American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, Elliott said:

I remember that time I posted Tamyra, Vonzell, LaToya in the same 71-75 set in the first (?) ranking I did and thought you were going to suspend me for a minute. :giggle:

LMAO I remember this too. I WAS ABOUT TO RIOT. :dead: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Of Top 3 night that Tamyra wasn't apart of. :broken: 

I read an article once that talked about how Tamyra's shock elimination was one of the catalysts of Idol's success in the early years and lowkey always agreed that Tamyra's boot was exactly the kind of water cooler moment Idol needed to cross into the mainstream zeitgeist so in a way her not being in the Top 3 episode was good for Idol's longevity?

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I read an article once that talked about how Tamyra's shock elimination was one of the catalysts of Idol's success in the early years and lowkey always agreed that Tamyra's boot was exactly the kind of water cooler moment Idol needed to cross into the mainstream zeitgeist so in a way her not being in the Top 3 episode was good for Idol's longevity?

I guess this is all true, but i will forever be pressed. :dead: 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Oh wait, Christina's Instagram is public now instead of private like ti used to be.

BAPkqNE.jpg

Here's her on January 20, 2021! She and Paul Rudd went to the same school of aging.

Excuse my gay mouth, but holy f*ck. Congrats at winning at life, Christina.

A little sad “Ain’t No Sunshine” wasn’t able to push all the way into top 5. It was such a hypnotic and captivating performance. And I remember thinking she was so beautiful all through her season. I see that hasn’t changed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I agree.

And I think the "Respect" in the top 20 is the semifinal version, and I thought the finale was better.

stacy london yes GIF

Tamyra Gray set the standard for live performances and her performance is an important part of American Idol. :yes:

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

So Tamyra set the curve? Agreed. 🙂