Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

9. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

MCU Quake vs DCEU Wonder Woman - Battles - Comic Vine

Average: 9.00

RANKINGS:

QK - 1/15

Steven - 7/15

Victoria - 7/15

Public - 12/15

Derek - 13/15

Zoey - 14/15

QK

1. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

daisy-johnson.jpg

Skye is an icon on the underrated Agents of Shield show that some people here clearly didn't watch. Agent Daisy Johnson, formerly known as Skye, is an Inhuman, genius-level hacker and a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative. She was born to Calvin Johnson and Jiaying, but was taken away when her mother was seemingly killed by HYDRA. Growing up an orphan, she adopted the name Skye and worked for the Rising Tide, putting her on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar. However, Phil Coulson recruited her into his team and appointed her as a consultant where she became a valued agent during the hunt for the Clairvoyant. After the events of the HYDRA Uprising, she joined the rest of her team in going off the grid. Skye was devastated when she learned that Grant Ward was a HYDRA operative, and she joined the team in defeating the Centipede Project and John Garrett. As the main character on the longest lasting Marvel show Skye was an easy #1 choice for me. 

Steven

Skye

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f54757a30504a52733945676146413d3d2d3431313635303039352e313462653438623530333765386337623132383335353233373837382e676966

FitzSimmons are my favorite characters of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Skye would be my next favorite after them, so I'm glad to see that at least she made it to our Top 15. We first met Skye as a hacker who is recruited to join Phil Coulson's group along with FitzSimmons, Melinda, and Grant. She is initially hesitant and has doubts, but she eventually forms friendships and finds her place in the group. She gets more confident and becomes a valuable asset to the group. I haven't seen every episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I've always like Skye in all the episodes I've watched. She's a major character, so I think she's a a worthy inclusion in our Top 15. 

Victoria

07. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

daisy-johnson-chloe-bennet.gif

I really don't anything about Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake at all so this is really a default ranking. I know she is a favorite is QueenKalie, but she's not a character I particularly care about at all so this is like a safe ranking because I don't think she could win at all. I could be wrong and watch her win. Oops.Agent Daisy Johnson, formerly known as Skye, is an Inhuman, genius-level hacker and a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative. She was born to Calvin Johnson and Jiaying, but was taken away when her mother was seemingly killed by HYDRA. Growing up an orphan, she adopted the name Skye and worked for the Rising Tide, putting her on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar. However, Phil Coulson recruited her into his team and appointed her as a consultant where she became a valued agent during the hunt for the Clairvoyant. Thank you, Wiki. Good luck, Quake.

PS: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is now on Disney+.

Public

14. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake - who??? - Rei

I love that Skye made the Top 15.  She is my favorite character from Agents of Shield and my favorite character from any of the TV shows.  So naturally I ranked her second.  It was the rest of the public that tanked her to 12th place.  Its unfortunate more rankers didn't watch Agents of Shield and got to see Skyes transformation from hacktivist to inhuman to Superhero.  There have been some rumors she might resurface in Secret Invasion, so this might be be the final good bye for Chloe Bennett's Daisy Johnson.

Her powers allow her manipulate vibrations in various ways.  She can increase them to create blasts of energy, create forcefields and even levitate at proper frequencies.  Throughout the show she struggles to find a way to control her powers after Terragenesis.  Using the powers hurts her bones, so at times she often wears power dampeners.

Derek

Daisy

I'm glad Daisy made the Top 15, she's s good representative for her show and her show was actually a big part of the MCU - except not many people watched it lol. Maybe now that it's on Disney people will get to meet Daisy and the whole gang. That being said, she's not the biggest stand out with this Top 15 so I don't expect her to make Top 10, and I don't think many of the rankers here have seen her show. But how many characters in the MCU can say they've had as much screen time as Daisy? 136 episodes as a lead character, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Zoey

DAISY JOHNSON
How am I supposed to write a one hundred word write up on a character I don’t know? Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D needs burning. The amount of characters in this rankdown alone has put me off even starting it. She’s very pretty though!

@FrogLenzen @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890 @Zoey

8. Xu Shang-Chi

Shang Chi GIFs | Tenor

Average: 8.33

RANKINGS:

Derek - 4/15

Steven - 4/15

Public - 6/15

Zoey - 9/15

Victoria - 13/15

QK - 14/15

Derek

Xu Shang-Chi

One of the newer additions to the MCU and I really enjoyed him. My son likes to put those Fisher Price colored rings on his arm and I call him Mr. Ten Rings hahaha. But yeah, I liked how the movie was kind of... its own thing? Like they spent time expanding on the Ten Rings universe rather than immediately trying to tie in the rest of the MCU into the plot. Plus he's funny, has interesting powers, a cool aesthetic. He check off all the boxes and I can't wait to see more. So glad he made it to the finals and he's easily in my Top 5 compared to the rest here.

Steven

Xu Shang-Chi

shang-chi-ready-to-fight.gif

Shang-Chi was a character I was hoping would make it to the final ranking, but I was unsure if it was likely. He's a rather new character, and I didn't know if he had the support to make it to this point of the game. Thankfully he's here, and he gets a high ranking from me. Shang-Chi was a very fun movie with great action sequences and visuals. Simu Liu was a great casting choice, and it was cool to see how he manifested being cast as Shang-Chi with that Twitter post. Anyway, Shang-Chi is a cool and likable character too. He's funny, and his dynamic with Katy brings a lot of charm to the film. Simu Liu does a great job leading the film and showcasing the growth the character Shang-Chi goes throughout the film. I look forward to any future MCU projects that includes Shang-Chi.

Public

8. Xu Shang-Chi - I think he was funny in his movie - Rei

Simu Liu is hot.  Movie was good and he should have a long life in the MCU!

Zoey

Xu Shang-Chi appears in the film Shang-Chi and is the son of Xu Wenwu, the founder of the Ten Rings. I’ve only seen half of this film since the stream gave out on me but I can’t say I even remember that much about it. It didn’t have an impact like some of the other films and that’s what’s bumped up a few of the other characters in this rankdown. I’m not in a hurry to finish off watching it but it is on my list since it’s Marvel. I just checked to see where it ranked in terms of box office success and it’s down there with Venom. It isn’t that bad!

Victoria

13. Xu Shang-Chi

Shang Chi GIF by Marvel Studios

Xu Shang-Chi is one the new characters in The MCU and he had made the Top 15 with no real big target in his back. My problem with Shang-Chi is that I find him a little boring and actually prefer Katy Chen and Xu Xialing. Xu Shang-Chi made his debut in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and the movie was great. Xu Shang-Chi is the son of Xu Wenwu, the founder of the Ten Rings and his mother was Ying Li.Shang-Chi underwent a brutal training regime that turned him into a formidable martial artist; however, on a mission to avenge his mother's death, he chose to abandon the Ten Rings and leave his family past behind. He had to go against his father when he breach the Dark Gate of Ta Lo. He was successful and I'm excited for his future in The MCU.

QK

14. Xu Shang-Chi

210824-simu-liu-marvel-movie-ac-931p.jpg

Shang Chi was an interesting movie something different then what you normally see Marvel make which is kinda cool I guess. Xu Shang-Chi (the son of Xu Wenwu, the founder of the Ten Rings. Since his childhood, Shang-Chi underwent a brutal training regime that turned him into a formidable martial artist; however, on a mission to avenge his mother's death, he chose to abandon the Ten Rings and leave his family past behind. Seeking to start a new life outside of his father's shadow, Shang-Chi fled to the United States of America, maintaining a peaceful life in San Francisco under the name Shaun with his friend Katy Chen. Eventually, the Ten Rings targeted Shang-Chi once again, so he joined forces with Chen and his sister Xu Xialing in order to oppose Wenwu in his quest to breach the Dark Gate of Ta Lo, which unleashed the Dweller-in-Darkness and the Soul Eaters. When his father sacrificed himself to save him, Shang-Chi inherited his mystical rings to defeat the Soul Eaters. Returning home, he began studying the rings when they emitted a signal. I was a little surprised he made the top 15 but I don't mind the diversity so it's cool. 

7. Steven Rogers/Captain America

Captain America GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Average: 7.83

RANKINGS:

Victoria - 1/15

Steven - 2/15

QK - 5/15

Public - 9/15

Derek - 15/15

Zoey - 15/15

Victoria

01. Steve Rogers/Captain America

captain america GIF

Do I need to explain why I stan Steve Rogers/Captain America? I mean look at him. Despite the fact that he is played by my husband Chris Evans, he is the wholesome all-American superhero who is so beautiful. My favorite DC superhero is Superman so one might say my taste is basic. Captain Steven Grant "Steve" Rogers is a World War II veteran, a founding member of the Avengers and Earth's first known superhero. His best friend is James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf and the love of his life is Margaret Elizabeth Carter also known as Peggy Carter. He saved the world at the end of Avengers: Endgame along with the help of The Avengers and at the end of the film after Tony Stark and Black Widow sacrificed their lives to wipe out Thanos and his armies, Steve Rogers volunteered to return the stones to their respective timelines. He opted to return and remain in the 1940s, where he married Peggy Carter. Cap grew old and reunited with his friends in the present, entrusting Sam Wilson with his mantle and shield. Captain America entered retirement with his current whereabouts unknown to the general public.

Steven

Captain America 

avengers-captain-america.gif

The Captain America films are my favorites of the MCU. The First Avenger was a great origin story that showed how Steve Rogers was the perfect choice to become Captain America. Winter Soldier happens to be my favorite film of the MCU. The action sequences were excellent, and the plot was engrossing too. The conspiracy of HYDRA infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. made for an intriguing storyline unlike many superhero films that feature heroes trying to take down one villain. I really liked Civil War too, and I was Team Captain America in that showdown. Throughout all the Captain America and Avengers films, I always liked Captain America as a character too. He's a true hero with a great sense of justice. He's brave, upstanding, and loyal, and he'll always pursue what he believes is right. He's what you would want out of a superhero. Chris Evans does a great job bringing him to life too. Captain America has always been one of my favorite characters, and he easily gets a high ranking from me.

QK

5. Steve Rogers/Captain America

image.jpg

Captain America is another Marvel character that I think is kinda meh but I mostly left him alone because I was nice and I knew he was some peoples favorites. Captain Steven Grant "Steve" Rogers is a World War II veteran, a founding member of the Avengers, and Earth's first known superhero. Rogers grew up suffering from numerous health problems, and upon America's entry into World War II, he was rejected from serving in the United States Army despite several attempts to enlist. Rogers ultimately volunteered for Project Rebirth, where he was the only recipient of the Super Soldier Serum developed by Abraham Erskine under the Strategic Scientific Reserve. The serum greatly enhanced Rogers' physical abilities to superhuman levels. After Erskine's assassination and being doubted by SSR head director Chester Phillips, Rogers was relegated to performing in war bond campaigns, where he posed as a patriotic mascot under the moniker of Captain America. You're welcome Victoria. 

Public

I like captain america, but hes not one of my Top top favorites.  He is hot. 

2 Steve Rogers/Captain America -

d36122b22c1be7693c7f758b6b90df89.gif

I want him to choke me with those arms  The Captain America has always been my favorite series from the MCU

Derek

Captain America

Captain America is one of the dullest superheroes ever created. He's some guy who is strong. Period. That's his powers. His weapon is a shield. The end. I think that the MCU did a good job casting this character. And they portrayed Captain America consistently. You knew who he was, his motivations, etc. But that doesn't lift this character up to the Top 15 in my opinion. He's a good person. He is strong. But there needs to be a little more to hold my interest. There's some other characters in the MCU (and this Top 15) that don't have a whole lot more going on character-wise than Captain America, but because their powers/design/abilities/aesthetic they are much more compelling to me to watch.

Zoey

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f385f426f386536326e31503465513d3d2d3632353233323536342e313534666237626236663966636631633137303834393832333134342e676966

Steve Rogers aka. Captain America is one of The Avengers and appears in multiple Marvel films and tv shows. I never really bought in to the Captain Marvel brand and found him to be a throw away character. I think so many other characters could’ve given what he has to the Marvel world plus a lot more. I guess I just find myself bored by him most of the time compared to the likes of Hulk, Thanos and Thor. I find myself uninterested is probably a better way of putting it. He’s an easy number fifteen for me. Sorry bye!

Edited by Solaris

DEREK

4. Xu Shang-Chi

7. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

8. Korg

10. Nick Fury

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Kate Bishop

13. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

14. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

15. Steve Rogers/Captain America

QK

1. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

2. Kate Bishop

5. Steve Rogers/Captain America

8. Tony Stark/Iron Man

9. Nick Fury

11. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

13. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

14. Xu Shang-Chi

15. Korg

STEVEN

1. Korg

2. Steve Rogers/Captain America

4. Xu Shang-Chi

7. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

8. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

10. Nick Fury

11. Kate Bishop

12. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

VICTORIA

1. Steve Rogers/Captain America

6. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

7. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

8. Kate Bishop

10. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

11. Korg

13. Xu Shang-Chi

14. Nick Fury

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

ZOEY

6. Nick Fury

7. Tony Stark/Iron Man

9. Xu Shang-Chi

10. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

11. Korg

12. Kate Bishop

13. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

14. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

PUBLIC

6. Xu Shang-Chi

9. Steve Rogers/Captain America

10. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

13. Nick Fury

14. Korg

15. Kate Bishop

27 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

not having Elliott's rankings throws off a lot of my predictions

26 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I forgot about that. Maybe Spider-Man won’t be so high after all.

Who says I had Spider-Man at #1? 😘

6. T'Challa/Black Panther

Black Panther GIF - Black Panther Rip - Discover & Share GIFs

Average: 7.50

RANKINGS:

Zoey 1/15

Public - 5/15

Derek - 6/15

Steven - 9/15

QK - 12/15

Victoria - 12/15

Zoey

T’Challa should win this rankdown but won’t. Black Panther is an incredible film and will forever be my favourite because of how fantastic the casting was. So many hot men. Michael B. Jordan, Chadwick Boseman and Winston Duke all shirtless? Hubba hubba! I adored everything about the film from the storylines, the relationships and the hero and villain stories. I think the story behind T’Challa becoming a superhero and entering the Marvel universe is far more interesting than most other backstories the writers have ever come up with. The other world and the technology just intrigued me from the start. I can’t wait for the second film!

Public

6. T'Challa/ Black Panther - 😢 

Derek

Black Panther

RIP Chadwick Boseman. It's a no-brainer that Black Panther is in the finals, and he's a lock for the Top 10. Probably higher. Black Panther has pretty regular powers. He ate a magic herb and now is super strong/fast/durable/stamina/healing/etc. But where Black Panther has a leg up on the other super heroes is that his costume is cool and his general aesthetic is second to none. The entire Wakanda universe is one of the most creative and interesting additions to the franchise. Black Panther was a great movie too, as long as you don't overthink any of it lol.

Steven

Black Panther

200.gif

Black Panther is one of the best MCU films, and it's no surprise to see Black Panther in our Top 15. We first met T'Challa in Captain America: Civil War as he went after the Winter Solider to avenge his father's death. We get to see more of Black Panther and his family background in his own film, as well as joining The Avengers in the final battle in Endgame. T'Challa is a respectful, brave, and honest man, and a worthy King of Wakanda. Chadwick Boseman played him perfectly, and may he Rest In Peace. I wouldn't be surprised to see Black Panther win this rankdown.

QK

12. T'Challa/ Black Panther

petition-to-recast-king-tchalla-aka-chad

I enjoyed Black Panther and what happened to Chadwick Boseman is super sad. T'Challa is the King of Wakanda and the eldest child of T'Chaka and Ramonda. As the Wakandan monarch, he became the holder of the Black Panther mantle. Following the death of his father in the bombing attack orchestrated by Helmut Zemo, T'Challa had set out to kill the Winter Soldier, who was widely believed to be responsible for the attack. During his attempt to find the Winter Soldier, Black Panther had joined a Civil War between the Avengers, where he sided with Iron Man. However, Black Panther eventually learned that Zemo was really the one who had been responsible for his father's demise, as he captured Zemo, handing him over to Everett Ross, while he also vowed never to allow desires of vengeance to consume him again. I expect that he will do really well here and perhaps even win. 

Victoria

12. T'Challa/ Black Panther

Movie GIF

I think the first thing I should say is rest in peace to Chadwick Boseman. This was a tricky ranking because Black Panther's impact on the black community cannot be overlooked and totally respect how important he was to his people. They finally got a superhero that looked like them and he inspired so many black children with his portrayal of T'Challa/ Black Panther. I liked the movie Black Panther, but feel it was a little overrated, but still a great film. T'Challa is the King of Wakanda and the eldest child of T'Chaka and Ramonda and brother of Shuri. The death of Chadwick complicates things moving forward so I'm really eager to see what became of T'Challa in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Ugh, so sad. WAKANDA FOREVER.

DEREK

4. Xu Shang-Chi

6. T’Challa/Black Panther

8. Korg

10. Nick Fury

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Kate Bishop

13. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

14. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf