Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

On my umpteenth rewatch of Joshua's KO.... my favorite part has to be when he sang "what if I'm down, what if I'm out" and he let the lyric guide the melody. 

Been reading feedback on his battle, and while a lot of people loved it, there are some vocal detractors who criticize Joshua's vibrato a lot. I'm guessing that John might tell him to tone it down, but for now I'm glad he's embracing that side of his voice and showcasing it well.

Also been thinking of song choices for Joshua for the playoffs. Will post them here soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

On my umpteenth rewatch of Joshua's KO.... my favorite part has to be when he sang "what if I'm down, what if I'm out" and he let the lyric guide the melody. 

Been reading feedback on his battle, and while a lot of people loved it, there are some vocal detractors who criticize Joshua's vibrato a lot. I'm guessing that John might tell him to tone it down, but for now I'm glad he's embracing that side of his voice and showcasing it well.

Also been thinking of song choices for Joshua for the playoffs. Will post them here soon.

While I thought he did a tad too much with the vibrato in spots, I’ll admit it worked for the knockout overall.

I don’t have any good song suggestions off the top of my head (drama-filled, emotional, and requiring a good amount of range all seem to be where he does best, which is why the only thing that comes to mind is Adam Lambert’s cover of “Believe” but that’s already been suggested here), unfortunately, and I will also admit my two main snowflakes this season are direct rivals for Joshua’s spot post-playoffs; that said, if Joshua manages to get a spot, it will be well-earned considering how freaking good everybody on John’s team is this season. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:34 AM, Bk1234 said:

I swear- if this guy doesn’t get to sing Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me in the lives… 🥲 He definitely has the tools to get one of the PVs on Team Legend.

I suggest this song season after season, maybe now is the time 💫

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sneaky said:

Somebody to Love by Queen or Uprising by Muse could get him some momentum.

I know he's not the demos cup of tea but I think he's a talented enough vocalist that with the right song he can change some minds.

Incredible songs!! are a challenge, but I also thought that he could cover some by Queen (I wouldn't choose Somebody to Love because king Jordan 👑)

The Show Must Go On would be perfect for him for the whole theatrical sense of the song

Song choice idea time!

Broken Vow/To Where You Are (Josh Groban) - I've seen people compare Joshua to Groban in a couple of places, and I agree whole-heartedly. They both have that very noticeable vibrato in their voice that they lean into a lot. Might as well give Joshua a song that actually lends itself to that style of singing. 

Somewhere Only We Know (Keane) - a nice dramatic song that builds to a really nice climax. There's plenty of room in this song for Joshua to put his own flourishes to it.

I (Who Have Nothing) [Tom Jones] - another dramatic and bombastic song. I would love to see him nail the power notes here.

Leave Your Lover/Too Good at Goodbyes (Sam Smith) - I feel like there are a lot of similarities between Joshua and Sam Smith, and I'd like to see Joshua apply some of the smoothness of Sam Smith's delivery to his performances. TGAG would be a nice midtempo for him, but I think Leave Your Lover can make a moment for him if he emotes it well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sneaky said:

Somebody to Love by Queen or Uprising by Muse could get him some momentum.

I know he's not the demos cup of tea but I think he's a talented enough vocalist that with the right song he can change some minds.

I definitely think he can nail a Queen song, STL would be fun but I'm afraid it will invite comparisons with Jordan Smith/Adam Lambert. 

Uprising though!!! I love the out-of-the-box choice! I think he can also nail Starlight. TPTB/John ain't cool enough to approve that song for him though.

Edited by Teraginn

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Song choice idea time!

Broken Vow/To Where You Are (Josh Groban) - I've seen people compare Joshua to Groban in a couple of places, and I agree whole-heartedly. They both have that very noticeable vibrato in their voice that they lean into a lot. Might as well give Joshua a song that actually lends itself to that style of singing. 

Somewhere Only We Know (Keane) - a nice dramatic song that builds to a really nice climax. There's plenty of room in this song for Joshua to put his own flourishes to it.

I (Who Have Nothing) [Tom Jones] - another dramatic and bombastic song. I would love to see him nail the power notes here.

Leave Your Lover/Too Good at Goodbyes (Sam Smith) - I feel like there are a lot of similarities between Joshua and Sam Smith, and I'd like to see Joshua apply some of the smoothness of Sam Smith's delivery to his performances. TGAG would be a nice midtempo for him, but I think Leave Your Lover can make a moment for him if he emotes it well.

The Tom Jones suggestion is killer. Definitely something where he can incorporate the drama and the range.

At this point, something theatrical is not gonna cut it for Minivan, but hopefully it does for John and he saves him.

• Like 2

Ef9sQFi.jpg

Joshua with the rest of Team Legend!

This is a very stacked team, not gonna lie. Joshua will have to put out an undeniable performance to get the PV over his competition. I hope John is at least as fascinated with him as he was with Will, who was also as unique and in his own lane as Joshua is in their respective seasons.

17 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Ef9sQFi.jpg

Joshua with the rest of Team Legend!

This is a very stacked team, not gonna lie. Joshua will have to put out an undeniable performance to get the PV over his competition. I hope John is at least as fascinated with him as he was with Will, who was also as unique and in his own lane as Joshua is in their respective seasons.

me next week

Sad Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

I can only think of the amazing work he's doing! He has all the tools to shine on stage! Positive vibes, he's ready! 

22 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

He has something we haven’t seen before on the voice just I think he cone the wrong season I just hope he has  a killing vocal performance ready maybe something emotional 

I think he came on the wrong team, personally. He would have KILLED on Team Ariana.

Alas, we're stuck with Team Legend. I guess if it's any consolation, in the event he *knocks on wood* loses out on the Top 12, it will most likely because he was legitimately outperformed.