Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a performance/contestant

A black (i think?) Or at least POC female country artist. The audition wasn't showy at all, but I remember her voice being very pretty. She was singing pure country I think, so no genre crossover or blending. I think she had short hair? I don't know, been a while.

Would look through the 27 pages but idf has been loading slow for me lately and dont wanna go through the trouble especially since you cant page select. and I'm not even sure if it was posted on this thread.

Maybe someone remembers the contestant?

Edited by Hsamid

36 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

A black (i think?) Or at least POC female country artist. The audition wasn't showy at all, but I remember her voice being very pretty. She was singing pure country I think, so no genre crossover or blending. I think she had short hair? I don't know, been a while.

Would look through the 27 pages but idf has been loading slow for me lately and dont wanna go through the trouble especially since you cant page select. and I'm not even sure if it was posted on this thread.

Spensha Baker comes to mind. Or was it someone from an earlier season?

59 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

ok i know the country connection is weak but her battle partner was country, but Cecily Hennigan from season 16 was a poc female contestant with short hair and a very pretty tone?

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 2:54 PM, Ottoxxx said:

Super underrated: Valarie vs Dia - Bust Your Windows

One of the best performances this season. I agree with John choosing Valarie, but Dia shouldn't have gone home.

On 11/17/2022 at 12:19 PM, Hsamid said:

My favourite "a song for you" cover on the voice. Ik Jesse Campbell killed it in his audition, but this one gets me in the feels.

Everyone saying Maelyn carried s16.. let's put some respect on Shawn's name. Not denying she was the best but Shawn is 2nd place for me in terms of live performances of the season. When he was on, one of the best rnb singers of the voice. Fullstop.

Love Maelyn and she may have been better overall. But I really do think this was the best performance of S16.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

ok i know the country connection is weak but her battle partner was country, but Cecily Hennigan from season 16 was a poc female contestant with short hair and a very pretty tone?

That's her!

And I mean, Jewel (the artist cecily covered) has country under her genres, so close enough lolll.

Also, 1 chair turn? The hell was everyone else on? Pay attention to Blake throughout the performance, he's staring at the other coaches at diselief.. has to be one of the best 1 chair turns ever no? ( not counting the last blinds of the season)

Edit: I just realized I've listened to her revently recently.. on maverick city! If you look her name up those are the first performances that pop up, not her voice journey.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, musiclover46789 said:

Yes.

20 minutes ago, musiclover46789 said:

It became terrible

I don’t know what you did for you to get blocked by her but there must've been a reason. If she ACTUALLY blocked you for no reason at all, then it was probably just an accident, and if that’s the case there’s no reason you should be so salty about it.

1 minute ago, Mistake006 said:

I don’t know what you did for you to get blocked by her but there must've been a reason. If she ACTUALLY blocked you for no reason at all, then it was probably just an accident, and if that’s the case there’s no reason you should be so salty about it.

I DMed her too much and she blocked me. I can't seperate the music with the 4 alums that have blocked me on IG (except for Lindsay). So yeah

14 minutes ago, musiclover46789 said:

I DMed her too much and she blocked me. I can't seperate the music with the 4 alums that have blocked me on IG (except for Lindsay). So yeah

Yikes. So this has happened before? :huh: You'd think you would've learned from the first 3 times.

If you are DMing an alum (or anyone for that matter) over and over again, and you get no response, take the hint. Just stop. They are likely very busy and they are NOT obligated to respond to all of your messages. If you keep doing that over and over again, they are obviously going to get annoyed, and that is a valid reason to block someone. Why hate on these people for that? It doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Yikes. So this has happened before? :huh: You'd think you would've learned from the first 3 times.

If you are DMing an alum (or anyone for that matter) over and over again, and you get no response, take the hint. Just stop. They are likely very busy and they are NOT obligated to respond to all of your messages. If you keep doing that over and over again, they are obviously going to get annoyed, and that is a valid reason to block someone. Why hate on these people for that? It doesn't make sense to me.

I quit DMing alums now and have learned since, on a positive note, a ton of alums follow me on Instagram

• Like 1