Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

No but the way I went from “eh” on  Joshua this time last week to immediately digging through YT to find his studio to post here and let MJ know about it—

(seriously though he has the strongest song choice on his team, and one of the strongest of the night)

I can't wait!! ❤❤❤❤

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

@Teraginn

!!!

(idk if studios work in the Philippines but Joshua’s going full Ben Platt with You Will Be Found this week)

THE BEN PLATT PROMOTION I-

ff5c6a04b06a9b765369ad0d4a57e59e.gif

I honestly did not expect them to give this, but it's a great fit for Joshua's style, and I think this song has a worthwhile message that the show needs to highlight and push for in the live shows tomorrow. Now Joshua's recent IG story makes so much sense.

The sound mix and instrumentation in this recording though.... WTH?? I'm 100% sure this will sound better live tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

No but the way I went from “eh” on  Joshua this time last week to immediately digging through YT to find his studio to post here and let MJ know about it—

(seriously though he has the strongest song choice on his team, and one of the strongest of the night)

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611efbe6bf1fa75d1e5be

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

The sound mix and instrumentation in this recording though.... WTH?? I'm 100% sure this will sound better live tomorrow.

all the studio recordings sound like s*** for some reason. even for Voice standards.

6 hours ago, pauwis said:

by the way:

Man, Joshua and Ariana would have been such an awesome pairing.

Anyway, I hope Kelly brings out the drama tonight and showers Joshua with praise, that usually is a great way to attract votes with the demo.

Something that Joshua needs to keep in mind when performing his song tonight is to not follow Ben's specific inflections in this song too closely. Ben has a very distinctly low voice, and while it's great, I don't think a voice like that can project well enough over Bandzilla. I hope Joshua won't shy away from putting a little of his vocal power in the song. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

He actually needs to sing it from the heart it is one of my favourite songs because I can relate to the lyrics  he needs to just tack it slow maybe the beginning could be acapella putting the spotlight on him

Yeah I think Joshua needs to milk the quiet beginning of this song, because it's gonna get loud for most of it.

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

First theatric performance since his blind.

Its a great song for him. Not the most Minivan friendly, but hey, neither was Gaga.

True! I guess at the end of the day, it's all about the vocals, and there's no reason for us to believe he can't deliver again tonight.

I probably jinxed him now just by saying that, sorry in advance! T____T

18 minutes ago, pauwis said:

The incredible thing about this song is how you can build the message: it starts out soft and then gets bigger. I can totally see a stage like this: (obvious without so many backup singers)

by the way, I still couldn't see it 🥲

Ben ❤️ 

Oh, I'm sure we're gonna get some backup choir action for Joshua's number tonight. Just don't overdo it.

Have you seen Dalton Eduardo's post in the spoiler thread? He has all the songs in a Google Drive. Get a listen it while it's still up!

6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Ben ❤️ 

Oh, I'm sure we're gonna get some backup choir action for Joshua's number tonight. Just don't overdo it.

Have you seen Dalton Eduardo's post in the spoiler thread? He has all the songs in a Google Drive. Get a listen it while it's still up!

we love Ben!!

it doesn't work, at least for me! I'm trying to find another VPN wait!! i can now! 

Edited by pauwis

2 minutes ago, pauwis said:

it was true that the sound mix is horrible, but Joshua's voice is the entrance to heaven!! i love it

I can see it opening the night or closing.

I'm loving it more with each replay. 

I'll be happy with it being the first hour closer.

but most of all I just want the sound mixing on the live stage to actually enhance Joshua. When will this damn show learn? T___T

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I'm loving it more with each replay. 

I'll be happy with it being the first hour closer.

but most of all I just want the sound mixing on the live stage to actually enhance Joshua. When will this damn show learn? T___T

It won’t lmao, if the sound mixing was good I’d honestly wonder if I were watching the right show.

Jokes aside, Joshua’s vocals remain a highlight on the studio version in spite of the mix, and the message of the song should hopefully be enough to keep him out of danger tomorrow night 🤞

• Like 1