Jump to content

DWTS29 Week 5 - 80s Night Discussion Thread!


Recommended Posts

Fine with Jesse going tonight. I'm sad he never managed to have that breakthrough like I thought and was hoping he could have had. But with the talent level being so strong now, his Tango was the weakest tonight. And you really got to bring it each week. :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carrie Ann scoring the guy the lowest of the judging panel?  

Carrie Ann giving a higher score than the other two to the hot guy? What a surprise.

Me in Week 1: Why did AJ shave his hair??   Me in Week 5: AJ please never have hair again

On paper, this is definitely a surprising bottom 2 but based on everything we’ve seen..can’t say I’m too surprised. I just don’t think either one of Jesse or Vernon have been big standouts. That being said I did think Chrishell would have taken one of the slots, but I do think she has such a fun personality and I’m hoping that’s helping people gravitate to her.

 

A little sad to see Jesse go but out of everyone left he was unfortunately my top pick to leave, as I think I’m enjoying everyone else more :( I was excited for him this season and unfortunately just left underwhelmed by how he did. I think he was in my pre-season pick for finals 😮  Oh well, the right call tonight though and another result that I think was the correct one based on everything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Amanda said:

Well, goodbye to one of my draft picks. :dead: 


Chrishell is my other and I don't expect her to last that much longer. :haha: 


My last two are now Chrishell and Monica...so I don’t think I’ve got long to go either. :dead:

Link to post
Share on other sites

An all guy B2 this early? Interesting.

 

Chrishell surely does have fans out there. But surely her days are numbered unless she kills it next week.

 

I didn't care for either B2, but Vernon has better moments in his dancing than Jesse did, who just was very mediocre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Lily said:

On paper, this is definitely a surprising bottom 2 but based on everything we’ve seen..can’t say I’m too surprised. I just don’t think either one of Jesse or Vernon have been big standouts. That being said I did think Chrishell would have taken one of the slots, but I do think she has such a fun personality and I’m hoping that’s helping people gravitate to her.

 

A little sad to see Jesse go but out of everyone left he was unfortunately my top pick to leave, as I think I’m enjoying everyone else more :( I was excited for him this season and unfortunately just left underwhelmed by how he did. I think he was in my pre-season pick for finals 😮  Oh well, the right call tonight though and another result that I think was the correct one based on everything.

I agree with everything you said on this whole post. :yes: 

 

Def surprised with the B2 but should have saw it coming, especially with how tonight went. I also had high expectations for Jesse pre-season, so it's a shame he never really got his proper footing to have that breakthrough. :( I did enjoy his Week 2 Foxtrot the most from his run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Well, goodbye to one of my draft picks. :dead: 


Chrishell is my other and I don't expect her to last that much longer. :haha: 

 

1 minute ago, *Lily said:


My last two are now Chrishell and Monica...so I don’t think I’ve got long to go either. :dead:

Oh gosh, good luck to you two! :dead: 

 

1 minute ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

An all guy B2 this early? Interesting.

 

Chrishell surely does have fans out there. But surely her days are numbered unless she kills it next week.

 

I didn't care for either B2, but Vernon has better moments in his dancing than Jesse did, who just was very mediocre.

Yeah this. I did like Jesse more but Vernon did grow/improve and had better moments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Carrie Ann looking like she was close to tears having to decide which of her two crushes to save is the highlight of my season so far

LMAO This. :dead: We're so cruel. :haha: 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

+~My Dancing with the Stars 29 Week 5 Review~

Preface- The night of a thousand Tango and Jazz. We saw a score 1 point shy of perfection, and a star go home who never had a breakthrough.

 

1. Justina/Sasha (Jazz) 24/30: This was just so 80’s, but she kept up very well and her and Sasha were very in sync. I loved all the nods to the movie, and also had some proper Jazz content in there. My score: 24/30

2. Jesse/Sharna (Tango) 19/30: It’s a shame he left, but I can’t disagree with it. I think we all assumed he’d be better than he was and especially with Sharna. He just never got into the feel of the dances. My score: 18/30

3. Chrishell/Gleb (Cha Cha) 19/30: Well she finally did a faster Latin dance and it was alright. It needed more content, but that’s very on brand with Gleb. She needs stronger lines and better hip action, but she was having fun, and had some nice moments within it. My score: 19/30

4. Jeannie/Brandon (Jazz) 24/30: I agree with Carrie Ann that there’s just something fun about Jeannie’s dancing and she’s actually quite good too and fearless with what Brandon gives her. It was a cute Jazz number, but I’m more excited to see her do something back to Latin and Ballroom again. My score: 24/30

5. Monica/Val (Tango) 26/30: I do agree that her frame needs to be more carefree and extended and less clingy, but overall, she had very strong moments within the dance. My score: 25/30

6. AJ/Cheryl (Waltz) 24/30: AJ is doing well, but honestly, I thought he’d be more of a standout than he’s currently been. Like, he’s a good dancer and Cheryl is a seasoned, popular pro, but he’s just not popping like some of the others are. My score: 23/30

7. Skai/Alan (Jazz) 24/30: This was a good song to do a Jazz to and Alan really just went for the lifts and it worked too. She just needs to work on the transitions out of lifts to be smoother and to just bring the personality to the entire dance, but overall, a great vibrant dance for her.  My score: 24/30

8. Vernon/Peta (Tango) 21/30: He is better in the more lyrical dances, and he’s already done most of them, save for maybe Viennese Waltz and Contemporary, I’m a little surprised a football player hit the bottom this early, but he’s just an average dancer. My score: 20/30

9. Kaitlyn/Artem (Tango) 27/30: I’m glad she was able to show a goofy, fun side to herself, but still nail the part of the Tango and the sharpness. It was a different take on a Tango, but I suspect she can do a more proper Tango later with the Argentine. Len would’ve given this dance a 6, but overall she showed a different side and it was great to see. My score: 27/30

10. Nelly/Daniella (Samba) 24/30: I expected this to be a disaster honestly, but while he needs more refinement in areas, he did a solid job in it all and smiled and had a good time. My score: 22/30

11. Johnny/Britt (Contemporary) 29/30: I think we all expected this to go well, and it did, but I wanted it to be less pretty and more intense and grounded, given the song. It made it mismatch a little for me. Some of it felt a little placed, but overall he was strong tonight, and danced well. My score: 28/30

12. Nev/Jenna (Quickstep) 26/30: It was a good dance, a lot of gapping in their hold though, and some of it was very hoppy, but I’m glad he scratched the surface on his prior experience. My score: 25/30

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Me rooting for Nelly to leave to only realize he’s one of my draft pick :haha:

:dead: 

 

20 minutes ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

+~My Dancing with the Stars 29 Week 5 Review~

Preface- The night of a thousand Tango and Jazz. We saw a score 1 point shy of perfection, and a star go home who never had a breakthrough.

 

1. Justina/Sasha (Jazz) 24/30: This was just so 80’s, but she kept up very well and her and Sasha were very in sync. I loved all the nods to the movie, and also had some proper Jazz content in there. My score: 24/30

2. Jesse/Sharna (Tango) 19/30: It’s a shame he left, but I can’t disagree with it. I think we all assumed he’d be better than he was and especially with Sharna. He just never got into the feel of the dances. My score: 18/30

3. Chrishell/Gleb (Cha Cha) 19/30: Well she finally did a faster Latin dance and it was alright. It needed more content, but that’s very on brand with Gleb. She needs stronger lines and better hip action, but she was having fun, and had some nice moments within it. My score: 19/30

4. Jeannie/Brandon (Jazz) 24/30: I agree with Carrie Ann that there’s just something fun about Jeannie’s dancing and she’s actually quite good too and fearless with what Brandon gives her. It was a cute Jazz number, but I’m more excited to see her do something back to Latin and Ballroom again. My score: 24/30

5. Monica/Val (Tango) 26/30: I do agree that her frame needs to be more carefree and extended and less clingy, but overall, she had very strong moments within the dance. My score: 25/30

6. AJ/Cheryl (Waltz) 24/30: AJ is doing well, but honestly, I thought he’d be more of a standout than he’s currently been. Like, he’s a good dancer and Cheryl is a seasoned, popular pro, but he’s just not popping like some of the others are. My score: 23/30

7. Skai/Alan (Jazz) 24/30: This was a good song to do a Jazz to and Alan really just went for the lifts and it worked too. She just needs to work on the transitions out of lifts to be smoother and to just bring the personality to the entire dance, but overall, a great vibrant dance for her.  My score: 24/30

8. Vernon/Peta (Tango) 21/30: He is better in the more lyrical dances, and he’s already done most of them, save for maybe Viennese Waltz and Contemporary, I’m a little surprised a football player hit the bottom this early, but he’s just an average dancer. My score: 20/30

9. Kaitlyn/Artem (Tango) 27/30: I’m glad she was able to show a goofy, fun side to herself, but still nail the part of the Tango and the sharpness. It was a different take on a Tango, but I suspect she can do a more proper Tango later with the Argentine. Len would’ve given this dance a 6, but overall she showed a different side and it was great to see. My score: 27/30

10. Nelly/Daniella (Samba) 24/30: I expected this to be a disaster honestly, but while he needs more refinement in areas, he did a solid job in it all and smiled and had a good time. My score: 22/30

11. Johnny/Britt (Contemporary) 29/30: I think we all expected this to go well, and it did, but I wanted it to be less pretty and more intense and grounded, given the song. It made it mismatch a little for me. Some of it felt a little placed, but overall he was strong tonight, and danced well. My score: 28/30

12. Nev/Jenna (Quickstep) 26/30: It was a good dance, a lot of gapping in their hold though, and some of it was very hoppy, but I’m glad he scratched the surface on his prior experience. My score: 25/30

Great review as always, Matt! Agree with a lot of what you said on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What the f*ck is with the constant Sharna hate on here? Genuine question. There's a sh*t ton of cattiness towards her and it isn't nice at all.

 

Y'all are to her what P*re is to Val and that's not a compliment.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

What the f*ck is with the constant Sharna hate on here? Genuine question.

Well for starters, she victim-blamed the girl who came forward with allegations against Nick Carter a few years back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Well for starters, she victim-blamed the girl who came forward with allegations against Nick Carter a few years back.

I get that she totally f*cked up on that one and I definitely think she should have apologised but is it enough to keep slating her in a bitchy way on a public message board THREE years later? There's nothing constructive in these comments about her and it's 0 to do with her abilities as a pro which is why it pisses me off.

 

And please don't give me shite like "she enabled Bobby" - she did her f*cking job as pro with a difficult partner, was she supposed to post that she hated the guy and refuse to celebrate winning with him because he couldn't dance?

Edited by DWTSFan2001
Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to pst my rankings of the dances last night. These were super tricky and I still feel unsure of some of the rankings. :haha: 

 

  1. Johnny & Britt - Contemporary
  2. Nev & Jenna - Quickstep
  3. AJ & Cheryl - Waltz
  4. Jeannie & Brandon - Jazz
  5. Skai & Alan - Jazz
  6. Kaitlyn & Artem - Tango
  7. Monica & Val - Tango
  8. Justina & Sasha - Jazz
  9. Nelly & Daniella - Samba
  10. Vernon & Peta - Tango
  11. Chrishell & Gleb - Cha-Cha
  12. Jesse & Sharna - Tango
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I get that she totally f*cked up on that one and I definitely think she should have apologised but is it enough to keep slating her in a bitchy way on a public message board THREE years later? There's nothing constructive in these comments about her and it's 0 to do with her abilities as a pro which is why it pisses me off.

 

And please don't give me shite like "she enabled Bobby" - she did her f*cking job as pro with a difficult partner, was she supposed to post that she hated the guy and refuse to celebrate winning with him because he couldn't dance?

I do think some of the treatment towards her can be a bit harsh. But I get it and everyone has their opinions and can express them how they feel. I do get both sides of the issue. She's never been my very favorite but no denying she's a great ballroom dancer and teacher, and has had great success on the show. And I do enjoy her judging on DWTSAU (though I think she frustrated me a few times this past season I think lmao). :haha: 

 

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Anyway.

Peta injured her neck during her & Vernon’s dance this week. I hope she’s okay.

 

https://people.com/tv/peta-rushed-to-therapy-after-dwts-routine-following-neck-injury/

Oooh I was actually coming in to post about this.

 

Ooh and besides Jesse & Vernon being in the Bottom, I noticed BFFs in Peta & Sharna were down there together. That’s tough for them. But speaking of Peta, did you all know she kinda injured her neck in last night’s Tango? :( 

 

 

 

Hoping she heals up and gets better. I’m sure she’ll dance through the pain regardless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Anyway.

Peta injured her neck during her & Vernon’s dance this week. I hope she’s okay.

 

https://people.com/tv/peta-rushed-to-therapy-after-dwts-routine-following-neck-injury/

 

24 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

But speaking of Peta, did you all know she kinda injured her neck in last night’s Tango? :( 

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...