The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, could be. Anyway, I’ve totally changed my tune on Kenzie, after my deep dive this morning. If there aren’t any better options, I might even vote for him. He’s legit. 

Out of the two, I´d say he´s the most likely to make the finale, also given that Kelly knows how to handle country contestants. 

Although I wouldn´t underestimate Avery either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Out of the two, I´d say he´s the most likely to make the finale, also given that Kelly knows how to handle country contestants. 

If they don’t try to bus Kenzie, he might be unstoppable.  :haha:

Just now, Misirlou said:

I think of the four-chairs, finale odds go Kenzie > Avery > Zae >> Anna Grace, with the middle two being relatively equal. 

Kenzie's got a classic country sound that is widely appealing to the audience in addition to likely being in the premiere (given he was the first four-chair AND first block of the season), and Kelly knows what to do with classic country.

Avery is less traditionally country sounding so slightly less appealing, but he's on Team Blake which means he shouldn't be underestimated. Zae's with Nick and genre-wise less likely to get Minivan in his corner, but being with the coach that's likeliest to get pimped could help him out somewhat and has a backstory that could work in his favor.

Anna Grace's genre is the least supported by Minivan and she's on the same team as Kenzie, which gives her an uphill battle. However, she's got quite the back story and she's got an appealing tone for her genre, so I think she's got a fair shot for a post-playoffs slot should she make the live shows (which I see happening unless she's massively bussed).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

But remember that the new coach is returning, so they might want to try to hold him back because of that.

Yeah, maybe they’ll give him a Sam Hunt song, or something. Although, Kelly is not a pushover. If she views him as her top horse, she won’t let that happen. I thought they might try to bus Chevel, but Kelly is too fierce for them to try that, so they didn’t. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Kenzie's chances of winning hinge on what Blake does with his team. If Avery (or another Blake country male) is in the finale, that might hurt Kenzie. If Blake goes all in on someone like Cam and leaves the country lane open, Kenzie might be able to sleepwalk to Kelly's 4th win. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, maybe they’ll give him a Sam Hunt song, or something. Although, Kelly is not a pushover. If she views him as her top horse, she won’t let that happen. I thought they might try to bus Chevel, but again...Kelly is too fierce for them to try that, so they didn’t. 

Kelly's part of the backbone of NBC at this point between her talk show and The Voice, so I think in terms of attempted Kenzie bussing the worst TPTB will be able to get away with will be a Chevel-esque run of spots where he doesn't open or close any lives.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Kenzie's chances of winning hinge on what Blake does with his team. If Avery (or another Blake country male) is in the finale, that might hurt Kenzie. If Blake goes all in on someone like Cam and leaves the country lane open, Kenzie might be able to sleepwalk to Kelly's 4th win. 

I have a feeling he´s going to be fixated on Cam this season, and Avery is going to have to fend for himself. 

• Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

I have a feeling he´s going to be fixated on Cam this season, and Avery is going to have to fend for himself. 

I agree, it just comes down to who the majority of the voters like more, which I’m guessing will be Cam, if he’s Blake’s favorite.

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I agree, it just comes down to who the majority of the voters like more, which I’m guessing will be Cam, if he’s Blake’s favorite.

in season 17, the country gang supported jake hoot on team kelly, because blake didn't have a country contestant left. i can see this happening in part if blake doesn't push for avery, especially since kenzie is more of a classic country (according to yall, idk really). however, i still think that avery will be a threat if he makes the lives, as even if he isn't pimped, he'll still likely have some minivan support.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

He’s got it all, tbh. He’s from the South,  fishes, has a mullet, truck with a lift kit, etc. He’s the definition of “country.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

He’s got it all, tbh. He’s from the South,  fishes, has a mullet, truck with a lift kit, etc. He’s the definition of “country.”

Not to mention ,that judging from his posts and interviews, he seems like a very unassuming guy. That might help him as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

in season 17, the country gang supported jake hoot on team kelly, because blake didn't have a country contestant left. i can see this happening in part if blake doesn't push for avery, especially since kenzie is more of a classic country (according to yall, idk really). however, i still think that avery will be a threat if he makes the lives, as even if he isn't pimped, he'll still likely have some minivan support.

I agree Avery should not be underestimated, since he´s with Blake as he´s country as well. But, as it has been said, his fate will depend on Blake if he sees him as his top dog, something I´m sure Kelly will see Kenzie as.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yep, his demeanor is that of a typically laid back country boy. Minivan is gonna eat that up. 

As I said, it depends on what Blake does with Avery. He has some covers of old school country as well as the more contemporary stuff, and he has an ain't no sunshine cover that minivan will eat up, but also appear outside of Blake's base. But if he goes the more contemporary country route, then forget it 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Daillon said:

Do they? I can’t really remember any (Carter from S16? He sang a lot of non-country songs tho)

Yeah, also during season 16 Andrew Jannakos and other guy whose name I forgot already, were considered "passable" but Minivan always preferred the bearded, older ones. 

6 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Zach Seabaugh at S9 has a good audition but getting far on the show he got worse, I'm still confused how he got to be a Semifinalist.

The answer is surprisingly simple; Team Blake. 

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Kelly's part of the backbone of NBC at this point between her talk show and The Voice, so I think in terms of attempted Kenzie bussing the worst TPTB will be able to get away with will be a Chevel-esque run of spots where he doesn't open or close any lives.

And making him the last one to be called safe one week, and somewhere in the middle the other weeks (like they did with Chevel). 🤨They did all that while calling Kirk 1st or 2nd most weeks, including calling him first in the bloodbath. They tried to use these tricks on Sundance too, but they obviously didn’t work. They walk a fine line between wanting a certain coach to win and keeping popular contestants around for the ratings. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I can honestly picture Cam going country on the show. :no::haha:

Do a deep dive and see if he’s done any country covers, follows any country singers, etc. That’s how I had Spensha pegged as a country convert. She had recently followed about 50 country singers. LOL

• Haha 6