DWTS29 Week 5 - 80s Night Discussion Thread!

*Wallace

Yay!

DWTS YouTube just released the intro to the episode online, not sure if they meant to this early or not :haha:

But looks like our running order is probably:

Justina, Jesse, Chrishell, Jeannie, Monica, AJ, Skai, Vernon, Kaitlyn, Nelly, Johnny, Nev

They really be keeping all the women mostly in the beginning. I always hate that.

While people like Vernon and Johnny stay at the end a lot.

They need to start changing up the order more. It always people like Justina, Monica, and Chrishell in the beginning and most of the guys at the end.

I'm also not really looking forward to tonight cause most of my favorites have Jazz aka "do whatever you want with little actual dance content"

I mean, with this new voting format, going at the beginning is more beneficial than going at the end when voting closes literally minutes after the last performance. :haha: 

The downside is lowballing for going early in the lineup. But I think we’re getting to the point in the season where you’re given a 7 just for showing up even if you don’t dance well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Walker359718 said:

I hope the judges might spread the scores out more tonight.  Last week, the bottom 11 couples were extremely close.

...Maybe that's because, outside of Skai, there weren't any huge standouts? Hence the bunching together of everyone besides her on the leaderboard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Pretty sure they have to clear up the voting flub just because of regulations but yeah, Tyra definitely was a little OTT there :dead:

Any other show: “What happened was we accidentally gave Tyra the wrong cue cards.”

Tyra Banks: “SO 😮 HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED 😮

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

Justina and Sasha both trying to take the blame for the mistake. :dead: 

I was just surprised the judges know how to point out when Sasha’s partner makes a mistake since they never did last year.

• Haha 1