Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

5. Thanos

Thanos Marvel GIF - Thanos Marvel Avengers - Discover & Share GIFs | Thanos  marvel, Marvel avengers, Marvel gif

Average: 6.83

RANKINGS:

Public - 2/15

Zoey 2/15

Derek - 5/15

Victoria - 9/15

QK - 10/15

Steven - 13/15

Public

Iconic villain, and a great addition to the MCU.  

3. Thanos - One of the best villains ever - Rei

Zoey

Thanos is the ultimate Marvel universe villain for me and I don’t think he’s even that bad. There are some villains who are unlikeable, there are some heroes who are unlikeable (Doctor Strange) but Thanos was always a surprising one for me. There were times where I wanted him to win in his battle against The Avengers and do his thing. I find him so intriguing and especially his relationships with his daughters Gamora and Nebula. I think he’s one of the most loved villains to come from any television show or film and I’m just happy he made the final ranking.

Derek

Thanos

Wow, we actually managed to get a villain into the finals. That took a lot of effort. Thanos became the biggest villain of the franchise. He actually won during Infinity War. When a villain actually wins in a movie we have to stan. His motivations are kind of weird but that's what makes him interesting. His complicated relationship with his daughters, his goal to kill off half of life in the universe... plus, he actually has the strength and abilities to not only find all of the infinity stones, but to actually use them without exploding like Iron Man did lololol

Victoria

09. Thanos

Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Thanos is the best villain in the entire MCU and that a hill I will die on. His introduction in The Avengers was perfect and everything that lead up to his victory and then ultimately his defeat was perfect. Having the villain win at the end of Avengers: Infinity War? Genius. His ultimate takedown in Avengers: Endgame? Perfect. A perfect villain in every single way. Thanos was a genocidal warlord from Titan, whose objective was to bring stability to the universe by wiping out half of all life at every level, as he believed its massive population would inevitably use up the universe's entire supply of resources and perish. It's fitting that Thanos is the only villain who made the Top 15.

QK

10. Thanos

thanos-avengers-infinity.jpg

Thanos was definitely the best main big bad guy so it's pretty cool that he made the top 15. Thanos was a genocidal warlord from Titan, whose objective was to bring stability to the universe by wiping out half of all life at every level, as he believed its massive population would inevitably use up the universe's entire supply of resources and perish. To complete this goal, Thanos set about hunting down all the Infinity Stones, being confident that the combined force of the Stones would grant him sufficient power. Thanos forged alliances with Loki and Ronan the Accuser in order to track down some of the Stones. However, both alliances cost Thanos much of his resources, including the Mind Stone and the loyalty of his daughters, Gamora and Nebula. Fed up with all his subordinates' ongoing failures, Thanos made the decision to seek and procur the Stones himself, and he began by forcing Eitri to create the Infinity Gauntlet for him so that he would be able to wield the power of the Stones safely. I am guessing some people will rank him low since he's a villian but will see what happens I guess. 

Steven

Thanos

thanos-avengers-endgame.gif

Thanos is the major villain throughout the Avengers films, ultimately getting defeated in Endgame. I am surprised he had a lot of support to make it to the Top 15 of the rankdown. I guess he's a good villain, but I'm pretty indifferent about him overall. Apart from some memorable quotes, I just didn't find him to be too interesting whenever he was on the screen. There are a lot of other characters I would've rather seen here in the Top 15. But he has fans in this rankdown, so kudos to you guys for getting him here. I'm not really a fan, so he gets a 13th place ranking from me.

@FrogLenzen @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890 @Zoey

DEREK

4. Xu Shang-Chi

5. Thanos

6. T’Challa/Black Panther

7. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

8. Korg

10. Nick Fury

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Kate Bishop

13. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

14. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

15. Steve Rogers/Captain America

QK

1. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

2. Kate Bishop

5. Steve Rogers/Captain America

8. Tony Stark/Iron Man

9. Nick Fury

10. Thanos

11. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

12. T’Challa/Black Panther

13. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

14. Xu Shang-Chi

15. Korg

STEVEN

1. Korg

2. Steve Rogers/Captain America

4. Xu Shang-Chi

7. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

8. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

9. T’Challa/Black Panther

10. Nick Fury

11. Kate Bishop

12. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

13. Thanos

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

VICTORIA

1. Steve Rogers/Captain America

6. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

8. Kate Bishop

9. Thanos

10. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

11. Korg

13. Xu Shang-Chi

14. Nick Fury

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

ZOEY

1. T’Challa/Black Panther

2. Thanos

6. Nick Fury

7. Tony Stark/Iron Man

9. Xu Shang-Chi

11. Korg

12. Kate Bishop

14. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

PUBLIC

2. Thanos

5. T’Challa/Black Panther

6. Xu Shang-Chi

9. Steve Rogers/Captain America

10. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

13. Nick Fury

14. Korg

15. Kate Bishop

4. Thor

Legends ⇢ marvel gif imagines¹ - ➤ Thor Odinson - Wattpad

Average: 6.00

RANKINGS:

Derek - 3/15

Victoria - 4/15

Steven - 6/15

QK - 7/15

Public - 8/15

Zoey - 8/18

Derek

Thor

I love Thor! He's so funny! He was funny from day 1 in his movies but he didn't truly flourish until he got to interact with the other Avengers and MCU characters. I think Thor does the best job of all the characters of crossing over with other characters. We see a full range of this character... amazing wins, sad losses, happiness, depression, determination, everything. Definitely one of the best of all time and I'm so glad he survived so I can rank him high. Thor's Ragnarok was my favorite movie and Thor is my favorite part of the Avengers movies. Can't wait for Love & Thunder!

Victoria

04. Thor

Infinity War Yes GIF by MOODMAN

Thor is an interesting character for me in The MCU because before Thor: Ragnarok, Thor was not a character I cared for all that much. Sure, he was played by the sexy Chris Hemsworth, but I found him bland and uneventful despite being a God. Thor: Ragnarok changed all that and he shot up my ranking and I found him funny and endearing. It's funny how one movie can change your perspective on a particular character. Thor Odinson is the Asgardian God of Thunder, the former king of Asgard and New Asgard, and a founding member of the Avengers. He is the son of Oldin, brother of Loki and had a girlfriend in Jane Foster. Thor's development is so intriguing to me and I can't help but love him now.

PS: I'm so exited for Thor: Love and Thunder

Steven

Thor

adf24453f30f2e3ccbc3e6215990d3bf.gif

Thor's a cool character, and I appreciate the humor Chris Hemsworth brings to the character too. Thor was a bit too boring and Shakespearean at first, but he comes to life in Thor: Ragnarok. Kudos to Taika Waititi for recognizing Hemsworth's comedic chops and making a fun Thor movie. Endgame was disappointing though. This was the grand finale and many character had memorable moments...but Thor was just treated like a joke with Fat Thor. Thor is obviously a significant character throughout the films, and he had a good character arc at first. He went from a spoiled prince to a selfless hero ready to lead Asgard. I don't know why the writers threw that away in Endgame with Thor letting himself go and telling Valkyrie she was better to lead than him. Maybe Thor will redeem himself in the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder movie? Regardless, Thor still remains one of my favorite characters, largely due to Thor: Ragnarok and Chris Hemsworth's portrayal of the character.

QK

7. Thor

_dabbc3d4-b5de-11ea-b3b3-7b919605787e.jp

What I like the most about Thor was the humor that was added in especially in the later movies. It mixed things up and made him less one dimensional like say Captain America. Thor is the "God of Thunder", a member of the race known as the Asgardians, a group of humanoid beings from the pocket dimension of Asgard, the Realm Eternal. Thor is the son of Odin, the All-Father and king of Asgard. He was worshiped by the humans known as Vikings and became part of Norse Mythology.Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir, which helps him to channel his godly energies, he became the mightiest warrior in the Ten Realms. When his irresponsible and impetuous behavior became too much, Odin sent him to Midgard (more commonly known as Earth) as a disabled mortal medical student named Donald Blake, stripped of his memory. After learning humility he regained his memory as well as his godly powers. Thor went on to become a champion for Midgard as well as one of the founding members of the Avengers, "Earth's Mightiest Heroes". Curious to see how well Thor will do here. 

Public

9. Thor - Thor 2 happened so I can't place him that high - Rei

Zoey

Thor Odinson is the Asgardian God of Thunder, the former king of Asgard and New Asgard, and a founding member of the Avengers. When his irresponsible and impetuous behavior reignited a conflict between Asgard and Jotunheim, Thor was denied the right to become king, stripped of his power, and banished to Earth by Odin. While exiled on Earth, Thor learned humility, finding love with Jane Foster, and helped save his new friends from the Destroyer sent by Loki. Due to his selfless act of sacrifice, Thor redeemed himself in his father's eyes and was granted his power once more.  Thor would go on to appear in 7 films with an 8th appearance on the way.

DEREK

3. Thor

4. Xu Shang-Chi

5. Thanos

6. T’Challa/Black Panther

8. Korg

10. Nick Fury

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Kate Bishop

13. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

14. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

QK

1. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

2. Kate Bishop

5. Steve Rogers/Captain America

7. Thor

8. Tony Stark/Iron Man

9. Nick Fury

10. Thanos

11. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

14. Xu Shang-Chi

15. Korg

STEVEN

1. Korg

2. Steve Rogers/Captain America

4. Xu Shang-Chi

6. Thor

8. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

9. T’Challa/Black Panther

10. Nick Fury

11. Kate Bishop

12. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

13. Thanos

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

VICTORIA

1. Steve Rogers/Captain America

4. Thor

6. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

8. Kate Bishop

9. Thanos

11. Korg

13. Xu Shang-Chi

14. Nick Fury

15. Tony Stark/Iron Man

ZOEY

1. T’Challa/Black Panther

2. Thanos

6. Nick Fury

7. Tony Stark/Iron Man

8. Thor

9. Xu Shang-Chi

11. Korg

12. Kate Bishop

14. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

PUBLIC

2. Thanos

5. T’Challa/Black Panther

6. Xu Shang-Chi

8. Thor

9. Steve Rogers/Captain America

10. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

11. Tony Stark/Iron Man

12. Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

13. Nick Fury

14. Korg

15. Kate Bishop

3. Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Peter Parker GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Average: 5.33

RANKINGS:

Derek - 2/15

Victoria - 2/15

Zoey - 4/15

Public - 4/15

QK - 6/15

Steven - 14/15

Derek

Spider-Man

By the time Tom Holland came around to play Spider-Man, I was definitely feeling some Spider-Man fatigue. However, Tom's Spider-Man, who was younger and fresher and funnier than all the others, proved that this character still had more to give. I think as a whole, the Spider-Man MCU movies are the strongest as compared to the Iron Man movies, Thor movies, etc. Spider-Man is just a young dumb kid trying to prove himself and find his place in the world. And Tom makes it totally believable. I'm expecting that this character will get some #1s and some #15s lolololol so I'm very curious where he will land in the end.

Victoria

02. Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Tom Holland Dancing GIF by Spider-Man

Spider-Man is my favorite character from the comics, but if we are separating the comics from The MCU then Spider-Man would take a back seat to Captain America. Tom Holland playing Spider-Man does help his ranking because I am a thirsty you know what. Peter Benjamin Parker is a former high school student who gained spider-like abilities, fighting crime across New York City as the superhero Spider-Man. Tony Stark recruited Spider-Man to join the Avengers Civil War and that was the beginning of his mentorship. Peter has an aunt May, a best friend Ned, a girlfriend MJ, but all that went away in Spider-Man: No Way Home where everyone forget who he was because of Dr. Strange's spell.

PS: Tom Holland is representing Tobey and Andrew too.

Zoey

Peter Parker played by Tom Holland first made his appearance in Captain America: Civil War.  We had a likable personality and felt different then spider-men of Marvels past.  He was on team Stark at the time, and the two had a great father-son like relationship throughout their time together.  Peter Parker had 3 solo films and was in 3 Avenger Films.  That puts his present movie count to 7.  It sounds like he might be getting another triology in the near future.  Tom Holland is a great actor for the role and has made this version of Spider-Man a fan favorite in the franchise.  He won't win but will probably come close.

Public

10. Peter Parker/Spider-Man - He's a bit annoying sometimes - Rei

QK

6. Peter Parker/Spider-Man

DF_12080_rv2_1000x563_thumbnail.jpg

I was involved in getting the other Spider Man cut and I think people were expecting me to cut him as well but I was nice and I left him alone because my care meter for this rankdown wasn't as high as others. Spiderman had been rebooted way too many times but it's super popular and keeps making them a lot of money so it makes sense from a business stand point I suppose. But anyways Spider- Man was never a huge favorite of mine especially the Andrew Garfield era I thought those movies were not good at all. But since I am nice here he is on my rankings. 

Steven

Peter Parker

spider-man.gif

Nothing against Tom Holland, but his Peter Parker / Spider-Man is a bit annoying. When he was first introduced in Civil War, I found his presence to be irritating. Why was this little kid entering the fray just to be a little pest in that showdown at the airport? Just let the grown ups handle it themselves. Anyway, the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies aren't bad, but his version of Peter Parker is so stupidly naive and my least favorite of the three (I like Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's portrayals of Spider-Man much better). Tom's Spider-Man senselessly gives away the E.D.I.T.H. glasses to Mysterio, which causes a whole lot of problems. In the latest film, his determination to redeem the villains results in the death of a character that means a lot to him. A lot of the problems that happen in these films is due to Peter Parker being too gullible, so he then has to clean up the mess that's partially his fault. I'm not a fan, so he's an easy choice to be near the bottom of my ranking.