DIANA: 1

NICO: 1 

ALEX: 2

MEGAN: 2

SOLA: 3

DEREK: 5

STEVEN: 8

NICO

Legendary sociopathic queen. She is Book 2 and you can’t change my mind about it. Ozai can go f*ck himself she’s the main villain of the show hands down. And the thing that makes her such a fascinating villain is not how prodigious she was as a fire bender, or her proficiency in martial arts, or how effective she was as a strategist; no, it was her ability to get underneath everyone’s skin and tap into their fears and insecurities. She’s the best villain of the show because no one was immune to her ability to read them like a book and find ways to exploit their weaknesses. She was, to be really clear, f*cking terrifying.

She also delivered monologues and one-liners like no one else on the show. These videos live rent free in my brain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG-nXL4QarU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZVKN8lQp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eo96uZG9Qo

She was truly the most formidable villain Team Avatar ever had to face, and her downfall arc towards the end was so well done, taking time to eliminate her support system (Mai and Ty Lee) and letting us understand how fragile her psyche actually was (also The Beach is one of the most intriguing late-game episodes in the show and it was pretty much bc of the Fire Nation crew). I know the show wants us to believe the big baddie was Ozai, but you can’t change my mind that Azula did more to unsettle and challenge the heroes of this story more than Ozai ever could.

ALEX

One of the most terrifying villains in the history of television. Azula was a political mastermind as a teenager. Long Feng seeming like the mastermind of Book 2 but Azula manipulating him the whole time and being like “Lol you weren’t even a player” is QUEEN SHIT. Azula is so fun and just so deliciously vicious. She can cut anyone down with her words, but also her impressive firebending skills. She is literally the perfect television villain. I do have a slight issue that Azula doesn’t get a redemption arc but Zuko does and I find it a bit sexist, but that final Agni Kai is epic television that I can let it slide. I do think Azula deserved better, she has just as tragic of a backstory as Zuko. But also I wouldn’t trade any episode or moment we got from her for the world because it’s epic and some of my favorite television ever.

MEGAN

What. A. Villain. Love Azula.

SOLA

I love a villain, everyone knows that.  Azula’s maniacal arc and story are very interesting.  She is never redeemed and is one of the true enemies of the show.

DEREK

Azula is a fun villain but tbh she wouldn't be as great if she wasn't juxtaposed against Zuko. Showing them coming from the same household and still ending up in vastly different places is great.

STEVEN

Although she's not one of my favorite characters, there's no denying what a superb villain Princess Azula was for the show. After her introduction, she's a powerful and cunning opponent for Team Avatar. No matter how hard they fight or how many times they evade capture, Azula often comes out on top. Azula is also quite fascinating. She's completely villainous and doesn't even try to hide it, but she falls apart when she loses her support system. After Mai and Ty Lee betray her, Azula becomes unhinged and is defeated by both Zuko and Katara in the final Agni Kai. However, I can't say I ever rooted for Azula or liked her better than the other characters, so that's why she ranked low for me out of this Top 10.

1. PRINCE ZUKO

giphy.gif

27e1d8faa722c996f05b8cba01c40ccc.gif

ALEX: 1
SOLA: 1 

MEGAN: 3

NICO: 3

STEVEN: 3

DEREK: 4

DIANA: 7

ALEX

The best redemption story arc in the history of television, quite likely in the history of movies, books, etc. I have problems with many redemption arcs. A lot of the time they feel unearned and I also don’t feel like the character atoned for their sins enough. This was not the case with Zuko. They gave him a tragic backstory, they had him do bad things, and then he redeemed himself while still holding him accountable for his behavior. And this is a kid’s show! Iconic!

SOLA

Best character on the show.  His arc is amazing.  He won’t win, a woman will like always, but I suppose that is in large part to most of the men in Avatar not being great.  That said, a Top 10 of avatar would be missing so much.  His relationship with Iroh and Katara, as well as his motivations and inner conflicts make him a fan favorite.

MEGAN

You are telling me. That Kata would choose a 12 year old over an angsty teenage boy with a hot scar????????? This is how you know that nobody in that showrunner room was at one point a teenage girl. #ZUTARA4LIFE

NICO

His arc is just legendary. Almost everything that happens on his journey throughout the show somehow informs his worldview, we see him struggle in so many ways (physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually) and stumble at times, but god it’s probably some of the most compelling TV I have ever watched. Like Sokka, Zuko starts like a largely unlikeable figure (I mean duh he’s meant to be the villain for the team), but even then you can see all the cracks and hurt in the character. This is a victim of abuse, plain and simple. Zuko had his mother took away from him in circumstances that he couldn’t understand, and got left with a father that despised, ridiculed and abused him at pretty much every chance he got. He was completely misguided, and you could see it right from the start (thanks to some fantastic counterpoint work from Iroh, who should get a lot of credit for allowing us to see glimpses of who Zuko could be, even when Zuko couldn’t see it at all).

STEVEN

I did not like Prince Zuko throughout Book 1. He was the spoiled, rude, and bratty prince. However, I warmed up to Zuko throughout Book 2. He was finally questioning his beliefs after losing everything. The "Zuko Alone" episode is one of my favorites. It was really looking like Zuko was going to officially switch sides by the end of Book 2, so I was very disappointed when he went back to being bad and turned against Uncle Iroh. However, even though I initially wished it happened sooner, it actually made sense that Zuko's redemption happened later. Zuko needed to finally return to the Fire Nation and get his father's approval to realize it's not what he wanted and his father was never going to be the father figure he hoped for. He already had that with Uncle Iroh. Zuko and Iroh's relationship is one of the best parts of the series. Zuko finally saw the light and went on the right path. I often don't care for redemption arcs for villains as they can feel forced, but I've never seen a redemption arc done better that Zuko's. His character growth and redemption arc was done perfectly, and Zuko ended up becoming one of my favorite characters by the end of the series.

DEREK

Complex, has a great arc, you hate him then you love him, I love Zuko. Katara x Zuko OTP

On 8/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, Steven_ said:

The next round is Schitt's Creek. Sign up if you're interested. 

SCHITT'S CREEK

1. Chris 

2. Rei 

3. Derek 

4. Diana 

5. Sola 

6. Alex

Last call for Schitt's Creek. This round will start tomorrow. 

I'm glad Avatar was requested. It's such a great show. :yes: :wub:

Looking ahead at the upcoming rounds, the only show left I'm a big fan of is Friends. 😅 I did watch Nashville, Buffy, and Fresh Prince too though, so I might play those rounds as well.

tumblr_l5c1d3sb3q1qaggjuo1_500.gif&ehk=5jTOyilkC%2BCubHP1o%2BTeZ2Mi5cGZ2WhfpKhuwclMub8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Michael Scott – The Office

R.449eb64d1f56538cddddd32d9ff54d19?rik=G8ks7C3cqBsLjQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Selina Meyer – Veep

R.5d6503b96d84afd5c8a0fb5cf190fdca?rik=6fRaE9WBIoA0dw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Robin Scherbatsky – How I Met Your Mother

R.863f74d9d072f4d5a9d3133f0ccc09d2?rik=ZVGaK0RIPMLDXg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Juliet Burke – Lost

R.337927febe6cc41ba7d15e1e6ab61db9?rik=Mz0npyiugrgNPg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Alison Hendrix – Orphan Black

tenor.gif?itemid=5408150

Santana Lopez – Glee

R.348c7fb53a1272d5f2f4fd1c3b1f9a86?rik=TRZzGdfjhSlbHA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0