American Idol (S19) vs The Voice (S20)

Dai

I think AI improved the sound mixing of their live shows a lot this season, which made the artists this season sound better than usual, especially in comparison to the Voice's live shows. The AI19 cast still doesn't hold a candle to The Voice though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Didn`t watch American Idol, but I`m well aware of all the controversies of this season. Jesus Christ lol.

For long time watchers, has any season before has been as messy as this one?

haven't watched all of the fox seasons of AI (watched seasons 11-15 only), but for the ABC era, I think this was probably the messiest LMAO, full of controversies/issues

• Thanks 1

Just now, sydneysam said:

haven't watched all of the fox seasons of AI (watched seasons 11-15 only), but for the ABC era, I think this was probably the messiest LMAO, full of controversies/issues

So many problematic contestants, oml. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

For long time watchers, has any season before has been as messy as this one?

No, but there have been disqualifications and “scandals” in the past (Corey Clark from Season 2 comes to mind.) 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

No, but there have been disqualifications and “scandals” in the past  (Corey Clark from Season 2 comes to mind.) 

Frenchie Davis too 👻 (this one's unfair though but that's for another topic), which became a Voice contestant afterwards

My favorites got robbed on both shows so.... 😕 AI had more interesting live shows and gave the contestants more of a chance to shine. The Voice's lives have always been a lot more boring to me and with them being so short now, it's hard to really get attached to anyone. On the other hand though, a lot of my favorites on Idol got screwed over by an unfair lack of pre-live show screen time (Anilee, Alanis, Alana, etc.), which wasn't an issue with The Voice. I also liked Idol's lives a bit more, since the judges actually gave criticism every now and then and there were tons of turns and twists. With that being said, The Voice's pre-live rounds will always be superior to Idol's in my eyes. The fact that The Voice shows at the very least a clip of every single pre-live performance (with the exception of a few of S7's battles for some reason) makes it so much better. I hate growing attached to people on Idol like Heather, Ash, Liv, Xavier, Benson, etc. only for them to randomly disappear and never be seen again. But at the end of the day, Casey should've won Idol and Dana should've won The Voice, but it is what it is. :wacko:

So AI actually somewhat grew on me this season. I think I initially said I only liked Cassandra and Casey but I grew to love Chayce, Hunter, Graham, and several others. Although it wasn't my ideal top 3, Grace and Willie seemed deserving of the finale and the right winner prevailed imo.

The talent on The Voice stayed consistently high with the exception of whatever the hell happened during semifinals... the wrong people went home then. Overall, the right person won so I don't think I can complain too much.

No surprise here, I'm still TV > AI, but I enjoyed AI a lot more this season than previous seasons. Messy contestants and all.