SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

US4 RESULTS PART NINE

02. Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Hometown Glory" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

6kjb38.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWQu_j3RFc

RANKINGS:

@*Diana - 1

@*Wallace - 1

@taylorkat - 2

@Alex95 - 3

@.Rei - 5

@Zoey - 6

@FrogLenzen - 7

@*Chris - 7

@JC - 23

@Elliott - 27

Avg. Score = 8.20

COMMENTS

Wallace

This Contemporary routine from Katee & Joshua is an amazing, iconic and super memorable routine that I absolutely love a ton! This dance always stood out as my favorite dance of Season 4 way back when it aired, and I am not about to change that now. This is such a moving and powerful routine. I love how much emotion that they pour into this dance. Right from the start with their slow walking back and forward, and the close up of their faces, I already get chills! :omg: I also love how they look at each other, their hands, and then all of their fast intense and flexible movements. Oooof omg, wow all of that dancing they do together is outstanding and gives me such serious chills. They dance so well together, but then they dance just as well separately too. I love how Joshua partners and just carries Katee all about in some of those parts where they are together. :omg:One of the most iconic parts is where Joshua assists Katee is in the assisted fast running part and then she kicks her feet up at the end! :omg: Then I love how Joshua leaps over her and then also love how Katee throws herself into Joshua on this loop catch move for him to catch her. :omg: And there are just soo many other iconic epic parts in this dance! This is one of those few dances that gives me chills right from the start until the very end. Such an iconic dance and will always be one of my all-time favorite dances on this show! :omg: I know this won't win, but I am hoping this can still rank really well into the Top 10 as it does deserve that.

Alex

The leap where she jumps head first between his arms? Iconique.

Rei

A standout of the season. One of my favorite Mia routines. One of my favorite Katee routines. One of my favorite contemporaries ever. Flawless.!!

Derek

iconic

Chris

I really struggled with ranking this routine but it was danced beautifully by Katee, and "Hometown Glory" is one of my all-time favourite Adele song. 

JC

I actually really loved this routine but it is still performed by a domestic violence criminal

01. Courtney Galiano & Mark Kanemura - "The Garden" (Jazz by Sonya Tayeh)

6kjbcv.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R3bLE1CiFs

RANKINGS:

Chris - 1

Alex - 1

JC - 1

Wallace - 2

Rei - 3

Diana - 5

Derek - 6

Gigi - 6

Elliott - 8

Zoey - 26

Avg. Score = 5.90

COMMENTS

Chris

This is the routine fo the season for me - the choreography, the partnership, the music... A+

Alex

Probably my favorite dance in the history of this show. There is so much personality in this dance and it appeals to my weird ass personality. This is a flawless routine and if it doesn't make the top 10 I will be melting down.

JC

Amaze fabulosity. Phenomenal.

Wally

Ooooh now "The Garden" is SUCH AN iconic, memorable and beloved dance from Courtney & Mark! This was like the start and introduction to Sonya's out of the box Jazz dances, and what a dance to start off with! :omg: I know she had another Jazz dance earlier in this season but this is the remembered one. I was kinda excited to see Sonya work with Mark as I felt he was the perfect dancer to execute and perform her routines the way it was supposed to be done. And with Courtney being a Jazz dancer, and my favorite as well, of course she would perform this well. And both Mark & Courtney absolutely kills this dance! I lovee Mark's characterization and just how he performs this dance. He is just so creepy in this (in the best way possible) and he really lives and breathes this dance. But also MISS COURTNEY in this dance. She lives and breathes this dance too. But she's also the hottest thing ever in this dance. She had that confident attitude down and oozes sex appeal, and is just so captaivating to watch. And of course Courtney & Mark both dance this routine fantastically. I love how they have moments where they shine separately and together here throughout the dance. Something I also really love about this dance is how hard they hit all of their moves to the sharp beats of the music! I love so many parts but I won't list them all as I know I go overboard. But I love that part wher Mark bites his finger and Courtney does those leg walk moves over. That was alll such a fun part. This is an amazing and iconic dance and I couldn't imagine any other dancers do this dance justice like Courtney and Mark did. If Derek dares tank this, then Imma want to have a word with him. 🙂 I can see this dance have a good shot at winning, and I really hope it can pull off that win.

Rei

Sonya’s masterpiece!!! Mark and Courtney’s best routine!!! One of the best moments from S4… I would be surprised if something else but this wins and it would be a very deserving winner.   (Update: It won)

Derek

Just because I don't think Courtney should be considered in the Top 20 contestants of all time doesn't mean I have to hate all of her routines. Sure, she's the third most iconic part of this routine after Sonya and Mark, but it's still very good. If a Courtney routine is winning, please god let it be this one.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US4) (Winner Revealed)

Hi everyone! :w00twave: Great S4 winner. ^_^

43 minutes ago, .Rei said:

please let me know who wants to join for AU1:

@*Amanda @*Wallace @FrogLenzen @sublymonal @Zoey @Elliott @*Diana @taylorkat @Alex95 @JC @*Chris @totes4totes @kritaaay

and whoever is not tagged here and still wants to play

You can sign me up for AU1! One of my fav seasons. :wub: I hope I will be able to keep up. :stealth:

• Like 4

Wow I'm just really glad that "Hometown Glory" made it to 2nd even with two rankings in the 20s. 😮 I honestly didn't think it had a chance to make it to the Top 2 (and was just hoping for Top 4 at best) but so glad it did as this really is an amazing routine. 

And yeah "The Garden" is such an amazing and iconic routine. Very deserving of winning here! Oooh but wait, I actually wasn't expecting Zoey's #26 ranking here? :wacko: I knew and was expecting JC & Elliott's low ranks of HG but Zoey's was a surprise here. But also good, I actually didn't have to worry about Derek with this dance so yay. :haha: 

LOVE both of these Top 2 routines so much so I would have been happy either way how the result went. 😄❤️ 

• Like 1

Yay for The Garden winning! :spaz: It was my #1 as well. :wub: 

Here’s what my ranking was:

1. Courtney & Mark - "The Garden" (Jazz)
  2. Chelsie & Gev - "These Arms of Mine" (Contemporary)
  3. Chelsie & Joshua - "A Los Amigos" (Argentine Tango)
  4. Courtney & Gev - "Wishing On a Star" (Rumba)
  5. Katee & Joshua - "No Air" (Lyrical Hip-Hop)
  6. Chelsie & Mark - "Bleeding Love" (Lyrical Hip-Hop)
  7. Katee & Will - "Imagine" (Pas de Deux)
  8. Courtney & Gev - "Lost" (Contemporary)
  9. Katee & Joshua - "Hometown Glory" (Contemporary)
  10. Top 16 Dancers - "The Dance" (Contemporary)
  11. Katee & Joshua - "Dhoom Taana" (Bollywood)
  12. Courtney & Gev - "Don't Stop the Music" (Cha-Cha)
  13. Katee & tWitch - "Mercy" (Contemporary)
  14. Comfort & tWitch - "Forever" (Hip-Hop)
  15. Katee & Joshua - "Slow Dancing In a Burning Room" (Lyrical Jazz)
  16. Jessica & Will - "Silence" (Contemporary)
  17. Katee & Joshua - "Baila, Baila" (Samba)
  18. Chelsie & Mark - "Fuego" (Salsa)
  19. Comfort & Mark - "Party People" (Hip-Hop)
  20. Gev - "Everybody Loves a Carnival" (Breakdance)
  21. Courtney & Gev - "Standing There" (Jazz)
  22. Chelsie & Mark - "Kiss Kiss" (Jazz)
  23. Courtney & Mark - "The Time of My Life" (Viennese Waltz)
  24. Chelsie & Gev - "The House Is Rockin'" (Jive)
  25. tWitch - "We Gonna Win" (Hip-Hop)
  26. Courtney & Gev - "Lights, Camera, Action!" (Hip-Hop)
  27. Kherington & tWitch - "A New Day Has Come" (Viennese Waltz)
  28. Kherington & tWitch - "Dreaming With a Broken Heart" (Contemporary)
  29. Courtney & Will - "Like You'll Never See Me Again" (Lyrical Hip-Hop)
  30. Kherington - "All We Are" (Contemporary)

• Like 1