Cresselia

Leavanny

Jellicent

Mienfoo

Malamar

Hawlucha

Hattena

Dreepy

This set has only 15 Pokemon as Impidimp was already cut and Hawlucha and Jellicent were nominated twice. This means that the last three rankers standing will only get to do a cut.

Gabite

Spr_5b_444_m.png

Gabite is a dual-type Dragon/Ground Pokémon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Gible starting at level 24 and evolves into Garchomp starting at level 48. Gabite is known at the Cave Pokemon. Gabite is a medium-sized, bipedal, dragon-like Pokémon that is primarily blue. Gabite shares its category with Druddigon. They are both known as the Cave Pokémon. Gabite resembles like a shark dinosaur type. Ive always find Gabite scary looking to be honest. I'm on my phone right now so I will add a picture later. :haha: I hope this is 100 words for now because it would suck for it to get stolen. I hope it doesn't. Yes, I am rambling at this point to make it to 100 points. Did it work?

Save: Meowth

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Mienfoo

Image result for mienfoo gif

I actually like Mienfoo a lot, and maybe wouldn't have it be cut at this point. However, Mienshao is still in the game so I don't feel as bad. The rest of the tragic nominations are mostly Pokemon who are the last left of their evolutionary line, so I feel like they deserve a better chance at being saved and I'm taking Mienfoo out of the equation. Mienfoo is a "martial arts" Pokemon, basically a karate cat. It's fighting type. Gen V is either 1) lame rip off clones of Kanto, 2) ridiculous dumb concept Pokemon, or 3) AMAZING POKEMON. Mienfoo is one of the better Gen V Pokemon out there for sure. However it doesn't evolve into Mienshao until LEVEL 50!!!! Which is frankly ridiculous because you get barely any time to use it or enjoy it before basically beating the game lol. Its moveset is what you would expect from a fighting Pokemon. The only special attack it gets is Aura Sphere. Maybe Mienshao gets some besides that but I'm not going to go check. Anyway, Mienfoo is cute and cool, so best of luck to the remaining nominations to make this cut worth it.

Save Ditto

prove it got you GIF by Desus & Mero

JELLICENT

29b662dcd6d2f1e7123eefc27b660872cf96a562_hq.gif

Jellicent is a dual Water and Ghost type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. Classified as the Floating Pokémon, Jellicent is the evolved form of Frillish. It’s a large, jellyfish-like Pokémon and it has different forms depending on its gender. Male Jellicent are blue and female Jellicent are pink. According to the Pokédex, many ships that have wandered into Jellicent’s habitat have met a terrible fate: sunken to the sea floor. Fishermen are scared of Jellicent too since they may drag them to the ocean and steal their lives away. Many Ghost Pokémon seem to have these eerie back stories. Anyway, as for Pokémon battles, Jellicent has a really high HP stat. Its defensive stats are good too, so trainers can make use out of how bulky it is. Battling Jellicent in the wild is useful to quickly raise your Pokémon since they offer a lot of EXP too. Sorry to any Jellicent fans, but out it goes from the rankdown now.

Saving Flareon.

Torterra

638281591cb9ce82b4b6e9a7ca6f90ef92240ad5

The Sinnoh starter lines are getting destroyed this round and I’m HERE FOR IT. :haha: Torterra is the worst of its line in terms of design. It is too bulky and unfortunately there is no cute factor to save it. This Sinnoh starter line was also overshadowed by the Infernape line, but now since that line has been exterminated (for now, as I’m sure someone will revive it) all the Sinnoh starters are in jeopardy of elimination. :giggle: Torterra was actually featured in the Detective Pikachu movie, which is cool I guess (I wouldn’t consider it an accomplishment though since you end up looking terrible with the movie’s artstyle. :giggle:

Save: Hattena

Edited by Bk1234

Hippowdon

Image result for Hippowdon gif

Hippowdon is a ground type pokemon.  He is also a gen 4 pokemon, which has a number of good pokemon.  I wouldn't say Hippowdon is one of the better ones.  You get a Hippowdon at level 34 when you evolve a Hippopotas.  Hippowdown has a couple solid stats in Attack, Defense and Hitpoints.  Its got a BST of 525, solid for most pokemon.  Give this pokemon earthquake (which it learns at level 44) and watch it demolish its enemies.  That said, being a ground type its got weaknesses to water, grass and ice movies.  He has immunity to electric attacks, and a resistance to rock and poison moves.  I am sure he would be a worthwhile teammate.  

Save: Cresselia

Hawlucha

Image result for hawlucha gif

I will say that out of all the fighting type Pokemon, Hawlucha is one of the better ones IMO. That still isn't saving it from being cut by me though. Hawlucha was introduced during Gen VI and in addition to being fighting it is also a flying type. Hawlucha has pretty good stats all around with its speed being the best of them. Hawlucha's origins include birds of prey (a possible reason why this fighting type works for me?), luchadors (further evidenced by its Japanese name, Luchabull), and possibly Aztec eagle warriors. Sorry if anyone was wanting to see Hawlucha saved, but it was the easiest cut for me to make and I had to ensure that Beedrill made it through this round.

Saving Beedrill

Edited by hayden98

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 7 Posted (Battle Pyramid Nominations - Megan & Dee)
Just now, .Rei said:

One from each of you 

Great. Okay. May take a little long to post since I have to prepare for the Super Bowl today!!!! 

Which means I will spend all day in an anxiety fever because if Tom Brady wins again I’m throwing myself into the sub-zero weather!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Great. Okay. May take a little long to post since I have to prepare for the Super Bowl today!!!! 

Which means I will spend all day in an anxiety fever because if Tom Brady wins again I’m throwing myself into the sub-zero weather!!!!!!

Remember that you and Dee need to agree in your save/cuts but since he hasn't been around, if you don't hear from him during the 24 hours deadline, just post yours and the nominations.

Leavanny

600px-542Leavanny.png

ngl i completely forgot about this and while Leavanny isn’t a huge fave of mine, it’s one of the few grass/bug pokemon i actually have used and enjoyed. It’s frail af, but it’s quick to train and can hit really hard, basically a standard glass cannon, but with a typing you rarely see in the game. Plus chlorophyll as an ability pairs nicely with it (the speed boost helps the set up), with an added bonus of access to Swords Dance (to just boost it even more). It’s not amazing overall, and you can find better grass or bug pokemon, or better glass cannons, but it has a very specific set that runs really well if you can set up properly. 

Edited by NGM

7 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Give me an extension until tomorrow morning. In case I throw myself into the cold to curse Tomathy Brady

• Haha 1