The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

37 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Jordan's complete lack of f*cks to give about the show is hilarious as an audience member but probably frustrating for him considering he'd rather be home and gigging on his own terms.

His cover of Gold Dust Woman slaps tbh, hopefully he gets steered more that way next week.

NVM

Edited by monkshood

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

resting this right here.

Speaking facts. I genuinely don’t care what anyone has to say about this adding fire or whatever. This isn’t a conflict that can be solved peacefully (as we’ve seen) and they have all the right to be pissed. The Voice preaches representation but still hasn’t given the platform to multiple deserving women of what’s possibly the most marginalized and underrepresented group of females. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Loved how supportive Dana was when Jordan got the save. Some of her fans here could take a few lessons from her.

Tag me when you’re talking about me

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

y’all based SOLELY on instant save performances, Jordan earned his place in the finale... but you didn’t hear it from me!

i thought Pia was absolutely excellent last night, but singing Billie? in the IS? that song choice wasn’t going to help her win😢

y’all know i ADORE Corey, but this... erm... wasn’t his week

Dana’s performance last night was really great TO ME, but her IS song confuses me??? the woman who BODIED Nutbush City Limits and Free Your Mind chose the worst time to give her most tame vocal performance yet💔

Gihanna was the closest person to robbed tonight, but even then, her IS wasn’t the stunner that it needed to be to advance...

i believe that AT LEAST one of Dana, Pia, or Gihanna should have gotten a PV and think it’s an absolute crime that Dana isn’t in the top 5, but based on tonight’s performances, i can’t be mad that Jordan advanced.

this is all my opinion SO DON’T COME FOR ME

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all based SOLELY on instant save performances, Jordan earned his place in the finale... but you didn’t hear it from me!

i thought Pia was absolutely excellent last night, but singing Billie? in the IS? that song choice wasn’t going to help her win😢

y’all know i ADORE Corey, but this... erm... wasn’t his week

Dana’s performance last night was really great TO ME, but her IS song confuses me??? the woman who BODIED Nutbush City Limits and Free Your Mind chose the worst time to give her most tame vocal performance yet💔

Gihanna was the closest person to robbed tonight, but even then, her IS wasn’t the stunner that it needed to be to advance...

i believe that AT LEAST one of Dana, Pia, or Gihanna should have gotten a PV and think it’s an absolute crime that Dana isn’t in the top 5, but based on tonight’s performances, i can’t be mad that Jordan advanced.

this is all my opinion SO DON’T COME FOR ME

I'm glad you're taking this very well, some could take notes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

resting this right here.

Thank you Tamara. Some here could learn lessons from this tweet, just sayin’. 

ps: It is not a meltdown when I complain about racism

• Like 2

I just want to call out some of the toxicity on this forum. If people are genuinely upset about an important issue, it is not a meltdown. I don’t give a freak if you like Jordan, this is a pattern I have noticed almost every season on this show. 

• Like 1

Pia had a severe allergic reaction and she had to go to the hospital. 
She was on vocal rest the day they were recording semifinal studios.

That woman is a freakin' trooper and I have immense respect for her for everything she has gone through during this show.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Harmat said:

Pia had a severe allergic reaction and she had to go to the hospital. 
She was on vocal rest the day they were recording semifinal studios.

That woman is a freakin' trooper and I have immense respect for her for everything she has gone through during this show.

She’s so strong. Women Power!!!! YESSIRRR

The way I see it, sans a mass audience change (which will possibly come with Ariana next season, but I’m skeptical), the most I can do is congratulate Jordan on a good performance and moving on before immediately getting to work trying to strategize what could be done to shake things up so there’s a significantly reduced amount of systemic barriers for nonwhite female artists who enter into the audition process for the show (though as a white woman, I definitely don’t want to be the main voice in the discussion since racism is something I don’t experience firsthand and there’s unspoken layers to the issues associated with racism that I am aware I can’t fully comprehend).

I definitely overreacted to the initial save, as Jordan is talented albeit not my cup of tea, but even though Jordan isn’t an undeserving finalist per se the loss of multiple black female artists in one fell swoop (despite them all turning in several strong performances over the course of the season and all being very different from one another) is indicative of some of the audience’s biases. Though the roots of those biases are complex and rather ugly at times, facing them head on is the only way to change the system.

• Like 5