Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

Just now, Teraginn said:

Has that been a reliable metric in the past seasons? Has there been cases where the highest FB views didn't translate to a PV in the POs? I've been burned so many times by this show, so forgive me for being skeptical. 😛

Most of time, yeah. Reacts are more important than views though, and Joshua is still leading for his team, by a good margin I must say.

There is always a chance for me being wrong but this is how I see it. I think he'll advance tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Most of time, yeah. Reacts are more important than views though, and Joshua is still leading for his team, by a good margin I must say.

There is always a chance for me being wrong but this is how I see it. I think he'll advance tonight.

Yeah, this just probably me lowering my expectations.

Still, for an artist as polarizing as he is, Joshua has exceeded my expectations in terms of audience reception. He just has that vocal minority of haters who thinks "Broadway" is an insult. 

4 hours ago, Teraginn said:

BTW, did Kelly say anything about Joshua after his performance? I noticed she stood for him during his performance. I didn't watch live.

I dont think she did. She stood up though.

I think it was Ariana being mad at John for blocking her and John saying that it was one of the best decisions he's ever made.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Add me. Ps. Is he one of mjs favs this year. I think his style is typical to a favor of his. Then again, Joshua doesn’t have a beard, which may be a dealbreaker for him. 

MJ’s backing Joshua over both of the bearded guys on Team Legend, so I think that says a lot about how much Joshua gels with his stylistic preferences in terms of vocals.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I dont think she did. She stood up though.

I think it was Ariana being mad at John for blocking her and John saying that it was one of the best decisions he's ever made.

OK, dang I wish Kelly could have talked Joshua up, she's really good at in-the-moment praise that can convince the demo to vote for artists.

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Joshua: "This time I'm not leaving without...

(Turns head)

you"

(Audience goes nuts)

I love that moment lol

Although I kinda hate that live audiences are back, the way Joshua played with them was just so fun and natural for him. I really hope he gets another chance to do that in the next weeks. 🙏

4 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Add me. Ps. Is he one of mjs favs this year. I think his style is typical to a favor of his. Then again, Joshua doesn’t have a beard, which may be a dealbreaker for him. 

Yeah, Joshua definitely broke my string of only bearded snowflakes since S17, but he's just so undeniably my type of artist: quirky, personable and has tone for days.

Y'ALL I'M STILL BUZZING!!! Thanks to all who voted, especially Joshua's hometown of Lockport, NY!

So happy for Joshua, especially since a lot of people have written him off as being a playoffs eliminee.

Not gonna lie, the competition is now tighter that it has ever been, but I just have to cling to the fact that Joshua got a PV in spite of his very polarizing style. That HAS to mean something positive for him and his run. 

John/TPTB, please DO NOT F*** UP his song choice for next week! You found his niche/comfort zone, now just let Joshua stay there.

• Like 1

I’m not gonna pretend he was ever my first choice for moving on from Team Legend but screw it, he’s fun to watch and he knows how to work a crowd, so I’ll back him as long as he’s on the show.

(also someone pointed out that with his glasses he looks like a younger version of one of the OG ghostbusters and I can’t unsee it)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I’m not gonna pretend he was ever my first choice for moving on from Team Legend but screw it, he’s fun to watch and he knows how to work a crowd, so I’ll back him as long as he’s on the show.

(also someone pointed out that with his glasses he looks like a younger version of one of the OG ghostbusters and I can’t unsee it)

Yay! Glad to hear it! Hope he makes it worth your while even more in the next rounds.