Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Ooh! So there's a possibility that Joshua was indeed the top votegetter on his team?

Really hope that's the case, he needs the advantage entering the Top 13.

He had more Facebook likes than everyone on his team. 

Also, getting a PV definitely is a good sign for surviving weeks in the Lives

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Ooh! So there's a possibility that Joshua was indeed the top votegetter on his team?

Really hope that's the case, he needs the advantage entering the Top 13.

As long as John doesn’t go full John with the song choices, I could see Joshua making the top 10.

Feels bold to predict that, but considering he had surprisingly good reception on a song that tapped into the “Broadway kid” energy, I’m not taking it off the table just yet (especially since Minivan tends to go for male artists and he’s one of three solo male acts left).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

He had more Facebook likes than everyone on his team. 

Also, getting a PV definitely is a good sign for surviving weeks in the Lives

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

As long as John doesn’t go full John with the song choices, I could see Joshua making the top 10.

Feels bold to predict that, but considering he had surprisingly good reception on a song that tapped into the “Broadway kid” energy, I’m not taking it off the table just yet (especially since Minivan tends to go for male artists and he’s one of three solo male acts left).

That's all very encouraging to hear! 

It's all up to Joshua to clinch his spot. Hope John doesn't throw him a curveball too soon.

So.... remember last season when a lot of us thought it would be amazing if Corey Ward sang My Immortal for the show?

Hear me out.... what if Joshua sang this song?

I mean.... it's a very dramatic song that builds to a fantastic climax... and based on this cover I saw on The Voice of Holland, I think the song would be fantastic for his voice.

Just a crazy thought I had. Carry on. ;) 

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

So.... remember last season when a lot of us thought it would be amazing if Corey Ward sang My Immortal for the show?

I mean.... it's a very dramatic song that builds to a fantastic climax... and based on this cover I saw on The Voice of Holland, I think the song would be fantastic for his voice.

this is a challenge !!
I still remember how much I wanted Maelyn to sing this song.

We already know that Joshua has the audacity, so, why not?

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

It’s just off the wall enough it could work, but it depends who John wants as his main horse (since the person production was apparently pushing as the main horse for Team Legend is now gone).

If he wants Joshua, John’s gonna John and get too involved in the song selection process and not let Joshua do his thing, but if he’s leaning towards one of his ladies, Joshua will likely get more creative freedom and this could be a viable possibility (much like how John focused on Katie and Marybeth in S17 and just kinda let Will do whatever up til the semifinals). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Yes, he needs something dramatic.  I was thinking Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf 😎😅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

It’s just off the wall enough it could work, but it depends who John wants as his main horse (since the person production was apparently pushing as the main horse for Team Legend is now gone).

If he wants Joshua, John’s gonna John and get too involved in the song selection process and not let Joshua do his thing, but if he’s leaning towards one of his ladies, Joshua will likely get more creative freedom and this could be a viable possibility (much like how John focused on Katie and Marybeth in S17 and just kinda let Will do whatever up til the semifinals). 

Interesting take.

Do you think Yoü and I was John or Joshua's idea? I think it's a very good choice for him, and whoever picked it needs to lean into that.

8 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Yes, he needs something dramatic.  I was thinking Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf 😎😅

Meat Loaf is actually not a bad choice for him. I suggested It's All Coming Back to Me Now in the suggestions thread and I know Meat Loaf had a version of it that would be perfect for Joshua.

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Something from Dear Evan Hensen or the Phantom of the Opera maybe.

Next week's theme is dedication, so it wouldnt surprise me if he goes back to his KO and gives us a ballad.

A ballad would be great for him at this juncture. He's probably gonna dedicate it to his wife, who I'm looking forward to hearing more of in the preperformance packages. They are an adorable couple. 💙

19 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Interesting take.

Do you think Yoü and I was John or Joshua's idea? I think it's a very good choice for him, and whoever picked it needs to lean into that.

Based on his willingness to tackle a song with that theater kid energy for his blind (before John even got involved in the picture), I’d lean slightly more towards Joshua picking the song he did this week. Regardless of who picked Monday’s song, that’s the vibe Joshua needs to be his best self on the show since it was a good mix of dramatics and emotional connection. Showing off that giant range doesn’t hurt, either.

14 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Based on his willingness to tackle a song with that theater kid energy for his blind (before John even got involved in the picture), I’d lean slightly more towards Joshua picking the song he did this week. Regardless of who picked Monday’s song, that’s the vibe Joshua needs to be his best self on the show since it was a good mix of dramatics and emotional connection. Showing off that giant range doesn’t hurt, either.

This! 

I would like to know who suggested Ben Platt's version (because it was a very successful move)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Interested in what he would take on in the "switch genres" week. (Top 10) Any ideas?

He’s done mostly modern pop so far, so I could see him doing something more classic rock that week (especially considering he’s earned multiple comparisons to Freddie Mercury so far this season).

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Interested in what he would take on in the "switch genres" week. (Top 10) Any ideas?

Probably a rock ballad along the lines of Without You. 

I will say that an argument could be made that apart from his audition (and maybe his KO?), all his performances have been out of his comfort zone.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Probably a rock ballad along the lines of Without You. 

I will say that an argument could be made that apart from his audition (and maybe his KO?), all his performances have been out of his comfort zone.

Watch us be wrong about the rock thing and he goes full gospel for top 10 week because joke’s on the audience, church music IS his comfort zone and not the pop he’s been presenting himself doing 😂

Also, Kelly covered “Welcome to the Black Parade” on her show and it got me thinking…could that work for Joshua? He can do uptempo and make it through (battle round is a prime example of that) so the second half of the song is covered, and it’s got the dramatic factor he seems to thrive on in the first half.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I keep thinking of Queen (TPTB please do something right once) or some 2000s alt rock (Keane maybe?)

By the way, I can see him sing Adele this Monday

Another possibility for this Monday: You Are the Reason

Edited by pauwis

I can’t wait to see his next performance I hope it’s as good or even better I hope he choices his song choice he seems to know what songs suite him we all need to vote like we did last week or maybe even more we can’t let him leave this early