American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

52 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i remember there being some controversy on the voice subforum because megan followed Donald Trump so she may not have to lie about some of that stuff :ph34rwave:

but yk what i like her singing so if she hates me as a person of color i’m ok with it !

following Trump or even being a Trump supporter is one thing…making comments and actually being racist and homophobic is a different thing…

unlike some people I don’t believe that all Trump supporters are all racist, homophobic etc etc … many Trump supporters or even Republicans supporters just don’t support democratic ideas and while I don’t agree with them, that is absolutely valid…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mytake1 said:

What about Laine Hardy?  

He's a bit of an exception, since I thought that Alejandro was overrated.  Although I believe that he has fine songwriting skills, his vocal skills definitely lacked for me.  But I still preferred Madison to Laine.

2 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I never said it was a good idea…I was simply pointing out a way to win…wasn’t meant to be serious advice…

Next time, please make it clearer that you didn't mean it as serious advice.  And I think that the idea of having her say that she hates gay people and abortion is a bad one as well.  Maybe having her say that she has conservative values isn't so bad, as long as she doesn't go so far as to suggest that she hates gay people, abortion and teaching people about Black history.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

He's a bit of an exception, since I thought that Alejandro was overrated.  Although I believe that he has fine songwriting skills, his vocal skills definitely lacked for me.  But I still preferred Madison to Laine.

Next time, please make it clearer that you didn't mean it as serious advice.  And I think that the idea of having her say that she hates gay people and abortion is a bad one as well.  Maybe having her say that she has conservative values isn't so bad, as long as she doesn't go so far as to suggest that she hates gay people, abortion and teaching people about Black history.

well…I thought it was clear I wasn’t serious because obviously it is not a good idea for many reasons (she might be forced to withdraw if she or anyone else actually did go this far) but perhaps sarcasm and jokes get lost through the internet…my humour in general is pretty sarcastic, but…that’s not always clear through online posts…I’ll put a “/s” next time…

30 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Not to bring up season 17 2019 but I'll always prefer Alejandro to pretty much any other talent that year. lol

I do think that Alejandro was EXTREMELY ahead of his time. He was kinda the trailblaizer for "alternative/soft voice" singing in these shows. We would see this genre and singing style become more popular in the music industry in late 2019 and 2020 with Billie Eillish's debut album and Taylor Swift's folklore, to name a few.

If Alejandro went on Idol anytime AFTER Season 17 I honestly think he would've won.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

well…I thought it was clear I wasn’t serious because obviously it is not a good idea for many reasons (she might be forced to withdraw if she or anyone else actually did go this far) but perhaps sarcasm and jokes get lost through the internet…my humour in general is pretty sarcastic, but…that’s not always clear through online posts…I’ll put a “/s” next time…

Sarcasm and jokes do tend to get lost in the Internet, unfortunately.

Some of my premier thoughts! 

- Lucy's edit felt rather negative and she didn't get the level of praise as I was expecting 😬 That being said I think she will have a massive growth arc during Hollywood and she will be fine by Hawaii/live shows. 

- The Megan/Lauren Daigle interaction was really random. I am wondering if it was planned in advance to promote Megan in some way, shape, or form, or if it was genuinely something last minute that worked out 🤔

- Tyson getting the Platinum Ticket is interesting. I knew he was good pre-season, but not as good as his audition was! Curious to see how far he will be able to go (and also wondering who got the Platinum Tickets for New Orleans and Nashville!) 

-  All of the men got great edits and we should be scared 💀 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

Some of my premier thoughts! 

- Lucy's edit felt rather negative and she didn't get the level of praise as I was expecting 😬 That being said I think she will have a massive growth arc during Hollywood and she will be fine by Hawaii/live shows. 

- The Megan/Lauren Daigle interaction was really random. I am wondering if it was planned in advance to promote Megan in some way, shape, or form, or if it was genuinely something last minute that worked out 🤔

- Tyson getting the Platinum Ticket is interesting. I knew he was good pre-season, but not as good as his audition was! Curious to see how far he will be able to go (and also wondering who got the Platinum Tickets for New Orleans and Nashville!) 

-  All of the men got great edits and we should be scared 💀 

Haven got a pretty good edit too, and Kya sort of got the grace kinstler/nicolina edit couldve helped her make it far if not for her surgery

Edited by StarWalker1

My rankings of the 8 semifinalists we saw tonight…

1. Tyson - Amazing voice. So talented and someone who I think can hold up to the old-school Idol talents. He will be around for a long time. 

2. Iam - I like him much more than I thought I would. A nice voice for easy listening but he can also tell a story. 

3. Collin - Yeah, I know. Another country WGWG, but I think he has a strong voice that will soar in the live shows. 

4. Zachariah - I love that he’s a fun contestant with a really good voice. Cameron could’ve been that last season but didn’t take it seriously enough. I’m hoping this guy decides to show off his strong voice in a few serious performances as well. 

5. Lucy - A bit disappointed by her audition. She sounded good but I thought she’d be more prepared and like a seasoned pro. Im surprised that she needed so much coaching. Hopefully she gets it together in Hollywood because her voice is very strong. I’d love to hear her singing “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman. 

6. Megan - I loved her on The Voice but this wasn’t her best vocal. She’s really got to pick songs that suit her. 

7. Michael - A bit too vanilla for me right now. Good voice but not a standout one. 

8. Haven - I’m sure she’ll be excellent in a few years but she had some rough moments in this audition. She’s got huge potential but is underbaked right now. 

• Like 1

I didn’t watch the Voice, but Ive heard a lot about Megan …I can already tell she’s someone I’m not going to like…they are going to edit her as the highly Conservative Christian girl (which I’m pretty sure she is) she’s already mentioning God every minute…I really hope she doesn’t start sharing her political opinions…

Edited by kenboy123