Jump to content

TIP Exclusive: American Idol Season 20 Renewal


Idol Maniac
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

As talented as Justin Bieber is, I can’t realistically see him being a judge for the show. He doesn’t have much experience as a musician. He’s a big international pop sensation, but that’s about it. If this is to get back at The Voice for getting Ariana Grande as a coach for their next season, it will go completely haywire. At least with Ariana, while she is one year older than him (she’ll be 28 in June), she’s not only known for being an international super star. She has experience doing theater, being an actress, being successful with Christmas music, etc. Also, if they are keeping the original three judges and are just adding one more, the next choice should be a female singer to balance out the judge’s table. With Demi Lovato’s relatively new album Dancing With The Devil... The Art Of Starting Over coming out and being reported as the biggest female pop album debut of the year and already having experience judging a singing competition, in my opinion, she would make a better alternative to have on American Idol.

Nobody wants that attention-seeker Demi Lovato on panel. She’d get offended about something and want to cancel the show. She has such a downbeat vibe. 

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw someone say Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish. Billie Eilish I feel is too young, but Taylor Swift has so much to offer as a singer and songwriter. I saw someone on Twitter recommend Selena Gomez. I can see her be a good judge too. If they did a male artist, I would go for Adam Lambert, Charlie Puth, or Ed Sheeran.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

I saw someone say Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish. Billie Eilish I feel is too young, but Taylor Swift has so much to offer as a singer and songwriter. I saw someone on Twitter recommend Selena Gomez. I can see her be a good judge too. If they did a male artist, I would go for Adam Lambert, Charlie Puth, or Ed Sheeran.

I think Charlie Puth is a good guess. He’s wrote with Katy before. Katy is also somewhat friends with Selena I believe... Selena might be a bit expensive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

I saw someone say Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish. Billie Eilish I feel is too young, but Taylor Swift has so much to offer as a singer and songwriter. I saw someone on Twitter recommend Selena Gomez. I can see her be a good judge too. If they did a male artist, I would go for Adam Lambert, Charlie Puth, or Ed Sheeran.


Selena? No.

 

Selena was a Battle advisor on the Voice and in the history of the show, I’d rank her in the very bottom tier of advisors. She was useless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If IDOL is planning to sign a new judge to compete against the new TV coach Ariana Grande, the big ones come to my mind right away are Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Drake, Adele, Justin Bieber,  Post Malone. But either of them is  definitely expensive and the new season will probably the shortest one in IDOL's history due to no budget. I'd rather have some paid less but acclaimed artists as the new judges. Just tired of the same old panel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, iloveadam said:

If IDOL is planning to sign a new judge to compete against the new TV coach Ariana Grande, the big ones come to my mind right away are Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Drake, Adele, Justin Bieber,  Post Malone. But either of them is  definitely expensive and the new season will probably the shortest one in IDOL's history due to no budget. I'd rather have some paid less but acclaimed artists as the new judges. Just tired of the same old panel.

Well if they are doing American Idol Season 20 with four completely different judges, I would pick any of the ones that you mentioned. If not, first choice for female would be Adele. For male, first choice would be Post Malone because he can do everything (pop, rock, rap, country, etc).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iloveadam said:

If IDOL is planning to sign a new judge to compete against the new TV coach Ariana Grande, the big ones come to my mind right away are Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Drake, Adele, Justin Bieber,  Post Malone. But either of them is  definitely expensive and the new season will probably the shortest one in IDOL's history due to no budget. I'd rather have some paid less but acclaimed artists as the new judges. Just tired of the same old panel.

 

The Voice only got Ariana Grande because there is no touring due to the pandemic.  But that will change at some point, and the people above will make more money touring than on Idol.  Idol 2021 would not even be to get them for a guest performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We need *such and such big name here* and *inset big name there*!"

 

Literally nobody cares about the judges on these shows unless you live in middle America and love Blake Shelton or any other stupid country artist. :haha: Whomever it's gonna be, they will be overpaid to sit there and do EXACTLY the same shtick as all these other ~big~ ~celebrities~. Nobody's gonna be brutally honest or whatever because they all have their own personal brand/image to care about.

 

I believe it was Pink who said she would never be a judge on these competitions because she thinks women can't get away with giving honest critiques. Look at all the people on here who said JLo was jealous of all the female contestants ten years ago lmao...jealous for what reason, exactly?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AngelaKD said:


Selena? No.

 

Selena was a Battle advisor on the Voice and in the history of the show, I’d rank her in the very bottom tier of advisors. She was useless.

Selena is introverted and quiet. Similar to Britney actually. I don't think she would be good. Maybe when she's older.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

"We need *such and such big name here* and *inset big name there*!"

 

Literally nobody cares about the judges on these shows unless you live in middle America and love Blake Shelton or any other stupid country artist. :haha: Whomever it's gonna be, they will be overpaid to sit there and do EXACTLY the same shtick as all these other ~big~ ~celebrities~. Nobody's gonna be brutally honest or whatever because they all have their own personal brand/image to care about.

 

I believe it was Pink who said she would never be a judge on these competitions because she thinks women can't get away with giving honest critiques. Look at all the people on here who said JLo was jealous of all the female contestants ten years ago lmao...jealous for what reason, exactly?

Skip to 3:26

She's harsh af sometimes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

"We need *such and such big name here* and *inset big name there*!"

 

Literally nobody cares about the judges on these shows unless you live in middle America and love Blake Shelton or any other stupid country artist. :haha: Whomever it's gonna be, they will be overpaid to sit there and do EXACTLY the same shtick as all these other ~big~ ~celebrities~. Nobody's gonna be brutally honest or whatever because they all have their own personal brand/image to care about.

 

I believe it was Pink who said she would never be a judge on these competitions because she thinks women can't get away with giving honest critiques. Look at all the people on here who said JLo was jealous of all the female contestants ten years ago lmao...jealous for what reason, exactly?

Sharon Osbourne? Lord knows she needs the gig right now. :dead: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

"We need *such and such big name here* and *inset big name there*!"

 

Literally nobody cares about the judges on these shows unless you live in middle America and love Blake Shelton or any other stupid country artist. :haha: Whomever it's gonna be, they will be overpaid to sit there and do EXACTLY the same shtick as all these other ~big~ ~celebrities~. Nobody's gonna be brutally honest or whatever because they all have their own personal brand/image to care about.

 

I believe it was Pink who said she would never be a judge on these competitions because she thinks women can't get away with giving honest critiques. Look at all the people on here who said JLo was jealous of all the female contestants ten years ago lmao...jealous for what reason, exactly?

In regards to the Wyatt Pike clue, there was a rumor going around that he got in a physical fight with Luke Bryan and Wyatt Pike allegedly punched Luke Bryan in the face. The rumor was that was why Wyatt Pike stopped doing the show and that was why Luke Bryan stayed home (when really it was COVID). That rumor has been disputed by Luke Bryan’s wife though. It just comes to show though that people will do anything to start crazy rumors like that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

As talented as Justin Bieber is, I can’t realistically see him being a judge for the show. He doesn’t have much experience as a musician. He’s a big international pop sensation, but that’s about it. If this is to get back at The Voice for getting Ariana Grande as a coach for their next season, it will go completely haywire. At least with Ariana, while she is one year older than him (she’ll be 28 in June), she’s not only known for being an international super star. She has experience doing theater, being an actress, being successful with Christmas music, etc. Also, if they are keeping the original three judges and are just adding one more, the next choice should be a female singer to balance out the judge’s table. With Demi Lovato’s relatively new album Dancing With The Devil... The Art Of Starting Over coming out and being reported as the biggest female pop album debut of the year and already having experience judging a singing competition, in my opinion, she would make a better alternative to have on American Idol.

When I think about what female judges the show could get that would actually offer useful and constructive feedback as well as rival Ariana Grande in star power, Lady Gaga and Demi Lovato come to mind. Demi has proven to be a great singing show judge and does not hold back. The only problem is she just released an album and will probably want to spend the time on tour. Lady Gaga would be an even better choice. Shes one of the biggest superstars in the world and also has experience in many areas of entertainment. She has also been a guest mentor in the past, I can definitely see her giving great advice. A lot of people mentioned Adele. While I think she's a great singer, I dont think its the right time in her career to judge a singing show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, IdolFan117 said:

When I think about what female judges the show could get that would actually offer useful and constructive feedback as well as rival Ariana Grande in star power, Lady Gaga and Demi Lovato come to mind. Demi has proven to be a great singing show judge and does not hold back. The only problem is she just released an album and will probably want to spend the time on tour. Lady Gaga would be an even better choice. Shes one of the biggest superstars in the world and also has experience in many areas of entertainment. She has also been a guest mentor in the past, I can definitely see her giving great advice. A lot of people mentioned Adele. While I think she's a great singer, I dont think its the right time in her career to judge a singing show.

I was thinking Lady Gaga. I could do see her be a judge on American Idol. I don’t know how soon Demi Lovato will be able to go tour with the pandemic. So being a judge on American Idol could be good for Demi Lovato to do in the meantime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they are in the market for new / replacement judges, I’d love to see one of:

 

Charlie Puth - Given he was already in the mix for Lionel’s spot in (reboot) season one, he’d be an easy get. 
 

Shania Twain - She just seems fun and I loved her on The Voice.

 

Nile Rodgers - He’s worked with everyone, seems pretty chill but, when he subbed for Robbie Williams on X Factor, wasn’t afraid to give criticism.

 

Lizzo - I think she’d be incredible. She’s got a fantastic voice and sense of artistry and her career is massively on the ascendancy. She spans genres and I think would bring a really cool new dynamic to the show.

 

In fact, I’d be pretty happy if the above four were the panel. Nice mix of genres and personality types.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...