Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

32 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

this is  what we needed wow go Joshua

OH MY GODDDDD!

First off.... PROPS for doing the Ben Platt version, that definitely fits Joshua's style more!

Second.... can the YT interns fix the damn audio issues in the YT upload??? The Facebook upload was clear as day while this keeps stuttering! 

Here's the FB video if you want to listen to Joshua slay uninterrupted:
https://www.facebook.com/NBCTheVoice/videos/209408917936129

Yes you heard me, Joshua truly slayed this performance! While the audience and bandzilla didn't do him any favors, he definitely rose above it and managed to give one of the better performances tonight, let alone Team Legend. I love how he interacted with the camera and audience here so much, and y'all can call him theatrical or Broadway all you want, I think that it's Joshua's strength, and I can only hope America is ready to have more of that on their screens! Vote people! ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

i loved the beginning the only thing they could of done better is put the beginning in acapella that would of been magical

I was so sold in the beginning with him in the stool, he looked so at home on that stage! If I had any issues, it would be that the mics be turned up higher.

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Not a song i would have picked for him but he was one of the better ones of the night for sure. He deserves a PV.

It was definitely a surprise, but Ben Platt is a very good comparison to Joshua's style so I get where it came from.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pauwis said:

was incredible! his song selection? Taste

Of course he deserves to advance, I bet he gets the PV. I'm so proud

his voice, range, stage presence, always perfect❤❤

It kills me how polarizing his style is, because he's serving some mad vocals up there tonight.

Hoping for a miracle tomorrow!

• Like 1

As someone whose main horse is direct competition for Joshua…yeah, that deserves the PV over what my favorite on the team did tonight.

(I think this is also the first time since I’ve been on IDF MJ and I have disagreed on a snowflake, which is a strange feeling and idk if I like it 🥴)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

As someone whose main horse is direct competition for Joshua…yeah, that deserves the PV over what my favorite on the team did tonight.

(I think this is also the first time since I’ve been on IDF MJ and I have disagreed on a snowflake, which is a strange feeling and idk if I like it 🥴)

OMG right??? We're usually so in sync. I can't help it though, Joshua is just making the inner theater kid in me so happy.

I'm glad you think he deserves a PV, now if only America agrees with you. Good luck to our faves tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

OMG right??? We're usually so in sync. I can't help it though, Joshua is just making the inner theater kid in me so happy.

I'm glad you think he deserves a PV, now if only America agrees with you. Good luck to our faves tomorrow!

I don’t normally get too into the theatrical types (even as a theater nerd), but I’m used to the theatrical types being women on this show, so seeing a guy who can bring that energy to the show is a nice change of pace; I just also happened to luck out an get multiple indie-alt-ish guys this season who I adore.

Fingers crossed both of our favorites make it through, both are capable singers and I’d hate to see either of them go home (who am I kidding John’s entire team is gonna make me cry when any of them get eliminated oops)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pauwis said:

and what if he now give us a full version of Ben's original material?💞

My selfish ass would love it, but my gut tells me Ben Platt is too niche to actually court votes with this demo.

He'd have a better chance of getting votes if he sang anything for DEH. And again, that's not gonna be a savvy choice for votes either.

I think in the event that he does make it to the Top 13 (FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED), he should just do what he's been doing in the show so far: sing pop songs with a Broadway flair to it. There are plenty of pop songs out there that lend themselves to a more theatrical take. You and I is a great example of that. He should do Believe next, TBH. Just don't follow the Adam Lambert version too closely, that will invite too many unwelcome comparisons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

He should do Believe next, TBH. Just don't follow the Adam Lambert version too closely, that will invite too many unwelcome comparisons.

Speaking of Adam, I’ve been this close to suggesting “Whataya Want From Me” for Joshua, but considering that the song tends to end up in yelling territory if people aren’t careful…probably not.

(not that I doubt his ability to pull it off, but it’s tricky vocally and he’s already polarizing enough so let’s not accidentally make it worse)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Speaking of Adam, I’ve been this close to suggesting “Whataya Want From Me” for Joshua, but considering that the song tends to end up in yelling territory if people aren’t careful…probably not.

(not that I doubt his ability to pull it off, but it’s tricky vocally and he’s already polarizing enough so let’s not accidentally make it worse)

Unless he rearranges it drastically, it would highlight the things in Joshua's voice that alienates him from certain people.... but I'm NGL, I think he can do a killer version of it.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Highest amount of views and reacts from Team Legend on FB. I'm confident he'll move on.

Has that been a reliable metric in the past seasons? Has there been cases where the highest FB views didn't translate to a PV in the POs? I've been burned so many times by this show, so forgive me for being skeptical. 😛