Miles-fodder type of performance lol. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I like Iam, but he shouldn't have received the pimp spot based on the performance. I understand he's the most buzzed about contestant so Idol should want to promote that. However, he doesn't need it. For example, he's already ahead of everyone tonight in views on YT. Give someone else a shot especially one's that need the help.

They were in Hawaii, so Iam would have been an obvious choice.  TBTB likely isn't going to waste their time on those that need help with votes.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

If Haven was a filler contestant instead of a producer favorite, she would’ve opened the show with that and been sent home. 

Hmm trueeee. I was confused at first when I saw her performing 11th because that was definitely a performance that screamed at LEAST first half of the episode. It's a strange situation for sure.

12 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Allen Stone telling Haven to sing “The Middle” instead of “Traitor” was some

of the dumbest advice I’ve ever heard on this show lol. I mean yeah, it’s a fun song to perform in Hawaii, but “Traitor” could’ve been a moment for her. She needs to sing that in the next round. “The Middle” is a forgettable department store radio song that does nothing for anybody. If Haven was a filler contestant instead of a producer favorite, she would’ve opened the show with that and been sent home. That was TaTynisa Wilson/Chelsea Sorrell/Paige Miles-fodder type of performance lol. 

Olivia is way overdone and the middle was a good song for the big Hawaii stage. Yes she was kind of rough but it could have been really good 

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Just rewatched Nailyah's performance ... WOW that was one of the best of the season! I can see why FB is LOVING HER! (no pun intended lol)

What a way to turn things around for her!

I love when people who initially seem like filler break out and have a moment. Kelly Clarkson, Kris Allen, Siobhan Magnus, Jason Castro, etc. 

• Like 2

Oliver’s Facebook views are very low? I think he might have the least views out of everyone and he performed second. Are people thinking he’s safe just because he’s a WGWG or what am I missing? He looks to be in danger to me. 

1 minute ago, Carrie_On said:

Oliver’s Facebook views are very low? I think he might have the least views out of everyone and he performed second. Are people thinking he’s safe just because he’s a WGWG or what am I missing? He looks to be in danger to me. 

His likes/shares are good so I think he'll be fine

Nailyah would be in my stan list if only she had shown she could do something more modern tbh. If she makes Top 20 that's what she needs to do.

I feel like she could pull off a flipped arrangement of a Doja Cat song? She has a similar vibe to Doja and her tone is very sweet and light like Doja's singing voice. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

Nailyah would be in my stan list if only she had shown she could do something more modern tbh. If she makes Top 20 that's what she needs to do.

I feel like she could pull off a flipped arrangement of a Doja Cat song? She has a similar vibe to Doja and her tone is very sweet and light like Doja's singing voice. 

Yeah, she’s reminding me of Katyrah Love from last season so far. Great singer but will she be able to prove herself as a modern artist?

12 minutes ago, m1key said:

lowkey i can indeed see her doing Doja… don’t think it’ll help for competition purposes though

28 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Just rewatched Nailyah's performance ... WOW that was one of the best of the season! I can see why FB is LOVING HER! (no pun intended lol)

What a way to turn things around for her!

she is SO good i can’t believe she and the editors hid all that vocal skill from us till now !!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

the likes/shares and the like to view ratio is more important, as in people who deliberately click the “like” button are more likely to go out of their way to vote as opposed to just someone simply viewing a video (pjae can be an example? he has more views than 5-ish contestants, but the least amount of likes, meaning that the ppl who watched his performance probably didn’t like it and wouldn’t vote for him) being a wgwg gives oliver a boost but he’s also been aired a lot more than the majority of the contestants, i would expect the least aired people to get the boot first

12 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

Mariah and Elise are still neck and neck in which will be the third person to go home…if Facebook is to be trusted…the other two going home are Pjae and Emma…

You think Emma is going home? That's a shame.  She's in my top 3 of the night.

Edited by hazuki
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, hazuki said:

You think Emma is going home? That's a shame.  She's in my top 3 of the night.

she’s the second lowest in Facebook likes…I simply don’t think she has gained any fans in any round so far and she’s Canadian…No previous round will probably save her from elimination…we only saw her in brief clips in Hollywood and her audition didn’t paint her in the most positive light…coupled with low Facebook likes so far…I don’t think she has any saving grace…