American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

Kylie Minogue??? Ok yes slay (don’t really care about the others lol although I’m sure Jazmine is good, just don’t know her stuff)

Jazmine is one of the best vocalists in the world rn (particularly her agility and low notes) and I'm completely ok with hyping her up like that. IF you listen to RnB on your free time then I def recommend  checking her out.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, nytsch said:

I actually didn’t enjoy Megan’s tone but I’ve come to like it a lot. I think just like I said in another thread, she needs a very specific type of song for it to stand out. If she was consistently on the level of Angel from Montgomery and Go Rest High then I might say it was close, because I did really feel her in those performances, but in a song that doesn’t fit as well I don’t get that much from it even if she’s technically good.

Fair enough. ig I love Megan's tone and vocal consistency enough that I don't care what she sings for the most part. I honestly rarely hear her make any mistakes too, and the only time she sounds slightly uncomfortable is when she goes into her really high belting register, but maybe other people catch things I miss. 

As you can tell by now I really value vocal consistency since it's very difficult to not sing at least one flat, sharp or pitchy note throughout the competition. It's why I really liked Warren more than most, though he did eventually have some rough moments near the end of his run.

Edited by Hsamid

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Fair enough. ig I love Megan's tone and vocal consistency enough that I don't care what she sings for the most part. I honestly rarely hear her make any mistakes too, and the only time she sounds slightly uncomfortable is when she goes into her really high belting register, but maybe other people catch things I miss. 

As you can tell by now I really value vocal consistency since it's very difficult to not sing at least one flat, sharp or pitchy note throughout the competition. It's why I really liked Warren more than most, though he did eventually have some rough moments near the end of his run.

I mean I remember you’re a Chloe fan so that tracks that you like raspy female tones lol. That’s the only difficulty I noticed from Megan too (and I did notice that, but she’s still pretty good).

I enjoy those tones too to an extent but for me it’s almost the opposite, I think song choice matters more because with unique tones they just don’t work with any song imo. Might be why an artist like Chloe is so apt to have big “moments” like Landslide and TEOTH when they find the perfect song, but people tend to be underwhelmed with their other stuff. I would call Angel from Montgomery a “moment” for Megan, but last night was kinda ehh for me even though she sang well. I know she was boxed in by the theme though.

I still like her a lot and she’s my favorite remaining, but it’s close enough with Iam that I would say he could overtake her with overall run if he does well enough next week. Imo of course.

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 1

Also I liked Warren too but it was more of a tone thing for me I guess. I thought he was strongest on those country rock hybrids, not just rock (3DD) or country (Colder Weather).

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

I mean I remember you’re a Chloe fan so that tracks that you like raspy female tones lol. That’s the only difficulty I noticed from Megan too (and I did notice that, but she’s still pretty good).

I enjoy those tones too to an extent but for me it’s almost the opposite, I think song choice matters more because with unique tones they just don’t work with any song imo. Might be why an artist like Chloe is so apt to have big “moments” like Landslide and TEOTH when they find the perfect song, but people tend to be underwhelmed with their other stuff. I would call Angel from Montgomery a “moment” for Megan, but last night was kinda ehh for me even though she sang well. I know she was boxed in by the theme though.

I actually agree. But imo Megan's song choices for the most part have fit her voice, or at least aren't a complete nonfit. But that's probably where you and I disagree.

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

I still like her a lot and she’s my favorite remaining, but it’s close enough with Iam that I would say he could overtake her with overall run if he does well enough next week. Imo of course.

Fair enough, I'm not sure Iam could do anything at this point that he could overtake her. Really like Iam and he's just as consistent, but Megan's on another level in terms of actual vocal prowess.

• Like 1

I hope season 8 does something for the 15th anniversary of 2009's group in 2024...

Haha. Ugh.

ETA: Besides inviting Adam! Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen say hi...

Edited by KelseyW

8 hours ago, m1key said:

What songs do y'all think the Top 3 will reprise if they make Top 2?

My thoughts:

- Iam: Sound of Silence

- Colin: Dancing On My Own

- Megan: Angel From Montgomery

I could see Megan do "Up To The Mountain" and Iam with "Monsters" tbh

20 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

I could see Megan do "Up To The Mountain" and Iam with "Monsters" tbh

Iam's already doing Monsters for his duet but I'd love to hear Megan reprise that as well!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jayshon said:

Wait im confused y’all. How is Lucy and them back?? Are they doing a group number?

Each member of the Top 12 gets to perform a celebrity duet (as well as group performances). Some ABC seasons they have only done Top 10 but this year they are doing Top 12!

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

Each member of the Top 12 gets to perform a celebrity duet (as well as group performances). Some ABC seasons they have only done Top 10 but this year they are doing Top 12!

OMG SO I GET A EXTRA PERFORMANCE FROM LUCY?? YESS I WONN. She is definitely singing with Jasmine Sullivan 

Edited by jayshon

My Guesses

Top 12 with Pitbull - Give Me Everything according to Megan's Story

TLC - We Ani

Lainey Wilson - Marybeth Byrd

Keith Urban - Performing his Single

James Blunt - Iam Tongi

Lauren Daigle - Megan Danielle

Ellie Goulding - Oliver Steele

Jazmine Sullivan - Lucy Love

JellyRoll - Warren Peay

Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken - Maybe with the Top 3