TIP Exclusive: American Idol Season 20 Renewal

Idol Maniac

http://www.theidolpad.com/2021/04/tip-exclusive-american-idol-season-20.html

We are pleased to announce that, despite the ratings being at an all-time low, ABC is renewing American Idol for its landmark twentieth season.

Of course, it will also be American Idol's fifth season on ABC, which is a smaller but still significant milestone in itself, as there were many who doubted that the revival would last more than a few seasons.

However, for the first time during the ABC era, top network executives and producers are seriously considering changes to the judging panel, especially with global superstar Ariana Grande recently being announced as a coach for its rival, The Voice, on NBC.

Additionally, for those wondering, it is still unknown whether or not withdrawn AI19 semi-finalist Wyatt Pike would be allowed to return next season (if he even wanted to).

American Idol Season 20 will premiere during the first quarter of 2022, with its finale mere weeks before the 20-year anniversary of the inaugural season's premiere in June 2002.

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Thanks 1

Clue #1: Counts to the number four

Clue #2: Album is called “changes”

My guess is that they’re either adding a fourth judge alongside Katy/Luke/Lionel, or they’re replacing all of them while also going with a 4-judge panel.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

My guess is that they’re either adding a fourth judge alongside Katy/Luke/Lionel, or they’re replacing all of them while also going with a 4-judge panel.

Or the third option is that B*bby will become a fourth judge alongside this panel.

in which case:

family guy vomit GIF

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Clue #1: Counts to the number four

Clue #2: Album is called “changes”

This definitely makes a lot of sense because if I remember correctly, the judges contracts expire every 2 seasons and this is the end of the 2nd 2 Season Cycle, so they might leave and a new 4 person panel could happen? 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

This is probably a stretch. The first clue is four points and the fourth point is the end of the map, does that mean this is the last season 😭

End of the road?  Is this a stretch?  Idol hit an all time ratings low this season.  Idol pad hinted that the Mon Apr 19 episode will be last Mon show.

Edited by mytake1

3 minutes ago, idolfan1234 said:

I think the Top 5 of Mexican Idol and Canadian Idol from last season are going to be part of a Comeback Special on Monday May 3rd.  The top vote getter will make it a Top 12 and merge with the current contestants.

Wasn’t the last season of Canadian Idol in 2008 though? :lmao:

Edited by Bk1234

Just now, m1key said:

Justin Beiber is from Canada as well

I’m certain that it’s a reference to the title of that Bieber album, Changes. Otherwise, Andy would’ve just used any photo of Bieber or even his most recent album. :haha: 

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Wasn’t the last season of Canadian Idol in 2008 though? 😂

Yep, it premiered a few days after S7 finished. It was surprisingly well liked at IDF for a season that had a Top 10 with just 2 girls, one of whom left in ninth. :giggle:

• Thanks 1

The thing is, I feel like an Idol Spoiler account wouldnt have spoilers about a SPECIFC  judge joining the panel before major media and news sites. Its one of those things that I feel like is too confidential to be out there because it involved actual celebrities, not just Idol Contestants. Maybe Idol Maniac knows that there will be new judges or if there is a panel switch up occuring, but I dont see us getting the actual name of a new judge.