The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Previous seasons have allowed battle eliminations to come back, but usually it goes to artists who made it to the KOs (I think only three of the sixteen comeback artists in Seasons 9/10/12/13 were battle eliminations).

Four of them were Battle eliminations, actually.  Chance Diaz, Celeste Betton, Justin Whisnant, and Natalie Stovall.

Ellie Lawrence, Nadjah Nicole, Nate Butler, Daniel Passino, Nick Hagelin, Johnny Hayes, Johnny Gates, Jack Cassidy, Felicia Temple, Whitney Fenimore, Karli Webster, and Lucas Holliday were all Knockout eliminations.

If Carson really messed up a George Strait song, and they air it, I don’t really see him recovering from that enough to overcome Wendy, or maybe even Peedy. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’m expecting Wendy’s live slayage to be so convincing that she isn’t going to have competition on her own team. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Four of them were Battle eliminations, actually.  Chance Diaz, Celeste Betton, Justin Whisnant, and Natalie Stovall.

Ellie Lawrence, Nadjah Nicole, Nate Butler, Daniel Passino, Nick Hagelin, Johnny Hayes, Johnny Gates, Jack Cassidy, Felicia Temple, Whitney Fenimore, Karli Webster, and Lucas Holliday were all Knockout eliminations.

How do you remember all of this? I forgot about most of those contestants a long time ago. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How do you remember all of this? I forgot about most of those contestants a long time ago. 

You have no idea how much i envy you. I wish i could forget most of them :giggle: 

(Ellie and Karli are queens, though:wub:,)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If Carson really messed up a George Strait song, and they air it, I don’t really see him recovering from that enough to overcome Wendy, or maybe even Peedy. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’m expecting Wendy’s live slayage to be so convincing that she isn’t going to have competition on her own team. 

If they air Carson, Minivan is likely gonna excuse him because of the fiddle. I expect him to excel in that area. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't remember every single song done on this show since I started watching in season six (though more fully and paying more attention in season eight), but my mind's an iron trap when it comes to the elimination decisions made across those seasons.😁

19 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Weird, Wikipedia said Chance was a KOs elimination but I didn’t watch live and I know Wikipedia isn’t a flawless source, so…

In any case, Carson is the only one I could see making a difference if he came back, with Vaughn a very distant second given Ari’s voting power remains unknown.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If they air Carson, Minivan is likely gonna excuse him because of the fiddle. I expect him to excel in that area. 

Here’s a name from the past I do remember….Corey Kent White. He was Blake’s country frontrunner for S8, until he messed up the lyrics on a George Strait song. Blake not only called him out on live TV, but gave him “When I See You Smile” by Bad English the following week, and that was the end of him. :giggle:

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Weird, Wikipedia said Chance was a KOs elimination but I didn’t watch live and I know Wikipedia isn’t a flawless source, so…

. . . Ninety-nine-percent iron trap.  I forgot that Chance was stolen by Blake after his Battle.  I got him confused with Chase Kerby.  (The "Cha" names threw me off.)  Silly me.

Though in my slight defense, as talented as most of that season's cast was, I try to forget most of it since a.) its winner was forced down our throat so much to the point it was obvious he'd win, and no drama or excitement was left, which was b.) something I could've forgiven only if he hadn't been with that man.

But anyway . . . yeah.  Three Battle eliminations, thirteen Knockout eliminations, after all.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s a name from the past I do remember….Corey Kent White. He was Blake’s country frontrunner for S8, until he messed up the lyrics on a George Strait song. Blake not only called him out on live TV, but gave him “When I See You Smile” by Bad English the following week, and that was the end of him. :giggle:

Really? Wow.

Now I'm thinking if Blake chose Taylor Swift over George Strait...there was a reason behind it lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Really? Wow.

Now I'm thinking if Blake chose Taylor Swift over George Strait...there was a reason behind it lol.

I mean…Blake was as pissed off as you’ll ever see him critiquing one of his own contestants in the lives, and honestly, I didn’t even notice the mistake 

Like I said when I found out Carson did George Strait, he likely did "Heartland". That's fiddle galore. 

Its a b***h of a song to sing, considering the big name that recorded it and adding to the fact that its fast and the key demands a low tone. Kenzie struggled with it last season, and he has a lower voice than Carson.

Add to the fact that Carson played the fiddle while singing, which is HARD. 

He probably would have fared better just with a guitar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Really? Wow.

Yeah, George Strait is sacred to Blake, for some reason.  Mess up just a tiny bit -- maybe a little stumble or wobble -- he won't normally be bothered too much.  But mess up very noticeably, and he'll be on you fast.

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Yeah, George Strait is sacred to Blake, for some reason.  Mess up just a tiny bit -- maybe a little stumble or wobble -- he won't normally be bothered too much.  But mess up very noticeably, and he'll be on you fast.

George Strait is basically untouchable in country music and generally considered one of the greats because he’s such a solid storyteller, which is a hallmark of classic country music (so it’s not just a Blake thing, as someone raised pretty heavily on country music - hell, even my partner’s family, who aren’t country fans, respect George for that reason).

F*** up on one of his songs to a noticeable degree and honestly Blake critiquing you on live TV might be the least of your worries. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

George Strait is basically untouchable in country music and generally considered one of the greats because he’s such a solid storyteller, which is a hallmark of classic country music (so it’s not just a Blake thing, as someone raised pretty heavily on country music - hell, even my partner’s family, who aren’t country fans, respect George for that reason).

F*** up on one of his songs to a noticeable degree and honestly Blake critiquing you on live TV might be the least of your worries. 

Yeah, they don’t call him “The King” for nothing. I would steer clear of his catalog. 

• Like 1

Just now, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I hate montages for the reason of them making contestants less memorable. I literally forgot Jim and Saha existed because we haven't seen a full performance from them in 5 weeks. I also barely see any people talking about them in a while. 

Interestingly enough, they were the first Team Ariana live Playoffs contestants shown.

Their blind aired on Sep 21, we literally haven't heard them sing a full performance for more than a month. Easily the longest gap out of anyone in the Top 20.

• Sad 4