The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

On 12/21/2020 at 9:12 PM, moonlighty said:

Just checked this thread, haven't checked the contestants yet, and the absence of Kim Cruse makes me confused, I believe she was rumored to be on S20, but anyways, who do y'all think has the strongest team? (Sorry if this was already discussed here I just came lol)

She was definitely at the hotel and was set for S20. But I think something happened and they sent her home before they shot the blinds.

3 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Christine Cane is a battle fodder imo even tho she was the first one and John said her rendition of the song was the most soulful he ever herd it, I thought it was very lackluster and kinda dry but she might pull something out doubt it tho. 

Yeah she’s gone in battles lol

• Like 1

Some things that wouldn’t surprise me (whether I’d like it or not lol)

• Carolina being out in the battles
  • Rachel Mac outlasting most of Team Nick (a la Roderick)
  • Cam, Avery and Emma + a steal being Blake’s playoffs team
  • Pia and Victor being John’s favorites (this season’s John Holiday and Tamara Jade). However if John has chair turns present switch Pia to Denisha.
  • Deion being stolen in the battles/knockouts
  • Ryleigh being stolen/winning the battle only to lose her knockout (I have a feeling she’ll be the Lauren, shown in the premiere as well)
  • Halley, Anna Grace and Kenzie + a steal being Kelly’s playoffs team
  • Like 1

Somewhat off-topic, but the overuse of “AA” in this thread is starting to bother me (they are just people, not batteries, lmao) Maybe it’s just me.

If these people had something in common sure, but most them are really different from each other. In the end we are putting people in the same box just for their skin color (sometimes I do it too)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It's basically the equivalent of being from a small town, where everyone in the town will organize and support you

It reminds me of the poster who told us that Ben Allen was a threat because of his following in his area of Florida. It turns out that was legitimate, as he has a soon to be sold out show in half of an arena (every other row, but still impressive).  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJH872wDdqs/?igshid=e1lwd4x1u2fb

Obviously, that didn’t help him on the show. 

For a regional advantage to make a difference, they need widespread support everywhere, in addition to their regional advantage, which can tip the scales, if it’s close. 

Edited by TeamAudra

5 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

If I'm not mistaken Chris Kroeze went all the way to the Top 2 because, amongst other things, he was from a small town which supported him a lot

He had a whole state. A small town can put you over the top if it's really close..but it already has to be close 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

If I'm not mistaken Chris Kroeze went all the way to the Top 2 because, amongst other things, he was from a small town which supported him a lot

His small town has a population of 3400 people. It’s in a very rural part of Wisconsin. He was getting support throughout the entire state, but had to have been getting it elsewhere too, to finish higher than Kirk and Kennedy. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Based on articles I’ve found, it looks like Kenzie graduated from high school in 2016, and Avery in 2018. So...about 22 and 20 years old. 

Kenzie might be 23, depending when his birthday is (graduated high school at the same time he would have and my birthday was later in the year, but half my friends have celebrated birthdays already) - and should he make the finale he likely will be 23 at that point so he's not in the age range I'd consider as being the hardest to get into the finale. Avery, on the other hand, is right in the middle of it.

Doesn't matter too much anyway, since we still don't know who's going to be in the lives and I don't wanna put the cart before the horse with anyone (even the people that look like playoff locks). 

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Kenzie might be 23, depending when his birthday is (graduated high school at the same time he would have and my birthday was later in the year, but half my friends have celebrated birthdays already) - and should he make the finale he likely will be 23 at that point so he's not in the age range I'd consider as being the hardest to get into the finale. Avery, on the other hand, is right in the middle of it.

Doesn't matter too much anyway, since we still don't know who's going to be in the lives and I don't wanna put the cart before the horse with anyone (even the people that look like playoff locks). 

Yeah, could be. Anyway, I’ve totally changed my tune on Kenzie, after my deep dive this morning. If there aren’t any better options, I might even vote for him. He’s legit. 

12 minutes ago, Henry Sanchez said:

4 chair turns don’t mean too much. I’ve seen 3 uk winners with 1-2 turns. It all depends on how they appear when story shows and song

It doesn't necessarily guarantee a win, but of the finales in the US only three (Season 4, Season 12, and Season 14) lacked any four-chair turns - so it's likely at least one will make the finale, though who it may end up being is anyone's guess.

• Like 2