Bold Predictions: Which S19 Artist(s) will achieve some industry success?

AngelaKD

Everyone knows by now that the Voice’s top finishers struggle to make it, but some also-rans are breaking out.

As of today, 4 Voice alums are charting on radio.

Vedo (S4, T12) on the Urban, Urban AC and Rythmic chart

Morgan Wallen (S6, T20) on the Country chart

Koryn Hawthorne (S8, T4) on the Urban AC chart

Foushee (S15, Battle eliminee) on the Alternative chart

From the just concluded season 19, do you expect to see in 2 to 3 years having some measure of success?

I predict Olivia Reyes and Madeline Consoer.

Edited by AngelaKD

Madeline's in a popular genre (country) and seems capable of doing crossover-style music, so I could see her being decently popular in a couple years. Not Maren Morris or Maddie & Tae level, but enough to stay comfortably self-sufficient - especially if Kelly stays in her corner.

Olivia's audition was well-received on YouTube, so she might have a shot at "making it" if she stays in the pop/R&B lane.

JusJon and Ian both did well on TikTok, so if either of them plays off of that then they might see some degree of success. 

Julia's well-liked on YouTube and elsewhere, so if she can do her indie-pop-but-jazzy-ish thing, I could see her blowing up in a few years.

The music industry changes rapidly and popular music tastes shift quickly (see: 2010 pop songs like Katy Perry's California Gurls vs. 2020 pop like Billie Eilish's my future - or if you want to stick within a single artist, Taylor Swift's Speak Now vs. either of her albums from this year) so it's really a crapshoot at best to guess who's going to click with people and who won't.

As far as mainstream sucess goes, it´s tough to say, since only a handful of contestants throughout the show have achieved it. That being said, I believe that many people here can be able to sustain themselves through music. I´d say:

• Carter seems to have the drive, and he´s young, but he screams Broadway to me, not pop star. He could be able to have some success there.
  • Ian has been sustaining himself through music if I´m correct, and he has the type of tone that many people want to hear on a record. 
  • Madeline is country and can cross over, as evidenced by her battle, so she can try a bit of everything in future releases. Same goes with Taryn.
  • Sid is creative AF and certainly has the voice for a record. He can benefit a lot from this platform, especially since he´s been releasing music for a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Julia's well-liked on YouTube and elsewhere, so if she can do her indie-pop-but-jazzy-ish thing, I could see her blowing up in a few years.

i think julia is similar enough to billie that she can make it. however, it really depends cause there are tons of talented singers that never get found