The Voice 21 ● Top 20 Eliminations ● Discussion

istersay

Just now, idolwatcher_1 said:

I honestly don't give a blank about the coaches or any "values" they allegedly represent or hold... I am voting based purely on VOICE and performance.  I am not wasting my vote for any other agenda than that...

That's the way it should be for sure

2 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Sorry Hailey naysayers, but she is here to stay! 🤩

Yeah, just like y'all said she was a lock for the PV and a frontrunner 💀

I think she's making Final 8 - but probably getting instant eliminated by then.

GNT/Jeremy/Paris/Wendy/Holly/Joshua will probably end up as the Top 3 and Middle 3. I see the season playing really obviously, ngl. Expect Joshua and Holly getting pimped to heaven in the upcoming weeks.

12 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

At this point, Blake and Kelly are becoming too dominant of coaches on this platform on the voice as they hold the core audience values... its gonna be a bloodbath for team legend and ariana next week.. and it starting to become predictable every season now... something has to change IMO

I agree. That's why they will bus one act from Kelly and Blake each and pimp the hell out of Holly and Joshua I feel like. They want them to have a chance at the Top 8 IS.

I missed almost the whole show because of phone calls, so if anyone else missed stuff

SAVED BY AMERICA’S VOTE
Girl Named Tom (Team Kelly)
Jeremy Rosado (Team Kelly)
Jershika Maple (Team Legend)
Joshua Vacanti (Team Legend)
Jim and Sasha Allen (Team Ariana)
Holly Forbes (Team Ariana)
Wendy Moten (Team Blake)
Paris Winningham (Team Blake)

SAVED BY THEIR COACH
Gymani (Team Kelly)
Shadale (Team Legend)
Ryleigh Plank (Team Ariana)
Lana Scott (Team Blake)

ELIMINATED
Katie Rae (Team Kelly)
David Vogel (Team Legend)
Raquel Trinidad (Team Ariana)
LiBianca (Team Blake)

SAVED BY AMERICA’S VOTE | Hailey Mia (Team Kelly)

ELIMINATED | Bella DeNapoli (Team Ariana), Peedy Chavis (Team Blake), Samuel Harness (Team Legend) and Vaughn Mugol (Team Ariana)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dane Bautista said:

So sad for Vaughn though. I mean he flew from Texas to LA and then needed to fly back because he has to report for duty the next day. They should have made him compete in the live playoffs, not in the wildcard.

Vaughn should've won that save. How did he lose in the battles? Hailey is way too young and has time to develop. She should've been eliminated in the Battles. Joshua was too pitchy in the Blinds. I hope it's not like seasons 14, 15, and 19 where a young teenager wins based on popularity and cuteness. Minimum age should be 18+. 21+ is preferred

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, idolwatcher_1 said:

Ok, do people just not connect with Gymani or Shadale or something?  They were both great!  :huh:

Thing is many people in both teams brought their a game. Them not getting a PV doesn’t mean the public didn’t connect with them. Especially considering only it’s two out of five getting pv

My opinions on the results: 

Team Kelly: Glad Jeremy  made it through. Girl Named Tom getting through is cool, I just hope each of the trio gets a chance to shine . Gymani getting saved was co too. I like Katie, especially when rewatching performances. Sadly, despite her good song choice, she didn’t get enough votes to the top 2 and wasn’t lucky enough to be a coaches save or wildcard singer. Hailey Mia is good. I’m skeptical of younger singers, but she surprises me.  As much as some of my favs were in the wildcard performances, I can’t be mad at her for winning.

Team Blake: My prediction of the top 3 was right.  After Wendy delivering a Whitney Houston ballad and the coaches deservedly praising Paris’ performance, they would advance. And while Blake can be unpredictable, he predictably chose the country artist left for the top 13. And I like Lana, so not mad about that. 

I enjoyed Libianca’s performance last night, and perhaps she would have had better luck on another team, but she got lost in the crowd. And as much as I enjoyed that new  song she sang, in retrospect it’s probably the best choice for live playoffs. And honestly, I think she’d fare better in shows like America’s Got Talent. 

I liked Peedy, but Proud Mary wasn’t the best idea, even if it was good. And his genre usually has trouble getting votes in this show.  I liked his wildcard performance well enough, but it didn’t have the stage presence he usually has.  

Team Ari: 
    Jim and Sasha were unexpected if you base it off of last nights performance only. However their overall body of work shoes they have potential and have talent. Holly Forbes getting through wasn’t surprising after I read reviews and IDF. She did well last night, even if I didn’t like her song choice. But her lack of screen time compared to other contest in the top 13 could be a disadvantage if she doesn’t try to stand out.
       I’m glad Ari saved Ryleigh as previous performance of hers showed she has so much potential. She did well last night too, even if there were some rough spots. I enjoyed Bella throughout her run, but I guess many people didn’t like her performance last night.  She did well her her Wildcard, but sadly her being one of the first few put her at a disadvantage.

Raquel Trinidad had an amazing run from auditions to KOs, but she didn’t do that well last night unfortunately. Vaughn did a good job on his wildcard, and honestly I feel sorry for how the shoe treated him. They montage his battle, and allowed him to compete for ONE wildcard spot instead of allowing him to compete in the playoffs for a chance of one of TWO/THREE slots.  It may not seem like much difference but a 1/5 chance is less than a 2/5 or 3/5 chance. if I were him I’d be mad at the show treating me as a disposable contestant. He had talent and brought something unique to the sow, but the show just used him for ratings. 

Team John

Jershika slayed last night so glad she got through. Joshua did great and provides something unique to the show. Aldo he sort of looks like me if I were taller and had curly hair. Shadale slayed the song, so not surprised John saved her.
   For Samuel, was the song last night his choice, coaches choice, or producers choice? Anyways, his chances sadly narrowed due to that song choice. He has a unique tone,  but that song didn’t give him room to shine. His wildcard performance was better, but he went first, which limited his chance.  I liked David, but as talented as he is, he got lost in the shuffle with other talented contestants. 

anyhow, as much as the eliminated 12 are talented and have potential, so does this top 13. It’s going to be a excellent season.   

59 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

IDF before the Playoffs: not all the RnB/soul divas will make it past the playoffs, we will lose some of them.

Wendy, Gymani, Jershika, and Shadale: we'll see about that...

IDF usually has a strange irrational  hate towards R& B/soul singers. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, xfactor22 said:

IDF usually has a strange irrational  hate towards R& B/soul singers. 

Not in more recent memory, I don't think. They're usually very well-liked. The last one to get plenty of hate was Myracle, because she took out their precious Kyndal.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Not in more recent memory, I don't think. They're usually very well-liked. The last one to get plenty of hate was Myracle, because she took out their precious Kyndal.

I don't recall any hate for Myracle when that happened.  There was just a lot of surprise.

Just now, FloorWax said:

I mean it depends if your only judging based on one singing show or both, but sometimes they get plenty of unjust hate :Ex. Chris Blue, Aliyah Moulden. Keep in mind, I may not have been as updated kn IDF as I have been I. The last so times NFT have changed, 

1 hour ago, abigailcoasters said:

Vaughn should've won that save. How did he lose in the battles? Hailey is way too young and has time to develop. She should've been eliminated in the Battles. Joshua was too pitchy in the Blinds. I hope it's not like seasons 14, 15, and 19 where a young teenager wins based on popularity and cuteness. Minimum age should be 18+. 21+ is preferred

Listen, Hailey isn’t one of my favs, but there’s no denying her talent. This post is just a meltdown. Not to mention Hailey didn’t even compete with Vaughn in the battles. 

• Like 1

- A bit of a rough night for me. We lost some of the most unique artists (LiBianca, David) and some of my personal faves (Samuel, Raquel, Bella).

- Always fun to see some shockers (Jeremy snatching a PV, Peedy being eliminated...)

- Hailey is killing it so far, I don't think anyone can deny that. Second season in a row where a teen girl makes me eat my own words :haha:

- Decent Top 13 but it definitely lacks variety. 

- Congrats Girl Named Tom on winning The Voice! :wub: