American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

59 minutes ago, Rampurewal said:

The judges have 2 wildcards they might end up saving him 

hope not. judges saves are dumb and pointless anyway - the people who get them just end up leaving in the next elimination year after year. Just let america vote X amount of people into however many spots there are ffs 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

hope not. judges saves are dumb and pointless anyway - the people who get them just end up leaving in the next elimination year after year. Just let america vote X amount of people into however many spots there are ffs 

Uhmm Jay was saved by judges in the top 20 last year and went far. I think top 7.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisaba said:

Uhmm Jay was saved by judges in the top 20 last year and went far. I think top 7.

Meh. Exception to the rule. 

point is that more often than not (almost always), judges saves will not go on to make it to the next round, let alone the finale, let alone win. in the Fox era it could sometimes buy them a few weeks or even get them far the odd time (Jessica Sanchez), but in the ABC era the cuts are so brutal that you need to be in the top of the vote getters every single week to advance to the next round. It’s rough but it’s true. I’d much rather see America build the top 12 than have a top 10 vote getters with 2 (or however many - last year it was 4 ugh) pointless judges saves. 

to add insult to injury, the judges always save the lamest people too. Like guaranteed this year they would save people like Elijah and Tyson over people like Emma.

JMO.

Edited by Anythingcanhappen
  • Like 2

I think Wildcards this year are especially dumb because there is a chance both of the wildcards could be eliminated at the Top 12 -> Top 10 cut. They should've done Top 9 in votes/3 wildcards (1 for each judge) because then at least 1 is guarenteed to make Top 10 and it doesn't feel like a waste 🤷‍♂️

That being said, if a Wildcard means an extra performance for one of my faves and a chance for them to possibly get some "underdog" votes, I'm here for it! 

27 minutes ago, m1key said:

I think Wildcards this year are especially dumb because there is a chance both of the wildcards could be eliminated at the Top 12 -> Top 10 cut. They should've done Top 9 in votes/3 wildcards (1 for each judge) because then at least 1 is guarenteed to make Top 10 and it doesn't feel like a waste 🤷‍♂️

That being said, if a Wildcard means an extra performance for one of my faves and a chance for them to possibly get some "underdog" votes, I'm here for it! 

I’ll never understand why the ABC era insists on spending like 6 weeks on boring ass auditions and then slashing people like this at the lives. So brutal and nonsensical! Ffs like I get that it can’t be like old idol where one person goes home each week, but it should be like 2-3 max!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Meh. Exception to the rule. 

point is that more often than not (almost always), judges saves will not go on to make it to the next round, let alone the finale, let alone win. in the Fox era it could sometimes buy them a few weeks or even get them far the odd time (Jessica Sanchez), but in the ABC era the cuts are so brutal that you need to be in the top of the vote getters every single week to advance to the next round. It’s rough but it’s true. I’d much rather see America build the top 12 than have a top 10 vote getters with 2 (or however many - last year it was 4 ugh) pointless judges saves. 

to add insult to injury, the judges always save the lamest people too. Like guaranteed this year they would save people like Elijah and Tyson over people like Emma.

JMO.

The previous judging panels from the FOX seasons made some pretty questionable wildcard/save choices but I don't think the current panel has made any bad wildcard choices tbh except for maybe Michelle Sussett in season 16 (but even then it's not like any of the ones they sent home over her were that great either). At the very least the judges are better at choosing than the public who just vote for white male country singers every time. Even though the wildcards usually don't last long it at least adds some diversity to the early weeks of the finals.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, m1key said:

While we wait for spoilers, let me overanalyze something :wub:

https://instagram.com/stories/americanidol/3084625686899281772?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

"Mariah will SHINE in the spotlight"

"Sun + Mon"

I wonder if this means Mariah made it after all? They made similar posts for Lucy and Warren...

Maybe the country fans really saved her.  If Haven goes in her place, however, I won’t mind.  She was worse than Elise or Emma.

14 minutes ago, m1key said:

While we wait for spoilers, let me overanalyze something :wub:

https://instagram.com/stories/americanidol/3084625686899281772?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

"Mariah will SHINE in the spotlight"

"Sun + Mon"

I wonder if this means Mariah made it after all? They made similar posts for Lucy and Warren...

If that’s true…it’s bad news for Emma…

6 minutes ago, jayshon said:

Lucy Love sang a slow song she wrote herself…crowd went crazy…the judges had to wait a while because the crowd wouldn’t stop cheering 

Is this just manfiesting or do you actually have tea 😭

• Haha 1