The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Speaking of Rachel, apparently she's currently taking AP World History (otherwise known as WHAP). One of the exam settings is Thursday. Her teacher posted to the WHAP facebook group that she doesn't think she'll be taking the exam this week 😛 

I might have to go throw her a few votes now out of respect. APWH is HARD and time consuming, doing it while on a tv show is impressive 

My high school didn’t offer WHAP but remembering how much APUSH kicked my ass at Rachel’s age (even though I had a really good teacher) means I don’t envy her for trying to balance AP coursework on top of being on TV + trying her best to be a normal teenage girl despite the craziness going on in her life currently.

Also, I still stand by Doo-Wops and Hooligans being Bruno’s best album (though he’s been putting out consistently high quality work for a decade now, including his stuff with Silk Sonic) - granted, I’m biased because it came out right in middle school for me, which was about when I started to branch away from listening just to what played on the bus + what my mom chose on the car radio, but even the less well known songs off the album are solid.

4 minutes ago, pauwis said:

I see only Rachel in "problems"

On her uptempo, probably. She`s the one I currently trust the least to deliver there. So I hope she proves me wrong. 

But she`s definitely gonna bring it in her ballad, as long as she keeps in control of her emotions. 

• Like 2

Back to Rachel again - she’s the one I’m having the most trouble seeing go uptempo, so I’m interested to see how that plays out. 

All of the others have the skills to do both (though admittedly Jordan is the one I have the hardest time picturing on a ballad), so I hope Rachel’s age + relative greenness compared to the guys isn’t going to be a stumbling block for her. 

Either way, the fact that she’s had such growth on national TV and is handling the spotlight like a champ is commendable - heaven knows 16-year-old VV would be way too cringe inducing and too much of an anxious wreck to be navigating this competition (and 23-year-old me wouldn’t be much better).

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Back to Rachel again - she’s the one I’m having the most trouble seeing go uptempo, so I’m interested to see how that plays out. 

All of the others have the skills to do both (though admittedly Jordan is the one I have the hardest time picturing on a ballad), so I hope Rachel’s age + relative greenness compared to the guys isn’t going to be a stumbling block for her. 

Either way, the fact that she’s had such growth on national TV and is handling the spotlight like a champ is commendable - heaven knows 16-year-old VV would be way too cringe inducing and too much of an anxious wreck to be navigating this competition (and 23-year-old me wouldn’t be much better).

Off the top of my head, I can think of several uptempo songs that would work for Rachel. She’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Good, that’s why I need y’all on this forum because I’m drawing blanks with uptempo numbers for her 😅😅

Bubbly by Colbie Cailat (an artist who Rachel reminds me of)

Like the Weather by 10,000 Maniacs (a fun ditty about depression, lol)

Stay by Lisa Loeb (This one is tricky because it starts and ends a little ballady, but the bulk is uptempo.)

Edited by AngelaKD

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Stay by Lisa Loeb (This one is tricky because it starts and ends a little ballady, but the bulk is uptempo.)

That should be fine since Gih was going to do “Defying Gravity” for her up-tempo.

Just now, AngelaKD said:

Bubbly by Colbie Cailat

Like the Weather by 10,000 Maniacs (a fun ditty about depression)

All of those would be excellent!

I wasn’t 100% sure if Bubbly qualified but Colbie is right up Rachel’s alley, so hopefully that’s the pick (at least IMO, I just hope she doesn’t get bussed next week but as she’s Nick’s finalist and Nick’s never had a winner, I doubt it).

The only other thing I want to see is Jordan on Lynyrd Skynyrd (Simple Man would be perfect for him) and Cam doing something that’s an R&B/pop crossover for his uptempo - not Usher, but something in that vein.

I’m on my phone so posting’s a b**** but if someone wants to create a song suggestion thread for the top 5 then go for it (unless I’m un observant and missed it)

I honestly think that most of the cast will be able to handle uptempo and ballad. Kenzie, Jordan and Victor have all done both, and Cam could handle an uptempo song as well, since his battle was fairly quick. Rachel is the only person who has clearly done only ballads so it will be interesting to see what happens. Really hoping we get some good performances from this (this is a lot more interesting than originals and this group is versatile enough to handle this).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Is this really S20 spoilers/news/updates thread?

thread is off topic all over the place, some posts may be moved to general discussion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Returning to topic , Jordan`s IG stories revealed him recording at Henson. He tagged Gibson and he showed a guitar there, so I`m imagining he`s playing next week, which is great. On another story, he also said he`s laying down some classic country with Blake, and tagged Takamine, which is an acoustic brand of guitars, so I imagine their duet will be a country ballad. Or maybe an upbeat one, and Jordan is playing acoustic.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

Returning to topic , Jordan`s IG stories revealed him recording at Henson. He tagged Gibson and he showed a guitar there, so I`m imagining he`s playing next week, which is great. He also said he`s laying down some classic country with Blake, which leads me to believe that his duet with Blake will be classic country, we just don`t know if it`s a ballad or upbeat.

was hoping they'd go with more southern rock stuff, but guess not

• Like 1