American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, *Lily said:

Excited for my write-in ballot to put this in the Season 3 endgame!

I... literally have no recollection of this happening. Probably for the best

Also if nobody has seen Christina Christian lately, sis has NOT aged a day since season one. I want to know her secrets!

Just now, Elliott said:

Also if nobody has seen Christina Christian lately, sis has NOT aged a day since season one. I want to know her secrets!

Lmao I had such a faded memory of it. I googled it to see if there was any release but all I found was a forum thread including this comment

I like the "uh oh uh oh" which sounds like Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" but better!

A wild claim, but I love the enthusiasm :wub:

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Lmao I had such a faded memory of it. I googled it to see if there was any release but all I found was a forum thread including this comment

I like the "uh oh uh oh" which sounds like Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" but better!

A wild claim, but I love the enthusiasm :wub:

George Tropicana is @Alex95 :wub:

Gosh finally “I Surrender” shows up. I wish some other performances ranked higher than it but I do get how some do love that performance.

Fine with “You’re All I Need to Get By” placement here. Had this just outside of my Top 10 but pleased it made it in there, if “Without You” couldn’t.

Awww i kinda wish “A Fool In Love” ranked higher than 8th as I really loved and was obsessed with this performance. But #8 is still really great. :wub: PREACH @ Alex’s comments here. Elliott not  remembering so many Tamyra performances is getting me fired up. 🙂

Really love Christina’s “Ain’t No Sunshine” of course. ❤️ I’m glad it made the Top 10 but do think #7 is a little too high for it. But then again, I’m salty it outranked AFIL. :dead:

Tamyra’s AIATY is iconic so yayy for it cracking the Top 6 at #6, which is where i had it. :wub: And…. 🙂 @ JC ranking this at #20.  I actually expected him to do that with AHINAH so at least that’s not the case here.

Just now, Elliott said:

George Tropicana is @Alex95 :wub:

This is confirmation I too found the forum Lily referred to, and noticed that they linked an MP3 that is no longer active, and the Internet Archive does not host it either so it is officially lost to history.

Just like the handful of songs that Ryan Starr put her iconic MySpace page back in the day. :broken:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Elliott not  remembering so many Tamyra performances is getting me fired up.

There have been so many seasons of Idol and the other shows I watch that my brain can no longer remember everything!

I'm at the point where I have to start looking up Lee's performances!

Okay not really but I'm almost at that point

20 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Lmao yes! We were on the same page with a lot of these. :dead: I'll be interested to see if we're similar in the future votes (or if we have another Beyoncé discography moment anywhere :giggle:)

Lmaooo I love it. :dead: And oh goshhh, our disagreement regarding the Beyoncé discography, despite us both loving her was really unexpected and something else. :lmao: I'm sure it's bound to happen. :haha: 

20 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Christina and RJ, though the latter and Tamyra are pretty interchangeable for me.

Oooh I actually never knew this. Thanks for this answer. :haha: 

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also not @Alex95 using super pixelated images for every performance except Christina's Ain't No Sunshine. :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

We know who Alex's TCO really is. :giggle: 

17 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Excited for my write-in ballot to put this in the Season 3 endgame!

omgg I remember this performance! ❤️ 

15 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Oooh i think I checked her instagram recently, and yeah she still looks the same. She's SOO beautiful and stunning. :wub: But we all know that.

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So I believe by Fantasia Barrino our top five is A House is Not a HomeA Natural WomanMinnie the MoocherRespect and Stuff Like That There?

giphy.gif

An amazing Top 5! :wub: 

And 3 Kelly and 3 Tamyra performances made up the Top 6. :wub: 

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

(Which is impressive considering there's been maybe 800 versions of this song)

To be fair, I don't think I've ever heard a bad performance of it :wub: And if any exist, don't send them to me.

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

There have been so many seasons of Idol and the other shows I watch that my brain can no longer remember everything!

I'm at the point where I have to start looking up Lee's performances!

Okay not really but I'm almost at that point

:dead: 

Funny thing with me is that i remember all of these old school  Idol performances STILL SO well after all these years. Whereas I can barely remember anything from Season 17 and 18 (and 16 to a lesser extent). :haha: 

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@*Lily @1234567890 @*Wallace I don't think Nikki and Tamyra's versions ever leaked, but there's a clip of Tamyra's version at 0:32

Ooooh thanks for posting this. ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I did like three versions of lists where I ranked all of the finalists and you followed them. 👁️👄👁️

Oh right, I think i raged at Tamyra's low ranking all of those times. 🙈

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

To be fair, I don't think I've ever heard a bad performance of it :wub: And if any exist, don't send them to me.

And this is clearly the best version there is:

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You have an Instagram? 😮

Oh wait, Christina's Instagram is public now instead of private like ti used to be.

BAPkqNE.jpg

Here's her on January 20, 2021! She and Paul Rudd went to the same school of aging.

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Oh right, I think i raged at Tamyra's low ranking all of those times. 🙈

I remember that time I posted Tamyra, Vonzell, LaToya in the same 71-75 set in the first (?) ranking I did and thought you were going to suspend me for a minute. :giggle:

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also @1234567890 @*Wallace @*Lily, was there any truth that Tamyra was going to do this Top 3 week? 👀

I didn't hear about that but don't remind me. 😢 But I do realllyy love her version of this, of course. :wub: 

You have an Instagram? 😮

No. 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I’m surprise that he knows what Instagram is.

YOU STOP. RIGHT NOW.