TIP Exclusive: American Idol Season 20 Renewal

Idol Maniac

2 hours ago, 21stCenturyBoy said:

If they are in the market for new / replacement judges, I’d love to see one of:

Charlie Puth - Given he was already in the mix for Lionel’s spot in (reboot) season one, he’d be an easy get. 

Shania Twain - She just seems fun and I loved her on The Voice.

Nile Rodgers - He’s worked with everyone, seems pretty chill but, when he subbed for Robbie Williams on X Factor, wasn’t afraid to give criticism.

Lizzo - I think she’d be incredible. She’s got a fantastic voice and sense of artistry and her career is massively on the ascendancy. She spans genres and I think would bring a really cool new dynamic to the show.

In fact, I’d be pretty happy if the above four were the panel. Nice mix of genres and personality types.

That is the best variety I have seen as of yet. You got your pop artist (Charlie Puth), rock artist (Nile Rodgers), country artist (Shania Twain), and pop/R&B/rap artist (Lizzo). There is a good possibility though like someone had said before that they might just keep Katy, Lionel, and Luke and not add in a fourth judge at all.

I decided to just for the fun of it use a website that randomly picks name out of a hat sort of. I complied all the names of celebrities that people said on here, put some American Idol alumni on the list, the original three American Idol judges, and a few other names that weren’t mentioned on here. The four names that were picked as judges were Adam Lambert, Adele, Ed Sheeran, and Kellie Pickler.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

"We need *such and such big name here* and *inset big name there*!"

Literally nobody cares about the judges on these shows unless you live in middle America and love Blake Shelton or any other stupid country artist. :haha: Whomever it's gonna be, they will be overpaid to sit there and do EXACTLY the same shtick as all these other ~big~ ~celebrities~. Nobody's gonna be brutally honest or whatever because they all have their own personal brand/image to care about.

I believe it was Pink who said she would never be a judge on these competitions because she thinks women can't get away with giving honest critiques. Look at all the people on here who said JLo was jealous of all the female contestants ten years ago lmao...jealous for what reason, exactly?

Nicki Minaj is probably the only woman on the judging panel who wasn’t afraid to offer honest critiques... but it’s Nicki Minaj.

Honestly would love to Randy-Paula-Adam Lambert judging Idol. Paula was a pure joy. If they keep anyone from the current panel I would say Katy Perry but ditch the other two. Lionel bores the hell out of me as he loves everything. Lionel is more a mentor then a judge. Luke to me is just eh..I want real criticism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

Honestly would love to Randy-Paula-Adam Lambert judging Idol. Paula was a pure joy. If they keep anyone from the current panel I would say Katy Perry but ditch the other two. Lionel bores the hell out of me as he loves everything. Lionel is more a mentor then a judge. Luke to me is just eh..I want real criticism. 

Yea Luke is the worst. Like what does he contribute. (Other than the apparent eye candy) 🧐

On 4/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, JONNYSBRO said:

I always have loved Paula Abdul and she was great being a guest judge this season. I also would be happy if Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, Adam Lambert, and Katy Perry were the four American Idol judges next season.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

It was announced that all the current 3  judges and Ryan will be back.  This was always expected.  All the speculation was much ado about nothing.

They really need to switch up the panel, but whatever. 🥱