SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

35 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Andrew and I are busy in Ottawa because of Canada’s Drag Race premiere so we’ll need an extension for #gayrights.

I support this #gayrights ❤️ 

Pictures needed before we do the next round!

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, FrogLenzen said:

382. Shane Collard (UK2)

403. Gianni Grot (NL4)

417. Gian Luca Loddo (UK2)

@*Amanda

390. Brooklyn Fullmer (US11)

400. Jensen Arnold (US15)

414. Yuliya Zavadska (CA4)

@sublymonal

376. Gaz Griffiths (AU3)

378. Alex Wong (US7)

410. Janaya French (US9)

@Elliott

377. Jessi Peralta (US3)

387. Kevin "K'Bez" Hunte (US6)

395. Janette Manrara (US5)

@JC

373. JP Dubé (CA4)

396. Lauren "Misha Chan" Gottlieb (US3)

415. Nina Nestelaar (NL7)

@totes4totes

416. Chris Jarosz (US4)

@.Rei

On 10/3/2021 at 9:27 AM, .Rei said:

Chris Jarosz 

mDoKl49.png

I will make this much prettier later but let's get this over with so l can assure Karen's safety. Chris is a contemporary dancer from s4 that was pretty much the worst dancer of the season IMHO. He was paired with Comfort which was very unfortunate for her. I think she deserved better. They did krump together and you can imagine how that went for him. Luckily for her, he was eliminated after three shows and moved on to better partners. There was really no good reason to move him on during the first round. 

• Thanks 1

J.T. Church

J._T._Church.jpg

He's from the kids season so he's an easy cut TBH. He was a Contemporary/Jazz dancer and Robert was his all-star partner. He finished in 2nd place. The one routine of his I remember is the mirror routine which is definitely one of the standouts of the season. A few years later, he was put on DWTS: Juniors as a kid pro and he and Sky Brown ended up winning the only season of the Juniors edition. I liked them I suppose, but I preferred the other 3 finalists more (Kenzie, Arianna, and Miles). The same can be said for his SYTYCD run. I prefered Kida, Tate & Emma more. But I try to forget the kids season happened so I don't have any strong feelings either way. Here's the aforementioned mirror dance.

SAVE: Ade Obayomi

CHOREOGRAPHY: Ezra Sosa

Edited by *Amanda

VIRGIL GADSON

1580925.jpg

Well I’m not really a fan of this cut (as in doing this cut), but of the six, I have the least attachment to Virgil so he wound up being my choice.

Virgil was a contestant from the twelfth season of the American show, and he made it all the way to third place. He was a member of “Team Street,” and ultimately was their second-highest ranking dancer after Jaja Vankova.

I did enjoy Virgil his season, though I liked several others from Team Street more than him. His two routines with Hailee Payne were my favourite that he did, and I do actually wish that season had a more standard format because I think Virgil/Hailee would’ve slayed together.

He was great on tour as well.

SAVE: Hailee Payne

CHOREO: Jonathan Arsenault

On 10/13/2021 at 5:04 PM, Zoey said:

Darius was one of my favourites but I get the not connecting with him. I love him solely based on his routines but never connected on a personality level.

Darius had two great routines that I remember very fondly, but overall, I never really connected with him. I do think his performance in It Takes A Lot… is worthy of keeping him around for a while though, just because it is such a show-stopping performance.

Sebastian Mersch

Sebastian was a contemporary dancer during SYTYCD Canada’s third season. He started the season partnered with Danielle and the two of them had a fairly promising start. I’m not a huge fan of their Bollywood routine, but their Theater routine in Week 2 and Contemporary routine in Week 3 were pretty decent, minus the contemporary being danced to a song by a r*pist 🥴 Their hip hop in Week 4 though was… a waste of a Rihanna song. Danielle did better than Sebastian, hence why I saved her. 

Then in Week 5, they switched partners and Sebastian danced a Stacey Tookey contemporary with Amanda Cleghorn that I didn’t hate but, again, they’re we’re both in their genre so not a surprise there. In Week 6 he did a disco with Nathalie Heath that was campy and fun but not necessarily memorable. Then in Week 7, he was back with Danielle and the pair danced a Quickstep that was a bit of a mess and Seb was in the bottom.

Then the terrible Top 8 episode happened. Seb danced a Cha Cha with Natalie and because he had a been in the bottom a couple times before, I wasn’t surprised to see him and Danielle go home the next night but when Leah (🤮) announced that Mackenzie and Nathalie were also going home I basically lost all my faves in one fell swoop and was stuck with the worst Top 4 in SYTYCD history, minus Amanda. And the worst part was that finale was the first and only live taping of SYTYCD I ever attended so I saw D*nys get crowned live before everyone else 😒 Anyway this is about Sebastian. I liked him, but his run was very hit or miss, especially outside of his style so eliminating him was an easy decision from the three options left.

3 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

And the worst part was that finale was the first and only live taping of SYTYCD I ever attended so I saw D*nys get crowned live before everyone else

oh didn't know that.. pretty cool!!!  well, maybe for a fan of those 4 :haha:

Edited by .Rei

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 2 - Update your write-ups!)