DWTS29 Week 5 - 80s Night Discussion Thread!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carrie Ann scoring the guy the lowest of the judging panel?  

Carrie Ann giving a higher score than the other two to the hot guy? What a surprise.

Me in Week 1: Why did AJ shave his hair??   Me in Week 5: AJ please never have hair again

“I Think We’re Alone Now” is a really weird and off the wall song choice for a Tango.

Hmmm, this was such a different type of Tango. I may have an unpoppular opinion here. I will say, the dance…. it’s tough for me. The beginning intro felt sooo long and the b-boy/girl dancing at the end was a strange twist. The actual Tango section was fantastic and really strong - she was sharp, full of scattato and attack. Ugh just the song ruined it for me as I didn’t get a Tango feel there.

Hmmm all 9’s. I see, the actual Tango dancing was great but gah…. I need to rewatch this one. It felt too fun  for a Tango for me.

Tell The Tea GIF by Dreezy

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I was scared to admit that I enjoyed that dance. But then I went into the Drag Race rankdown thread and realised it wouldn’t be the worst thing done on IDF tonight.

Honestly probably overscored but also lowkey one of the only dances I’ve actually kinda enjoyed tonight and so weirdly I’m just not that mad at it??

Feel like this could be it for Chrishell tonight though. :( 

• Like 1

Ooh snap, Nelly kinda had his best dance with a SAMBA? o.o Okay this was the first time, in like quite a few weeks where I felt Nelly had a lot of fun and really embraced the style and had performed like he was having fun. 😮 The technique and footwork could have been lighter and slicker. But wow he surprised me and did better than I expected.

Okay the 8s were a little too much there for Nelly though. :haha: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Lmao I heard some rumours but did this woman get all these guys out in the middle of a pandemic and then pretty much quit ASAP?! :dead:

EQD-RMDX0AAqcKZ.jpg

Guess I’ll be watching this year 👀

I think she was still texting one of them during their filming hiatus and they fell in love so she didn’t return to finish the season.

7 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I was scared to admit that I enjoyed that dance. But then I went into the Drag Race rankdown thread and realised it wouldn’t be the worst thing done on IDF tonight.

Samee. And OMGGG the last part. :dead: 

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Okay, that wasn't horrible but I feel like this is such an OTT reaction from the judges for this dance. :dead: 

It kinda was. :dead: 

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I can forgive all of these 80s looks tonight just because wow Daniella is so stunning!

She is! :wub: 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, *Lily said:

:dead: 

Just now, Elliott said:

I think she was still texting one of them during their filming hiatus and they fell in love so she didn’t return to finish the season.

I had no idea it all happened so quickly. Ugh I hate that I’m going to watch this. :dead:

6 minutes ago, rpryor03 said:

That was not equal to Skai, AJ, Jeannie, and/or Justina.

Yes to this.

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Honestly probably overscored but also lowkey one of the only dances I’ve actually kinda enjoyed tonight and so weirdly I’m just not that mad at it??

Feel like this could be it for Chrishell tonight though. :( 

Lmaoo I feel the same. 7s would have been better here. But then they gave his Paso 7s soo ugh.

Ugh I should have stuck with my prediction on Chrishell. :ph34rwave:

5 minutes ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

And here I was predicting for him to go home....yikes.

Ugh I'm mad I changed my prediction last minute. :dead: