Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

Cycle 12: Inhumans

Marvel's Inhumans: why the new ABC superhero show seems destined to fail -  Vox

Inhumans have awoken on earth.  These are special individuals with gifts that no ordinary human possesses! Those individuals are represented by the public, who have been watching the rankdown. 

For this cycle the public will be submitting nominations.  Each of the rankers will have to cut one and save one.  This is the second last cycle of the rankdown.  In order to make your cut/save, all your outstanding write ups must be completed.  I will post the public at 12 CST on Friday.  

The public can give me a list of 5 characters ranked from 1 to 5.  The one ranked at one would be your most ideal nomination, while 5 would be the one you want nominated but less then the other 4.

Top 27:

Tony Stark/Iron Man

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow

Nick Fury

Thor

Loki

Steve Rogers/Captain America

James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Sam Wilson/The Falcon/Captain America

Gamora

Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch

T'Challa/ Black Panther

Dr. Steven Strange

Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Korg

Thanos

Yelena Belova/Black Widow

Xu Shang-Chi

Sersi

Thena

Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

Melinda May

Jemma Simmons

Leo Fitz

Matt Murdock/DareDevil

Jessica Jones

Trish Walker

Kate Bishop

At the end of this cycle, 21 characters will remain in the rankdown.

Make sure your write ups are completed by Friday at noon!

@Zoey @Steven_ @1234567890 @Elliott @QueenKalie @FrogLenzen

Tagging some members of the public who might be interested in nominating:

@.Rei @Alex95 @*Wallace @goofycilla90

Edited by Solaris

Write ups that are owed:

Zoey - War Machine, Agatha Harkness

Elliott - Red Skull, Pepper Potts

Victoria - Katy Chen, Sharon Carter

Derek - Billy Maximoff

QK - Nebula

Steven - Vulture, Valkyrie

• Solaris changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Cycle 12, Page 65)

ADRIAN TOOMES / VULTURE

vulture-spider-man.gif

Adrian Toomes is the villain of Spider-Man: Homecoming. He was the owner of Bestman Salvage, a cleanup crew for any incidents that happened in New York City. However, he ended up losing his livelihood after the government and Tony Stark claimed these duties away from him with Damage Control. Bitter and desperate to make ends meet, Adrian stole Chitauri technology to create a flying exo-suit and called himself Vulture. He also stole and sold advanced weaponry on the black market. Adrian's path to villainy makes sense compared to the typical "world domination" trope seen in other villains. It's understandable why he took this path. However, his crimes were eventually realized by Spider-Man. And to complicate matters, Adrian also happened to be the father of Spider-Man’s high school crush. Vulture realized who Peter was when they finally met, and the two ended up having a showdown. Vulture was defeated by Spider-Man and sent to jail. Vulture got a reprieve in this game, but he leaves the rankdown now. At least he gets a much higher placement than before.

VALKYRIE

tumblr_ozqb7eq57o1tctq75o4_r1_540.gifv

I did not expect Valkyrie to lose the battle against Thena. I thought Valkyrie was a lot more popular than Thena, so pairing the two of them was a mistake on my part. Valkyrie was not my intended target. Anyway, Valkyrie first appears in the film Thor: Ragnarok. She was a former Asgardian warrior who captures Thor and delivers him to the Grandmaster. Valkyrie has a change of heart throughout the film. She eventually teams up with Thor, rescues the prisoners, and escapes Sakaar. She's part of the final showdown with Hela, but Hela was too strong. They had to rely on Surtur, but he destroyed the planet as a result. After Asgard's destruction, they all sought refuge on Earth after the Snap. They stayed in Norway, but Thor began neglecting his royal duties and drinking heavily. Valkyrie fights in the final showdown against Thanos and his army. By the end of the events of Endgame, Thor appoints Valkyrie as the new leader of New Asgard as he believed she was better suited as a ruler. I didn't really agree with this plot point, especially since Thor really embraced his role as king at the end of Thor: Ragnarok. Anyway, we'll see more of Valkyrie in the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder movie. I do like Valkyrie and think Tessa Thompson does a great job in the role, but we're nearing the end of this game. I'm not really attached to her, which is why I chose to nominate her. Even though she wasn't my preferred option to go, the majority chose to get rid of her instead of Thena. Too bad.

Zoey - Agatha Harkness

Elliott - Pepper Potts

Derek - Billy Maximoff

QK - Nebula

23 hours, please get your write ups in!

I haven't received any public votes yet, so id I don't get enough for the cycle tomorrow, I am going to change it to a randomized list instead of public votes.

Edited by Solaris

Johann Schmidt/Red Skull/Stonekeeper

Best Johann Schmidt GIFs | Gfycat

Johann Schmidt was the main antagonist in Captain America: The First Avenger.  His moniker was Red Skull as he used a prototype serum that altered his skin to red. He was leader of Hydra, and was planning on world domination through use of the tesseract.  Captain America rose up against him, and eventually was able to take him down, and Hydra was seemingly defeated (which we know was not actually the case).

He would later return as Stonekeeper in the last two avenger films, and he was the guide to the soul stone on the planet Vorimer.  His advice would later cause both Gamora and Natasha Romanoff to lose their lives while search of the soul stone.

War Machine

War Machine GIFs | Tenor

Doing this to get it done, but this will be the last write up I do to catch people up.  War Machine was a prominent member of the Avenger's team.  James Rhodes first dawned the suit during the second Iron Man film, and since then has been a staple in the francis.  He has appeared in 8 MCU films and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier series.  He is also rumored to be in a couple more shows as they come up.

War Machine notably was in agreement with the Sokovia accords, which was there to force gifted individuals to register their abilities.  Outside of Tony Stark, War Machine is also shown to have good relationships with a number of the avengers even while there was a rift.  He has shown great admiration for Captain America and a more light-hearted relationship with Ant-Man.  He is the first of the big Avenger's to fall in this rankdown.

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Zoey - Agatha Harkness

Elliott - Pepper Potts

Derek - Billy Maximoff

QK - Nebula

23 hours, please get your write ups in!

I haven't received any public votes yet, so id I don't get enough for the cycle tomorrow, I am going to change it to a randomized list instead of public votes.

Why am I tagged here? I already posted my write-ups. 

Katy Chen

7c93061cefd666d078a48f3cd5dd90ed96a657e3.gifv

Katy Chen is a fine sidekick character to Shang-Chi, but did we really let her get this close to the Top 30 in this Rankdown? She's good comedic relief in the Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, but she really beat out some Marvel Legends here. Hulk, Ant-Man, Groot, Rocket, Captain Marvel and Vision all left before here. I would even throw Darcy Lewis in there because I love her and in terms of Marvel: Darcy > Katy. This write-up doesn't mean I don't like Katy Chen, but I just think she ranked too high in this Rankdown. Katy Chen is Shang-Chi's oldest friend and she kind of found her purpose in the film helping Shang-Chi save the world. :haha: Good character just a tad too high imo.

Sharon Carter/Agent 13/Power Broker

giphy.gif

Sharon Carter is another case of an okay character, but why did she last thing long? Sharon Carter beat out Hulk, Ant-Man, Groot, Rocket, Captain Marvel, Darcy Lewis and Vision and I'm just wondering why. :haha: Sharon Carter is the great-niece of legendary S.H.I.E.L.D.founder and Director Peggy Carter. Sharon was introduced in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and there was that weird kiss between Captain America and Sharon which was weird because she's RELATED to Peggy Carter. :dead: She would make a 4 episode in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier where she kind of turns into a double agent/bad guy? It will be interesting to see what they do with Sharon going forward.

Nebula

nebula.jpg

I like both Nebula and Gamora but I thought putting them against each other would lead to a fun battle. Nebula is a former Luphomoid assassin, an adopted daughter of the intergalactic warlord Thanos and adopted sister of Gamora. As the right-hand woman of Ronan the Accuser during his and Thanos' quest to retrieve the Orb, she helped him fight the Guardians of the Galaxy during the Battle of Xandar. Fleeing the battle after a fight with Gamora, Nebula was soon captured by the Sovereign and handed back to the Guardians after a finished commission. She escaped and helped Taserface lead the other Ravagers in a mutiny against their former leader Yondu Udonta before leaving to find and kill Gamora. After forgiving and helping her sister alongside the Guardians during the Battle on Ego's Planet, she left in a ship to pursue a revenge mission against Thanos. So she is a good character but I didn't really care who won out between her and Gamora in their battle. She lost though so out she goes from the rankdown now. 

witch-agatha-harkness.gif
AGATHA HARKNESS

Agatha Harkness is a character from Wandavision. Did she really need to make it this far? I think not. Agatha is a witch from Salem, who was accused of practicing witchcraft during the Salem Witch Trials. She then felt the presence of chaos magic and became obsessed with possessing Wanda Maximoff’s abilities. She lived under the pretence of the Wandavision sitcom and became “Agnes” who lived next door to her. She was the nosy and funny neighbour who probably gave us the most laughs but funny doesn’t win this rankdown I’m afraid. She discovered that Wanda was indeed the Scarlet Witch but she was defeated and stripped of her powers forever to reside in Westview as Agnes for the rest of her life.

• Thanks 1