Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

Below are the teams and the scores used to decide who was on each team.

Team Hela (Alex):

Agatha Harkness - 26

Bruce Banner/Hulk - 22

Scott Lang/Ant-Man - 21

Steve Rogers/Captain America - 18

Sersi - 15

Thanos - 12

Peter Quill/Star-Lord - 8

T'Challa/Black Panther - 8

Wandy Maximoff/Scarlet Witch - 7

Team Billy (Derek):

Billy Maximoff - 30

Melinda May - 18

Ying Nan - 15

Carol Danvers/Captain Marve - l15

Nebula - 13

Adrian Toomes/Vulture - 10

Xu Xialing - 8

Katy Chen - 7

Thena - 6

Team Spider-Man (Elliott):

Nick Fury - 15

Chase Stein - 15

Matt Murdock/Daredevil - 14

Virginia "Pepper" Potts/Rescue - 13

Hela - 10

Karen Page - 8

Gamora - 5

Scrapper 142/Valkyrie  - 3 (Team Hela was full)

Okoye - 0 (Every other team was full)

Team Kate (QK):

Nakia - 18

Peter Parker/Spider-Man - 18

Kate Bishop - 16

Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake - 15

Korg - 14

Jessica Jones - 11

Maria Hill - 11

Trish Walker - 9

N'Jadaka/Erik "Killmonger" Stevens - 5

Team Korg (Steven):

Sharon Carter/Agent 13/Power Broker - 18

Darcy Lewis - 14

Tony Stark/Iron Man - 11

Dr. Steven Strange - 9

Sam Wilson/The Falcon/Captain America - 9

Lucky the Pizza Dog - 8

Xu-Shang-Chi - 8

Jemma Simmons - 6 (Team Black Widow was full)

J.A.R.V.I.S./Vision - 5

Team Black Widow (Victoria):

Loki - 17

Leo Fitz - 14

Groot - 12

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow - 12

Rocket - 10

Thor - 10

James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf - 9

Yelena Belova/Black Widow - 9

Carl Lucas - 9

Lists have been double checked.  You have until 1 PM CST on Sunday March 27th (48 hours) to make your 3 cuts from your team and post your write ups.

I still need Red Skulls write up from Elliott.

@Alex95 @FrogLenzen @Elliott @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890

Edited by Solaris

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Me looking at Alex's team and trying to figure out justification for any of those 9 leaving.

200.gif

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah he's got a packed team. 

Star Lord’s right there. 

DARCY LEWIS

giphy.gif

Darcy Lewis appears in two Thor movies and the Disney+ series WandaVision. She's an intelligent woman who worked as an assistant to Jane Foster before graduating with a doctorate in astrophysics. She helps Jane with her research throughout the films. In WandaVision, she was recruited to understand what was going on at Westview. She realizes that Wanda was living in a simulated reality that resembles famous TV shows. In addition, Darcy is a good comic relief character who is quick-witted and can be pretty snarky too. I do like Darcy, but I don't know how much longevity she really has in this rankdown. Is she a Top 20 contender? I don't think so, and I think Darcy's elimination here won't upset too many people (especially with the list I have to choose from).

Scott Lang/Ant-Man

null_191c153a-3452-11e9-85ab-b5c6484f4b61.jpg

Paul Rudd is amazing. Ant-Man is not. Honestly maybe it is, I still haven't seen either of his movies lol. So I only know him from Civil War and Endgame. The concept is that he is able to shrink his size which to me feels like the latest superpower ever but you do you Paul Rudd. I'm reading the wiki and apparently he did this to avoid paying child support lmaooooooooo okay that's kinda iconic. Anyways, I don't wanna read to much of the wiki in case I ever do see the movie. I first met him in Civil War where he was a member of #TeamCaptainAmerica. I was #TeamIronMan so clearly we had some issues from the start. Then we saw him again in Endgame and he was one of the half that survived the snap and I was like...really? We needed him to survive the half? There were more interesting characters so I thought it was kinda pointless. He's an Avenger now so hopefully his cheap ass is finally paying child support.

Peter Quill/Star-Lord

ft_comicon_s_t_grd09_wt06_0-1-2000.jpg

Star-Lord almost survived the cuts, but Zoey pm'd me with a last minute change a few hours ago and unfortunately for him, he fell victim to this cut. He was definitely one of my top choices to cut from my team though. Obviously there's the Chris Pratt of it all. Y'all spent way too much time on Letitia who may be problematic, but she's nowhere near Chris Pratt's level :kissbye:. Anyways, I digress. There was a time where I loved Chris Pratt (thanks Parks & Rec) so his rise to jacked Marvel superhero was kinda amazing to watch since he was a nobody when Parks & Rec first started. He's only been in the Guardians movies and the two big Avengers movies. I'm not all that crazy about the Guardians movies if I'm being honest, and there's other characters from them that I prefer. Anyways, he's a thief and he joined up with a rag tag team of misfits to f*ck shit up and do some good. I feel like that's a concept we see in so many superhero movies. You've got Suicide Squad of the villains doing good. And there's countless other examples of misfits forming an army to work together. Nothing all that groundbreaking, but breaking ground isn't exactly what Marvel's for. It's for some popcorn fun and Star-Lord, and his films, deliver that. Anyways, I'm talking too much in generalities and not enough about the characters, which is why I didn't want to join this game in the first place because I'm a super casual fan when it comes to Marvel. I don't really do rewatches and I don't remember much about the movies after they end. The most memorable thing about him for me is in Infinity War when they had Thanos and then he f*cked everything up and everyone hated him lol. So that was bad. I think he's a funny, average character. Not one of the best.

LUCKY THE PIZZA DOG

hawkeye-lucky.gif

Well, this cut hurts. Sure, Lucky the Pizza Dog barely qualifies as a character. But I love dogs, especially golden retrievers. I was hoping another ranker would have to cut Lucky instead, but for some reason you guys assigned Lucky to me. Anyway, Lucky the Pizza Dog appears in the Disney+ series Hawkeye. He is a stray dog with a missing left eye. He becomes Kate Bishop's adopted golden retriever. He enjoys eating pizza, hence the name Kate gives him. Lucky also helps ward off criminals, even biting the leg of a Tracksuit Mafia member. He's affectionate to Kate and Clint though. Lucky the Pizza Dog is a good boy, but he sadly leaves the rankdown now.

Bruce Banner/Hulk

636449735576156325-ThorRagnarok5902c1866b823.jpg?width=2224&height=1257&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

I actually do like Hulk and there's two other nominees I prefer him to that I would've cut in his place, but after my discussion with Zoey this is who she landed on. I'm not that passionate about him that I was prepared to fight for him. Is the Edward Norton Hulu part of this cut? Idk. Either way I've never seen that movie so I only know him for the Avengers movies and Ragnarok. Without a proper stand alone movie since his original one over ten years ago with a different actor, Hulk hasn't had his iconic Marvel moment yet. I think Ragnarok was probably his peak. It was the first time he really got a bit of a storyline not overshadowed by the other Avengers. It wasn't a lot (and he's still not even in the top three characters in that movie alone), but it was nice to see him get something (and I think that mainly speaks to the strength of the film). As far as the Avengers movies go, he's fine. He's technically in them. Dr. Banner is a renowned scientist so he does a lot of smart people things. And then he goes Hulk and goes crazy which is always fun. He's kind of a main character so sorry about this cut, but it's where we landed. Hopefully @Zoey is feeling better so I don't have to do any more writeups cause I don't like doing half-assed writeups but like I said, I'm a casual Marvel fan.

Anyone strongly object to an Iron Man cut? He's my least favorite from my group of assigned characters, but I'm thinking that might be too controversial of a cut? :ph34rwave: If so, I guess Vision will be my third cut. But I'll cut Iron Man if no one objects.