American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Still no huge complaints  with the results... I would have had “Touch Me In the Morning” in the top 10 just because it’s one of the ones I always loved from the season and I thought Tamyra sounded great. But I also had a feeling that that wasn’t one of the super-beloved performances for everyone, so I’m not too upset or surprised. 

Felt bad ranking “Don’t Play That Song” so low, but it was honestly the only performance from the top 20 that I didn’t remember without rewatching it, so I figured that had to count for something. 

Loving this Top 10, and very happy to see Christina get in it, too! Also, watching all the videos back has reminded me how much all of these girls were such early 2000s fashion goals to 13/14 year old Kaley. :haha:

Agreed with Nikki’s “Mary Jane” coming in at #15. 

N o issues with “Touch Me in the Morning” being Tamyra’s first performance to show up. I adore this but yeah, this was my least fave of hers in the Top 20. Still fantastic. ❤️ Gross at JC…. I bet he ranked all of Tamyra’s performances in his Bottom 6. :rolleyes:

Fine with Kelly’s “Don’t Play That Song” at #13, but I do wish another Kelly performance showed up as her first one instead.  

Omg I am crying how much me and Lily agree on these without even talking about it. :dead: We literally put Tamyra’s TMITM & IIWYW and Kelly’s DPTS all in the same spot. :lmao: 

Oooh soo not here for Kelly’s “Without You” ranking. :( I really loved that one, although the Results show version was better.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Christina Christian sneaking into the top 10 even though she was in the top 14 alone against all Tamyra and Kelly performances :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

Awww I'm really happy for Christina's ANS. ❤️ I wish I could have placed it higher than I did but I loved that one so am pleased it made the Top 10 amongst the Tamyra & Kelly performances. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Surprised “A Fool In Love” made the Top 10 tbh. :shock:

It's what it deserves. (!) 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

@Alex95 I’m gonna retroactively change my decision on page 12 and cut A House is Not a Home instead of Alexis Lopez.

Gross.

At @Elliott’s comment regarding #12:

britney spears no GIF
I love both versions but I bet Syesha’s version doesn’t make the finals.

Not if I have anything to do about it. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

@*Wallace can I report a mod?

:dead: 

Let me try and report @*Wallace. :dead:

Don't you dare. 😢 

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

Looks like we do. :yes:  

Lol yayy, loving it! :haha: 

We can give each other warnings. :dead: As for suspensions and bans I wouldn’t dare because @*Wallace has been a mod for longer than I could ever dream. :haha: He would just come back and have @miss denise unban him and then ban me as a result. :dead: They are the Bey and Jay of the mod world. :giggle:

:haha: 

Lol we had fun giving each other warnings way back in the day lol.

My sister warned me about you after your PM conversation. :dead: She was like “Gurl, he after Tamyra bad to get a Kelly win, I know it!” and I was like:

Britney Spears Crying GIF

We been knew. :ermm: 

30 minutes ago, *Chris said:

mariah carey 2019 bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Mariah. :wub: 

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

offensive to the Indigenous Cree of Canada.  I am going to need you to apologize! 

4x6l.gif

Lol I was just being shady. :haha: I don't mind her and do think Kree is clearly talented but she's never been one of my big favorites. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

4x6l.gif

Lol I was just being shady. :haha: I don't mind her and do think Kree is clearly talented but she's never been one of my big favorites. :haha: 

the Indigenous people don't find insulting the Cree nation funny! 😮 

In honor of this post I wish to acknowledge that we reside on Treaty 1 territory, Original Lands of Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and Homeland of the Métis Nation.

1 minute ago, ~Tom~ said:

To be fair, I didn’t care for that song even before I knew she was the primary singer. :giggle: 

To be fair, I didn’t care for that song even before I knew she was the primary singer. :giggle: 

Tell us how you really feel!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Solaris said:

the Indigenous people don't find insulting the Cree nation funny! 😮 

In honor of this post I wish to acknowledge that we reside on Treaty 1 territory, Original Lands of Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and Homeland of the Métis Nation.

I am so confused now. :blushingwave:

15 minutes ago, *Diana said:

If I Were Your Woman deserved better. 

(!) 

Just now, *Wallace said:

(!) 

Hi Wally, so the indigenous communities are a big part of Canada.  I can direct you to some reading so you can learn about them if you'd like.  Its an important part of our history, and equally important to respect the indigenous.  🙂 

8 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

There's an indigenous/aboriginal community in Canada known as Cree nation, notably in the Western part of Canada and more-so where Sola is from. 

He is simply making a reference how Kree's name is similar to the word Cree, and taking this opportunity to educate everyone on aboriginal/indigenous history of Canada. 

And as part of a ongoing reconcilliation in Canada, many people are acknowledging the land that we are residing on/present on for an event, work, education.

Where I am from, we are currently residing on the unseeded territory of the Wabanaki Confederancy, the Mi’kma’ki people, and the Wolastoqiyik Wahsipekuk people. 

And for example, in Massachusetts, you are currently residing on the unseeded territory/land of the Massa-adchu-es-et & the Pawtucket people. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

There's an indigenous/aboriginal community in Canada known as Cree nation, notably in the Western part of Canada and more-so where Sola is from. 

He is simply making a reference how Kree's name is similar to the word Cree, and taking this opportunity to educate everyone on aboriginal/indigenous history of Canada. 

And as part of a ongoing reconcilliation in Canada, many people are acknowledging the land that we are residing on/present on for an event, work, education.

Where I am from, we are currently residing on the unseeded territory of the Wabanaki Confederancy, the Mi’kma’ki people, and the Wolastoqiyik Wahsipekuk people. 

And for example, in Massachusetts, you are currently residing on the unseeded territory/land of the Massa-adchu-es-et & the Pawtucket people. 

This is well put, thank you for elaborating!  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Hi Wally, so the indigenous communities are a big part of Canada.  I can direct you to some reading so you can learn about them if you'd like.  Its an important part of our history, and equally important to respect the indigenous.  🙂 

19 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Oooh okay, thank you both for all of this informative info. :hug: I do know of the indigenous people in Canada but not specific communities. Ah yeah I wasn't aware of Cree nation, and certainly didn't connect it with Kree (nor was trying to offend at all). But I have a better understanding now. :hug: 

• Like 1

Mary Jane: I actually find this overrated. :ph34rwave: It's still a good performance, but I don't agree with it being her best. There were definitely a few tuning problems.

Touch Me in the Morning: Actually forgot about this. It was good, but this high? Oh well, not like Tamyra's hurting for spots in this top 20 lmao.

Don't Play That Song: Don't really care for this. I blame the song though because I don't care for Kree's version either.

If I Were Your Woman: One of her best, good spot for this. Elliott's right, though.

Without You: I'll be honest...I'm so sick of this song lmao. I can see why other people love it, but I personally didn't care too much for either of Kelly's top 3 diva ballads.

Just now, *Wallace said:

Oooh okay, thank you both for all of this informative info. :hug: I do know of the indigenous people in Canada but not specific communities. Ah yeah I wasn't aware of Cree nation, and certainly didn't connect it with Kree (nor was trying to offend at all). But I have a better understanding now. :hug: 

Our pleasure!

They represent the largest group of Indigenous in Canada. The most known member of the Cree nation would be Buffy Sainte-Marie whom became the first Indigenous to win an Oscar for a song written for  An Officer and a Gentleman. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

the offensive part was a joke, I was just trying to draw attention to the Cree and oji-cree people as the opportunity arose.  I know most individuals on this forum are from the United States, but there might be some that are interested in knowing more about the history that is north of your borders!