DEREK: 8

LILY: 8

MJ: 8

CHRIS: 9

REI: 9

SOLA: 9

JC: 10

ALEX

Woefully underutilized, Ronnie cracks me up every time she’s on screen.

DEREK

The residents of this town are all so interesting, and she's definitely one of the more self-aware and smart ones.

MJ

Out of all the background characters in Schitt's Creek, I think Ronnie is the most fully fleshed  one for me. There's just this.... real quality about her, if that makes sense? I love her dry wit, and how she takes no shit from anyone, especially the Roses. I especially like how she and Moira bounce off each other, which makes sense because they both are very frank people who aren't afraid to speak their minds. I also love her little rivalry with my sweet baby boy Patrick, something that I wish they showed more of. And while I do like her standoffish personality, I absolutely love the moment when she became emotional after Moira announced her departure from the Jazzagals. You can tell that she appreciated what the Roses brought to Schitt's Creek, and I think a majority of the viewers felt what she felt in that moment.

SOLA

Good side commentary, and supporting character for Moira.

JC

I feel like out of the top 10, she's the one that could easily be replaced. She has her funny moments, but definitely not on par with the rest of the top 10. Glad for an extra LGBTQ+ rep though!

9. TWYLA SANDS

giphy.gif

422d4e143902020108c8b9b40c80f1e66a619f7f.gifv

DEREK: 3

JC: 6

ALEX: 8

CHRIS: 8

DIANA: 8 

SOLA: 8

MJ: 9

LILY: 10

REI: 10

DEREK

I love Twyla so much. She evolved into a fascinating character and was such a great character for others to bounce off of and react to. So fun how she became Alexis's friend and confidant over time.

JC

Queen millionaire Twyla, love her and her offbeat personality! She's just too cute and always brings such a breath of fresh air ❤️ She is definitely interchangeable with Jocelyn, I had a hard time ranking them.

ALEX

A fun character who I do love, but doesn’t stand out as well amongst the cast.

SOLA

I am happy Twyla got to the Top 10, but I feel like her character was under utilized. Seeing her friendship with Alexis blossom at the end of the series was great.  The twist with her character the end was an interesting decision.

MJ

I think people might take issue with me ranking Twyla ahead of Ted, but while I do think she and Ted are similar in many ways (they're very trope-y goody-goody but unwordly characters), I have to rank her ahead of Ted just because I think her comedic timing is very underrated. I love her earnest deadpan line deliveries, and her non-sequiturs about her very colorful family history rivals Alexis's casual namedrops. Speaking of, I also absolutely love her friendship with Alexis, and how she's one of the few people in Schitt's Creek who takes Alexis seriously. I love their little conversations at the counter of Cafe Tropical, and how she acts as Alexis's conscience.

8. THEODORE "TED" MULLENS

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JC: 1

CHRIS: 4

LILY: 6

SOLA: 6

REI: 8

ALEX: 9

DEREK: 9

DIANA: 9

MJ: 10

JC

KING, repping for all the hot men in this top 10. RIP Mutt and Jake 💔 Ted is just the cutest, sweetest, and awkwardly sexiest. Love him through and through, sad he did not get much screen time in the final season. ROBBED.

SOLA

Great supporting character for Alexis’ story.  I did love the two of them together off and on throughout the series.

ALEX

I’m still devastated over him and Alexis’ ending, but I suppose it couldn’t be a total fairytale ending for all. I always liked Ted, but never loved him like most of the characters. Nothing against him though!

DEREK

He's funny but kind of exhausting.

MJ

I think it's not hard to argue that Ted is the weakest link out of this Top 10. While he's one half of one of the core relationships of this show, he's not that interesting of a character outside of that. I feel like he's just there mostly as a tool to develop Alexis's character. I also am not a fan of his constant undercutting of Alexis's intelligence, especially during her time at his clinic. I will admit that he can be very sweet at times, and I do like the resolution of his relationship with Alexis in Season 6.

7. JOCELYN SCHITT

5bf7d510448d203860218fbff5ff6983.gif

giphy.gif

DEREK: 4

JC: 5

CHRIS: 6

DIANA: 6 

ALEX: 7

LILY: 7

MJ: 7

REI: 7

SOLA: 10

DEREK

I like Jocelyn, she's fun. They sometimes couldn't decide whether she was reasonable or ridiculous. Kind of went back and forth but overall I liked scenes with her.

JC

She cray and why the heck did she marry Roland? Mismatch. Also, how did they produce Mutt, did he just get none of Roland's genes? Jocelyn def had an affair with a sexy mailman!

ALEX

While I made my feelings on Roland clear, I do not feel the same way about Jocelyn. She pretty much has all the positives about Roland and none of the negatives.

MJ

Very glad that Jocelyn is the last remaining Schitt standing in the Top 10, I think her character is the perfect foil for Moira Rose. I love how warm and generous she was to the Roses when they first arrived at their town, and while at first I thought she was just gonna be a background character in Season 1, she proved to be a pillar of the show. I find her relationship with her husband Roland very natural and adorable, despite what I feel about Roland. I love her relationship with David and Alexis, and the affection she has for them, despite their shortcomings. And despite David and Moira's opinions, I absolutely love her style, which reminds me a lot of my own mother.

SOLA

I do like her interactions with the Roses’ and how welcoming she was. I do think Roland’s growth was better then hers as a whole.  She’s my least favorite of this 10 though.

6. JOHNNY ROSE

img.gif

giphy.gif

DIANA: 2 

LILY: 3

MJ: 4

REI: 4

SOLA: 7

JC: 9

ALEX: 10

CHRIS: 10

DEREK: 10

MJ

I truly think that Johnny is the glue that keeps the Rose family together. I love his unwavering belief in his family, and how he keeps pushing for everyone to make the most of of their situation on Schitt's Creek. Her and Moira are honestly the best core relationship in this show, and I love how they better each other. I love his appreciation for his kids, and how proud he is whenever they achieved something for themselves. I love that he stepped in to the role of motel manager so naturally when Stevie needed it the most, and how he rejuvenated it into the Rosebud Motel we all know and love. Eugene Levy does not get enough credit for this role, he's the perfect comedic straight man, and the perfect anchor to the larger-than-life personalities that populate this show.

SOLA

Honestly the least interesting main character on the show. He does act as the backbone to the entire family and that was important for story progression.

JC

He's def the most boring of the Roses, but for respect purposes, glad he made the top 10.

ALEX

He plays his role perfectly as the straight man. But in a cast as lovable and goofy as Schitt’s Creek, I’m afraid he doesn’t stand out as a favorite character.

DEREK

I actively dislike this character. I don't need to see Eugene being awkward with everyone like all of his other roles lol. I never liked his plotlines, I never enjoyed much his interactions with anybody, or anything. They want him to be the straight man to his family and also to the townspeople but also they want him to be ridiculous at times too, eh I never got on board. Maybe on rewatch.

5. PATRICK BREWER

giphy.gif

4237e6c77b86cf049ae9f74d5a38d72f6a9171ac.gifv

SOLA: 1

JC: 2

MJ: 2

ALEX: 3

CHRIS: 5

DEREK: 6

REI: 6

LILY: 9

DIANA: 10

SOLA

Loved him ever since his introduction. His relationship with David is really everything that I could want from this show. The pair as so wholesome. He is a great singer, a loving boyfriend and he is there to curb all of David’s insecurities. Truly a needed character. He won’t win the rankdown but I hope he places high!

JC

He's just so cute and an amazing boyfriend/fiance. The type of guy you should always end up with, reminds me of my husband.

MJ

Dangit, how the hell was David so lucky to have someone like Patrick fall head over heels for him? He's literally perfect: handsome, unassuming, dependable, smart, quick-witted and has the patience of a martyr. I just started rewatching the series again and watching David and Patrick falling in love and growing in their relationship has always been the highlight for me. Even though we only met him in Season 3, he just blended so naturally within the Schitt's Creek community. I found it funny how similar the dynamics between David/Patrick and Moira/Johnny were, and I feel like that was perfectly showcased in The Barbecue, when Moira and David looked at Johnny and Patrick worked the grill. I also deeply related to his story arc regarding owning his sexuality, and his coming out episode Meet the Parents remains my favorite Schitt's Creek episode of all time. I love Noah Reid for creating such a perfect, loveable character and I can only wish that one day, I will also find my own Patrick. ❤️

ALEX

It’s tough for me to fall in love with characters who are introduced late into a show, but Patrick won me over immediately. I loved his storyline with his sexuality and of course his love story with David is just iconic.

DEREK

This bisexual man plays the straight man to David's character. Their love story was a bit rushed but I think I still bought it. He's fun.

19 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I actively dislike this character. I don't need to see Eugene being awkward with everyone like all of his other roles lol. I never liked his plotlines, I never enjoyed much his interactions with anybody, or anything. They want him to be the straight man to his family and also to the townspeople but also they want him to be ridiculous at times too, eh I never got on board. Maybe on rewatch.

@FrogLenzen WHO HURT YOU

• Like 1

4. DAVID ROSE

giphy2.gif

10cf9103c76020e24a6d7ccc9a9f880e203b95c8.gifv

CHRIS: 3

DIANA: 3 

REI: 3

SOLA: 3

LILY: 5

MJ: 5

ALEX: 6

DEREK: 7

JC: 8

SOLA

Love David, and his relationship with Patrick. I like that he set his own path early on in the series.  Making a general store and ultimately his decision at the end was appropriate for his overall character.

MJ

Much like his mother, David never really changed from his typical high-strung, Type-A, overly sophisticated ways across the six seasons we know him. He's judgemental, prone to overreaction, and doesn't know how to compromise, from start to finish. But I'd argue that David is the one who had the most profound transformation out of the Roses by the end of this show. He learned the value of hard work and perseverance, as evidenced by Rose Apothecary, as well as the importance of having friendships that ground you, as evidenced by Stevie. And of course, we can't emphasize enough how much his relationship with my boy Patrick has changed his personality. And while I do think this is a relationship that doesn't really feel realistic at all, it's still something I root for and celebrate having on my screen. I absolutely love Dan Levy's work on this character and how he managed to make such an exaggerated, acerbic personality so likeable.

ALEX

Though he did get on my nerves at times, this show would be nothing without David, nor the genius of Dan Levy.

DEREK

David is hilarious and the king of reactions but once he got paired with Patrick he became insufferable in an unenjoyable way. He went from hilariously whiny to just whiny. Of course the finale in front of the house is still the best ever and I love David but I'm bumping him down a bit.

JC

He is so ridiculous like the rest of his family and him and his sister are fabulous together, as well as him and Stevie. So many amazing exchanges. Literally the betchiest queen that ever lived, but is entertaining.

3. STEVIE BUDD

6V6M.gif

7QEJ.gif

MJ: 1

ALEX: 4

LILY: 4

DEREK: 5
DIANA: 5 

REI: 5

SOLA: 5

CHRIS: 7

JC: 7

MJ

There's just something about Stevie that I find extremely relatable. We're both very guarded individuals who rarely engages with people, but when we do, we become very fierce and loyal friends. Because of this, I find myself watching the show through the lens of Stevie. I love how quickly she and David become friends, and their banter has always been my favorite source of humor from this show. I think we all need a friend like Stevie: someone who isn't afraid to call you out on your schitt, but who will also go to bat for you. I'm so glad they nipped the bud on a romantic relationship between David and her in Season 1, that was one of the few missteps this show had, but I do appreciate how that deepened their friendship. Her conversation with David at the front of the house Patrick bought is second favorite Schitt's Creek moment, behind Patrick's coming out. I also related a lot to Stevie's ennui and general outlook on life, and I was so glad that they gave her some real character development with the Rosebud Motel and her turn as Sally on Moira's production of Cabaret. Moira's words to her backstage before Stevie's iconic performance of Maybe This Time is the perfect encapsulation of Stevie, and I commend Emily Hampshire for her work on this amazing character.

ALEX

A fan favorite for a reason. So delightfully snarky, but she also has a big heart. I love her storyline with the musical and I’m glad Stevie got her big moment in the show.

DEREK

Amazing character but tbh after the first couple seasons she fell off. When they started pairing her storylines more with Johnny instead of David she went downhill a bit. Didn't give her enough to do. But I enjoyed the musical and her ending was nice.

SOLA

Stevie was a compelling character, as she was seemingly at a dead end job was no aspirations to do well, nor care about anyone in her life.  The Rose family coming into her life helped change her for the better. She had several incredible moments throughout the series, but I just don’t have the same passion for her as the Top 4.

JC

Love her sarcasm and trolling behavior, it's phenomenal. Also love her friendship with David ❤️