The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I think Cam might be the runner up. He pretty much has all the makings for it. He´s on Team Blake, who pretty much nowadays (S18 excluded) always gets runner up instead of the win. I think he definitely has the potential to exceed live and get the PV despite not being Minivan´s preferred genre. But I don´t see him getting past Kenzie. It will probably be like Ricky and Hoot again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I would have done what Bailey/Chloe were alleged to do in the Flop fan thread and locked my opponent backstage. Guess they couldn't make it! :giggle:

Flop Prediction: Zae, Corey, and Gihanna team up to lock Jenzie Wheels in a storage closet (or somewhere else backstage) right before the live shows. One of them will get the PV, the other will get the CS, and the other will be in the WC*. Jenzie is automatically DQed because he didn't show up lol 😂

*Whoever is representing Team Kelly in the WC will lock their opponents in said storage closet so that they'll get the WC by default. Plus then Jenzie will have some company. 😜

Edited by disney1024

4 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

That's partially my theory, too. I believe Kelly wanted to open a lane to the country male on her team, but she wasn't too comfortable with letting Marisa go. But then she observed a behaviour on the background she judged  reprehensible and was like "girl, bye". We have to remember Kelly Clarkson was the person who spotted who Dr. Luke really was more then a decade prior to Kesha's case. Kelly has an eye for rotten apples in the industry. 

Even though Marisa is talented, I would never admire someone with questionable character. Supporting her or grieving her outcome is completely out of the way for me. 

As much flack as we give Tanner here for his PO performance and his awkward goodbye to Kelly, he handled the situation very maturely despite attacks from her against his character. He hearted and responded nicely all the comments saying he didn´t deserve to advance over Marisa and overall never attacked her despite her retweeting comments regarding him as "untalented".

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I think Cam might be the runner up. He pretty much has all the makings for it. He´s on Team Blake, who pretty much nowadays (S18 excluded) always gets runner up instead of the win. I think he definitely has the potential to exceed live and get the PV despite not being Minivan´s preferred genre. But I don´t see him getting past Kenzie. It will probably be like Ricky and Hoot again.

If it means Cam doesn't get stuck in that sh*tty record deal but still makes the finale, I'll take it.

I don't see Kenzie (if he wins) signing with Republic either - Kelly'd talk him out of it given her own experiences with record contracts tied to a TV show, not to mention I don't think Chevel or Hoot signed with the label post-show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Even though Marisa is talented, I would never admire someone with questionable character. Supporting her or grieving her outcome is completely out of the way for me. 

I completely agree. Marisa was initially one of my S19 snowflakes, that is until she made threw shade at Kelly and Tanner after her KO aired. After seeing her tantrum, the only KO elimination that hurt a bit was Kelsie's, which was bittersweet because Madeline SLAYED that song. 😅

Just now, VintageVoice said:

If it means Cam doesn't get stuck in that sh*tty record deal but still makes the finale, I'll take it.

I don't see Kenzie (if he wins) signing with Republic either - Kelly'd talk him out of it given her own experiences with record contracts tied to a TV show, not to mention I don't think Chevel or Hoot signed with the label post-show.

If Kenzie wins, Kelly´s helping him definitely.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Wdym pretending? We're looking at first place, second place, and third place (in order)...

I tried to put Lindsay in there, but the app wouldn’t let me. For some reason, she was grayed out after battle. :unsure:

• Sad 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I tried to put Lindsay in there, but the app wouldn’t let me. For some reason, she was grayed out after battle. :unsure:

They're keeping the 10th anniversary comeback a secret for now! Or, perhaps she's just moved on to bigger and better things :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

There will be a strong pro-Kenzie, and also a strong anti-Kenzie vote. We’ll see which one of those prevails. If Cam is an option in the finale, I could see much of the anti going to Cam. I’m going to be honest, Kenzie is a very flawed contestant. First and foremost, he lacks charisma. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There will be a strong pro-Kenzie, and also a strong anti-Kenzie vote. We’ll see which one of those prevails. If Cam is an option in the finale, I could see much of of the anti going to Cam. I’m going to be honest, Kenzie is a very flawed contestant. First and foremost, he lacks charisma. 

Hoot was literally a statue lol, but he still won. I agree Cam definitely has more charisma than Kenzie, but remember that apart from being a dream Team Minivan contestant, the latter has a lane for himself due to being the only country artist in the lives, and we all know he can sing live with no problem. He needs help with stage presence, but throughout these two rounds he seems unfazed when he sings. He barely reacted when the 4 chairs turned. That´s a good sign that nerves probably won´t get to him.

Edited by Misirlou

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

We’ll see which one of those prevails. If Cam is an option in the finale, I could see much of the anti going to Cam.

One of Cam's biggest obstacles is that he is an R&B contestant in a R&B-heavy season, whereas there isn't much country this season. The country vote will definitely go to Kenzie but the R&B vote (which isn't as big as it is) will most likely be split up between Cam, Victor/Zania, and Dana (assuming those are the finalists from their respective teams). S15 is obviously the exception but the winner of a season is usually the one in the unique genre, which is country this season. 🧐

Edited by disney1024

4 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Maybe Lindsay pulled a Benson Boone and dropped out of the competition for bigger things lol 😂

Don’t remind me of that... :( My favorites have horrible luck (except Madison got the judges’ save last night :wub:

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Hoot was literally a statue lol, but he still won. I agree Cam definitely has more charisma than Kenzie, but remember that apart from being a dream Team Minivan contestant, the latter has a lane for himself due to being the only country artist in the lives, and we all know he can sing live with no problem. He needs help with stage presence, but throughout these two rounds he seems unfazed when he sings. He barely reacted when the 4 chairs turned. That´s a good sign that nerves probably won´t get to him.

I’m having a difficult time imagining Kenzie expanding his base beyond country. Recent country winners were able to do that. Then, we have the popular country coach telling his fans to vote for Cam, and he will probably kill it every week. Hmmm.....

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

One of Cam's biggest obstacles is that he is an R&B contestant in a R&B-heavy season, whereas there isn't much country this season. The country vote will definitely go to Kenzie but the R&B vote (which isn't as big as it is) will most likely be split up between Cam, Victor/Zania, and Dana (assuming those are the finalists from their respective teams). S15 is obviously the exception but the winner of a season is usually the one in the unique genre, which is country this season. 🧐

The country vote will go to Kenzie, except for those who are loyal to Blake. What about the non-country fans? It remains to be seen whether he can bring those people into the fold    . 

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m having a difficult time imagining Kenzie expanding his base beyond country. Recent country winners were able to do that. Then, we have the popular country coach telling his fans to vote for Cam, and he will probably kill it every week. Hmmm.....

Perhaps, but Blake has to bring out the batsignal first. He still hasn´t done that. He probably will in the KOs though.

As for Kenzie, I´ve seen him be very well recieved so far in all social media, even by non country fans, particularly after his battle yesterday. It´s hard to imagine him having crossover appeal, but who knows, he could surprise in the future. We´ll see.

Either way, we might be looking at our top 2, and I´m confident in both killing it live. So far I think Kenzie will win and Cam will be the runner up. If things might indicate the opposite later, I´ll change my mind.

• Like 2

I feel like Corey/Ryleigh won't close the premiere, that will probably go to Rachel/Zae. 

B: Cam/Connor

K: Corey/Ryleigh (steal)

J: Zania/Rio

B: Jordan/Ethan

J: Victor/Gean

N: Rachel/Zae (steal)

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Perhaps, but Blake has to bring out the batsignal first. He still hasn´t done that. He probably will in the KOs though.

As for Kenzie, I´ve seen him be very well recieved so far in all social media, even by non country fans, particularly after his battle yesterday. It´s hard to imagine him having crossover appeal, but who knows, he could surprise in the future. We´ll see.

Either way, we might be looking at our top 2, and I´m confident in both killing it live. So far I think Kenzie will win and Cam will be the runner up. If things might indicate the opposite later, I´ll change my mind.

Kenzie’s battle didn’t get many views on Facebook, but battles can be weird, so we’ll see. 

If Cam has a moment in the KO as has been reported, and he gets the PV in the PO, I’m moving him to the top of my power ranking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I feel like Corey/Ryleigh won't close the premiere, that will probably go to Rachel/Zae. 

B: Cam/Connor

K: Corey/Ryleigh (steal)

J: Zania/Rio

B: Jordan/Ethan

J: Victor/Gean

N: Rachel/Zae (steal)

If triple-steals didn't close the show almost every time they've happened (Trevin vs. Amanda, Bryan vs. Malik, DR vs. Jackie, etc.) I'd agree - but given how unpredictable Season 20's order for airing things has been, you may be right.

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Kenzie’s battle didn’t get many views on Facebook, but battles can be weird, so we’ll see. 

The highest viewed battle is Rio/Carolina, but the comments are brutal. So yeah, at the end it´s more about individual performances.

Given how TPTB has treated Pete so far, I full expect Cam to get the PV as well now. The only way he doesn´t get it is if he gets stuck with a generic pop song and Pete is given a song similar to his battle one.

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Not me forgetting to take YouTube out of double-speed until Kenzie vs. JD queued up and started playing and I was like "this sounds off" 💀💀

Speaking of something sounding off on that battle, at 0:23 they seriously messed up with the instruments on the editing lol.