Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

On 11/11/2021 at 11:12 PM, VintageVoice said:

Watch us be wrong about the rock thing and he goes full gospel for top 10 week because joke’s on the audience, church music IS his comfort zone and not the pop he’s been presenting himself doing 😂

Also, Kelly covered “Welcome to the Black Parade” on her show and it got me thinking…could that work for Joshua? He can do uptempo and make it through (battle round is a prime example of that) so the second half of the song is covered, and it’s got the dramatic factor he seems to thrive on in the first half.

It would completely go over the heads of the voting demo..... but my 2000s emo phase heart will burst out of its seams. ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 11:16 PM, pauwis said:

I keep thinking of Queen (TPTB please do something right once) or some 2000s alt rock (Keane maybe?)

By the way, I can see him sing Adele this Monday

Another possibility for this Monday: You Are the Reason

If he's gonna go Queen, maybe he can do Love of My Life? It will give him a chance to show off an emotional side but still be his theatrical self.

You Are the Reason will be a much more strategic, if basic choice. I wouldn't mind it if it means he can get through another week through PV.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

If he's gonna go Queen, maybe he can do Love of My Life? It will give him a chance to show off an emotional side but still be his theatrical self.

You Are the Reason will be a much more strategic, if basic choice. I wouldn't mind it if it means he can get through another week through PV.

My heart 💔. I love this song! Plus: We know he can move people in a beautiful way!

I said You Are The Reason because it's clearly on the producers' playlist. and while it's basic, it could mean one more week on the show with no problems.

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pauwis said:

My heart 💔. I love this song! Plus: We know he can move people in a beautiful way!

I said You Are The Reason because it's clearly on the producers' playlist. and while it's basic, it could mean one more week on the show with no problems.

Yeah, I think Joshua has done enough out-of-the-box song choices that he can afford to go predictable and sing a tried-and-true song that can really play well with the demo. I just hope it actually works if it happens.

He seems really excited about his dedication song in his IG story, FWIW.

Ugh I can't wait for the studios!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Maybe "You Are The Reason" as an Instant Save song if he needs it then?

(And "Love Of My Life" would genuinely be a moment for him if he nailed it)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yeah, I think Joshua has done enough out-of-the-box song choices that he can afford to go predictable and sing a tried-and-true song that can really play well with the demo. I just hope it actually works if it happens.

He seems really excited about his dedication song in his IG story, FWIW.

Ugh I can't wait for the studios!

Yes!! I'm sure he will dedicate it to his wife, but I don't know if he will go for a romantic classic or some gospel song that means a lot to both of them.

Edited by pauwis

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Maybe "You Are The Reason" as an Instant Save song if he needs it then?

(And "Love Of My Life" would genuinely be a moment for him if he nailed it)

Or maybe they'll make him sing one of Calum's newer songs. 

Love of My Life would be awesome, but it would be a weird dedication song, so maybe next week. LOL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Yes!! I'm sure he will dedicate it to his wife, but I don't know if he will go for a romantic classic or some gospel song that means a lot to both of them.

I totally agree, Sam will probably be his dedication song recipient. At the risk of sounding exploitative, I hope she can help Joshua curry some favor with the demo this week.

I didn't think about the possibility of Joshua going gospel, that has always been a double-edged sword on this show. If he's gonna do it, it has to be undeniably great.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Let me just say if it’s even half as good as the studio onstage, it’s going to be fantastic. There’s someone else with the obvious show closer song, but I could legitimately see this closing out hour one.

what I wanted to read !! Please TPTB, give me a joy.

by the way, he's literally having AMAZING song options