Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

Robert Downey Jr Tony Stark GIF - Robert Downey Jr Tony Stark Iron Man -  Discover & Share GIFs

Average: 11.17

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 7/15

QK - 8/15

Derek - 11/15

Public - 11/15

Steven - 15/15

Victoria - 15/15

Zoey

36a4021486b6f3fc5d7b79df06858857b9f44c5f.gifv

Iron Man/Tony Stark appears is f*cking tons of Marvel television series and films and I'm happy with that. Iron Man is a fantastic addition to the franchise and I think the superhero alone brings a ton of excitement even without the Tony Stark personality. I love Tony as a character though. He's successful, funny and he brought in Pepper. The Tony Stark dying scene is one of the most upsetting from any Marvel film or television series because of how integral he is to so many plots. He sacrificed himself for the universe knowing the only protection he had was from a suit and nothing more. I still watch his funeral scene with the randoms in it.

QK

8. Tony Stark/Iron Man

JS87774328.jpg

Tony Stark/Iron Man is definitely one of the main Avengers but Robert Downey Jr just stepped away from Iron Man so Rip Iron Man I guess. Anthony Edward Tony Stark was a billionaire industrialist, a founding member of the Avengers, and the former CEO of Stark Industries. A brash but brilliant inventor, Stark was self-described as a genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist. With his great wealth and exceptional technical knowledge, Stark was one of the world's most powerful men following the deaths of his parents and enjoyed the playboy lifestyle for many years until he was kidnapped by the Ten Rings in Afghanistan, while demonstrating a fleet of Jericho missiles. With his life on the line, Stark created an armored suit which he used to escape his captors. Upon returning home, he utilized several more armors to use against terrorists, as well as Obadiah Stane who turned against Stark. Following his fight against Stane, Stark publicly revealed himself as Iron Man. I liked the Iron Man movies better than a lot of the Marvel Movies so that's good I guess. 

Derek

Iron Man

Shocker, we have the main character of the franchise in the finals. I have to appreciate that Iron Man is not a generic boring main character like Captain America. Iron Man is actually more complex, interesting, unpredictable, and a good vehicle for the campy Joss Whedon banter that this franchise settled into. Unfortunately, I don't love him very much because he's a straight-up douche for a lot of the time. He's not as bad as Dr. Strange and he always seems to redeem himself in the end but there are many times that he does something totally irrational and annoying.

Public

I was surprised to see him place last in the overall rankings since he is the man who started it all.  That said I am happy for all of the characters in this Top 15! 

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man - ew no - Rei

Steven

Iron Man

ccc20c305fa3f387d0c74b68a885c15557f45729.gifv

This isn't a tactical ranking. I genuinely don't like Tony Stark, so he's an easy last place for me. The 2008 Iron Man film kicked off the MCU, so I suppose he's somewhat deserving of a spot in the final ranking. However, Tony Stark is a selfish, condescending, and egotistical megalomaniac. Sure, he is a flawed individual that goes through some character growth throughout the films until he ultimately sacrificed himself to save the universe. But let's not forget how he's mostly to blame for Ultron. Tony Stark is also oversaturated throughout the films. Did Iron Man really need to be Spider-Man's mentor, for example? The writers also made Tony Stark too overpowered. The fact he figured out how to time travel in just a day is laughable. Iron Man seems to be the most popular character (at least outside this rankdown), but I didn't enjoy him throughout the MCU. I'm hoping he doesn't win this rankdown.

Victoria

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

Iron Man GIF

If this rankdown was done before Avengers: Endgame then this ranking would be totally accurate, but since Avengers: Endgame I have actually grown to love Tony Stark. Before this I actually disliked him, but his sacrifice made me change my stance on Iron Man. So why is he last? I made a deal with Steven that I would rank him last if he didn't cut him and I kept my end if the bargain. The Top 15 wouldn't seem complete without the title character that started The MCU so I did would had to do to ensure his inclusion. Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark was a billionaire industrialist, a founding member of the Avengers, and the former CEO of Stark Industries. Iron Man's sacrifice was noble and he left behind a daughter and Pepper Potts. RIP Iron Man and I love you 3000.

@FrogLenzen @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890 @Zoey

14. "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

So Was I (MARVEL GIF SERIES) - ↴ Bucky Barnes - Wattpad

Average: 10.67

RANKINGS:

Victoria - 6/15

Steven - 8/15

Public - 10/15

QK - 13/15

Zoey - 13/15

Derek - 14/15

Victoria

06. James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Dont Mention It Sebastian Stan GIF by Disney+

He goes by many names, but I refer to him as Bucky Barnes. My high ranking of him goes back to me being a basic you know what because I thirst for Sebastian Stan. Oops. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier made me like Bucky even more and with Captain America: Civil War being one of my favorite MCU films, it was only a given I was going to rank Bucky high because I was Team Cap. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes is a World War II veteran, a former officer of the 107th Infantry Regiment and the best friend of Steve Rogers since childhood. I love Bucky and I can't wait for him to become The White Wolf.

Steven

Bucky

bab5647fbddb06f8b38adb5f7d5e63d2.gif

I thought I would rank Bucky higher than here, but he ultimately lands at #8 for me. Bucky is Steve Rogers' best friend, as was shown in Captain America: The First Avenger. Bucky had a more easygoing demeanor in this film before he becomes the dark and broody character after he becomes the Winter Soldier. Bucky and Steve were very close friends who would do anything for each other, so it's a shame how their friendship was ruined with the brainwashing. Steve stayed loyal through and through, even refusing to turn him in throughout the events of Civil War. Bucky eventually overcomes the Winter Soldier persona, repairs his friendship with Steve, and becomes a hero. His personality still remains the quiet and brooding type of character. Nonetheless, I still like Bucky and think Sebastian Stan does a great job in the role. I'm glad he's included in our Top 15.

Public

1. James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf - I love his character and I'm extremely attached to Sebastian Stan

I ranked him second highest, but Rei definitely propelled Bucky from last to 10th in the public vote.  Unfortunately not enough to escape 14th place.  I like Bucky but I do think there are more compelling characters at this point.  He has done well with all the marvel projects he has been apart of though!

QK

13. James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

751d2860aeff535aeebb126abd9bcd1c_4096x27

I almost cut him and maybe I should have but he survived and made it into the top 15. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes is a World War II veteran, a former officer of the 107th Infantry Regiment and the best friend of Steve Rogers since childhood. Barnes had enlisted into the Army and was assigned to the 107th in 1943. His regiment was captured by HYDRA, where Barnes was given a variant of the Super Soldier Serum by Arnim Zola. Barnes, along with whoever still remained from his regiment, was later rescued by Rogers, who had become Captain America during Barnes' absence. Upon joining forces with the continuing war, Barnes and Rogers formed their Howling Commandos, to battle Red Skull's forces. However, during the attempt to finally capture Zola out in the Austrian Alps, Barnes was caught up in the ambush and plummeted hundreds of feet from a train. As no body was ever recovered, Barnes had then been presumed deceased, becoming honored as a hero. I am guessing he is a lot of peoples thirst choice and that's why he is in the top 15 so congrats to his fans on that. 

Zoey

2ecbc3011b6ae1d8e5c669fb09c2cbda.gif

I started to watch The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and then stopped because I couldn’t get in to it  so don’t know a huge amount about him hence my low ranking and confusion. I guess he’s nice to look at? He appears in a few other TV shows throughout the Marvel universe but I only really remember him showing up to his bets friends funeral. I think I would’ve preferred him to be a main character in The Avengers movie instead of Captain America because I find his backstory more intriguing. Especially his abilities in comparison to Captain America’s.

Derek

Bucky

Bucky is fine. He's the moody supporting character to Captain America. He has a mildly interesting design and his bionic arm is fun. But he was mostly interesting when he was first introduced and was unpredictable. Now he's just another guy on the team. He lost his hair and his face mask and his mysterious vibe. For a little while he was the catalyst to some of the most contrived comicbook plotlines that the MCU has to offer, but it was still entertaining enough to watch. I'm surprised he's still here and I'll be more surprised if he makes anyone's Top 5.

13. Nick Fury

welcome to the circus — Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury CAPTAIN AMERICA:...

Average: 10.33

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 6/15

QK - 9/15

Derek - 10/15

Steven - 10/15

Public - 13/15

Victoria - 14/15

Zoey

2ecbc3011b6ae1d8e5c669fb09c2cbda.gif

I started to watch The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and then stopped because I couldn’t get in to it  so don’t know a huge amount about him hence my low ranking and confusion. I guess he’s nice to look at? He appears in a few other TV shows throughout the Marvel universe but I only really remember him showing up to his bets friends funeral. I think I would’ve preferred him to be a main character in The Avengers movie instead of Captain America because I find his backstory more intriguing. Especially his abilities in comparison to Captain America’s.

QK

9. Nick Fury

mcdspfa_ec013.jpg?w=1000

Nick Fury making the top 15 is a little surprising but I like him well enough so it's fine. Nick Fury is a spy, former Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and founder of the Avengers. Fury began his career within the United States Army, rising to the rank of Colonel before his honorable discharge. He later became a CIA operative during the Cold War, primarily operating in Soviet territory. Fury joined S.H.I.E.L.D. to fight against Earth's most dangerous enemies. The great scope of enemies widened in the 1990s as Fury met Vers, helping her uncover her human heritage as Carol Danvers, as the two fought off the Starforce, which was led by Yon-Rogg, as they were targeting Skrull refugees. Fury took a liking to Goose who scratched him for violating her space and permanently blinded Fury's left eye. Fury kept the reason for this injury secret, telling others it was classified but happened in the line of duty. I like Samuel L. Jackson and he made Nick Fury a fun character.

Derek

Nick Fury

Did Nick Fury ever exist? Or was he a Skrull the entire time??? They probably won't do that. But mark my words, we are going to find out that Maria Hill has actually been a Skrull this whole time. Nick Fury doesn't really have much of a personality besides "SLJ with an eyepatch" but he's generally fun to watch on screen so I guess we can deal with him in the Top 15. He got some backstory in the Captain Marvel movie which was interesting. I'll be surprised if he makes the Top 10, but he has a chance because his scores might middle out with everyone tanking people.

Steven

Nick Fury

giphy.gif

Nick Fury is cool. Samuel L. Jackson plays him well too. He was a spy who founded The Avengers. He's like the boss and tells people what to do. He shows up throughout many MCU films, and his most noteworthy story would probably be Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He faked his death while S.H.I.E.L.D. was being overthrown by HYDRA. We also get to see his past in Captain Marvel. I do like Nick Fury, but I guess I just prefer other characters in this Top 15. I am surprised Nick Fury managed to survive some of the cuts of prior rounds though, but I guess he's one of the characters here that managed to sneak by.

Public

11. Nick Fury - Like him a lot - Rei

Victoria

14. Nick Fury

gpo me samuel l jackson GIF

I love Samuel L. Jackson and maybe that's why Nick Fury made the Top 15, but he's such a random inclusion. I guess no thought to target him so here he is. He's an okay character, but I would have preferred someone like Yelena Belova or Captain Marvel to take his place in the finals, but it's whatever. Maybe people really like Samuel L. Jackson's Capitol One commercials. LOL. Nicholas Joseph "Nick" Fury is a spy, former Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and founder of the Avengers. I did like his banter and relationship with Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel in the movie, Captain Marvel. Nick Fury is probably the MCU character with the most appearances, but I would have to check to be sure. I could be totally wrong on this btw. Nick is fine just not a character I would have in the finals.