What songs would you perform on The Voice?

VoiceFan2577

I'm sure at least some of you have thought about what you'd sing if you were to audition for The Voice.  

Personally, I'd go with Ruth B's "Lost Boy" for the blind auditions, and then maybe Radiohead's "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" in the knockouts, if I were to make it that far. Beyond that, I don't know, except that I think I'd wanna do "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron at some point, maybe in playoffs. I'd probably get cut before that. though

Edited by VoiceFan2577
old username showed in editor

I would love to sing lovely by billie eilish. I actually nearly auditioned way back on Season 12 with that song, but accidents happened, and yeah. I have never heard of someone on TVUS singing lovely, would love to see it in a battle though. If I would like to show off my vocals, my favorite song is Run by Snow Patrol but the Leona Lewis' version, been singing that for years lmao.

I'd go with Chris Cornell's version of Redemption Song

(RIP chris cornell :kalancry:

But knowing my limited baritone range, it will be more realistic if I go with one of Hozier songs that is not 'Take me to church', probably 'Arsonist's Lullaby' or 'To be Alone'.

• Like 2

My options would be Two Ghosts by Harry Styles, The Story by Brandi Carlile, Sunflower by Rex Orange County, and a Coldplay song probably.

If I by some miracle get a four-chair turn on this season in particular, my options would be Kelly>Blake>John>Gwen. I feel like Kelly would be the most interested in my voice type lmao. 

From Eden - Hozier 

Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

A Dustland Fairytale - The Killers
Champagne Supernova - Oasis

If I am forced to pick a coach, I would probably pick Blake.

Edited by Daillon

Of the current lineup, my choices would be Blake > Kelly > Gwen > John for my coach (given that my top two work with contestants post-show, Gwen seems like I'd have a blast working with her, and John and I don't have much in common besides being from the same home state).

I have a lower voice for a woman (my highest note before it gets pitchy is an E5, though technically I can hit a G5 on a good day) so I'd need to stick to some more alto-ish voices or audition with a man's song and make it work for me. 

1. Adele's cover of Make You Feel My Love would be my first choice audition song because it's a cover of an older song so Blake would know it, Adele's range is something I can do comfortably (though I don't have quite the power she does), and folk-based stuff relies more on tone/emotional connection than runs which makes it more up my alley.
  2. John Denver's Sunshine on my Shoulders is a song that means a lot to me, so I'd love to cover it at some point.
  3. If my version wouldn't pale in comparison to Chloe's, Landslide would 100% be a song I'd love to do on the show.
  4. I grew up listening to a lot of country music, so something Carrie Underwood would be fun - not Before He Cheats, since I don't do angry convincingly enough; Temporary Home would be good for an emotional moment, while Last Name would be good for something sassier.
  5. Flipping a male artist's song and making it mine - Sam Smith comes to mind because even though he's been done to death on this show, that means they've got the rights to a lot of his songs and Too Good at Goodbyes is one that hasn't been as overdone.

1 hour ago, antikid said:

It was probably during season 9, someone come thru please, I've seen it after the update though

All I remember of that was that Sugar Jones made an appearance at the end of the post. Other than that, I don't remember much (except that during the blinds/battles/knockouts the performances were montaged)

Sorry if I wasn't a help.