Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART THREE

15. Bitch Better Have My Money (2015 prod. by Deputy + West + Travis Scott + WondaGurl + Kuk Harrell, written by Jamil M. Pierre + Badrilla Bourelly + Robyn Fenty + Jacques Webster + Kanye West + Ebony Oshunrinde)

Album: N/A

tumblr_nqvrn7DiaP1sd7dido1_500.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #15 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #6 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Top Hip-Hop/R&B Albums (Billboard): #5 (Single)

United States Album Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitch_Better_Have_My_Money

RANKINGS:

Dee: 3

Gigi: 16

Derek: 11

Elliott: 1

Megan: 3

Kaley: 17

Wally: 17

Denise: 21

Chris: 19

Rei: 2

Lily: 11

Andy: 15

Andrew: 1

Amanda: 15

JC: 13

Victoria: 20

Public: 21

Final Average = 12.118

COMMENTS

The absolute f*cking disrespect of this song ranking at 15th. Rihanna is at her best here. Period.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, JC said:

WERK, this song is somehow in my bottom half, but I love this song and could definitely groove and grind well to this song, ridiculous that it is ranked so low, but also glad I got so many songs I LOVE into this top 21, even though there were still another 21+ that were robbed.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, #jeah said:

Oh yes, Tom’s favorite song! Sorry but this is a total serve from Rihanna. I distinctly remember when this was released....it didn’t even hit the top 10 on the US charts and it was received pretty poorly by critics, who thought it was a step down from her more radio-friendly lead singles like Only Girl (In the World) and We Found Love. It didn’t even end up making it to her next album, which is sad, because it’s gone on to become one of her most iconic songs. This just oozes with charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. If I knew this song was about me I’d be running to her door with all my life savings, haha. This is Rihanna at her most badass.

On 8/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, *Lily said:

Iconic song, iconic video, iconic bad girl vibes throughout. Really a shining moment in her discography IMO and I'm always excited to see her take a darker edge with her music.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, .Rei said:

Flawless

On 8/19/2020 at 6:44 AM, *Chris said:

Really enjoyed the song when it came out but never really went back to it, that much. And I don't love it as much as the other songs in this Top 20. 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:12 PM, miss denise said:

Not my kind of song at all, unfortunately. I do like the background music and her confident vocals.

On 8/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, taylorkat said:

I used to dislike this when I first heard it, but it grew on me a bit.

On 8/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, *Wallace said:

PNgA.gif

“B*tch Better Have My Money” is kind of a guilty pleasure song…. except I do totally really like it and have no shame about it. I wasn’t expecting to rank it so low at #17 but I just like the other 16 songs more. I do love how gangsta and how hard this song goes. (!) Bword you better have Rihanna’s money because SHE DO NOT PLAY. (!) Some of my favorite parts I love from the song are where she sings: 

Don't act like you forgot, I call the shots, shots, shots

Like blah, brrap, brrap

Pay me what you owe me, don't act like you forgot

A FIRE JAM! :bobo: I am always here for those “pay me what you owe me” and “like blah brrap brrap” parts! :bobo: Ooh but a ~down side to this song…. I do not like the music video at all. It’s a bit gruesome and I could not get through watching the whole thing which is a first and only for a Rihanna video.

14. Where Have You Been (2011 prod. by Dr. Luke + Cirkut + Calvin Harris + Kuk Harrell, written by Ester Dean + Dr. Luke + Calvin Harris + Cirkut + Geoff Mack)

Album: Talk That Talk

TpfU.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #5 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #20 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard): #56 (Single)

US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Latin Tropical Airplay (Billboard): #20 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #3 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 4x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Have_You_Been

RANKINGS:

Dee: 10

Gigi: 18

Derek: 2

Elliott: 10

Megan: 13

Kaley: 14

Wally: 5

Denise: 14

Chris: 13

Rei: 14

Lily: 20

Andy: 5

Andrew: 14

Amanda: 12

JC: 1

Victoria: 13

Public: 15

Final Average = 11.353

COMMENTS

I just love to grind on men when listening to this song while in the club very drunk. The beat and the choreography sell this song. LOVE FOREVER.

IVE BEEN EVERYWHERE WHERE THE EFF HAVE YOU BEEN??? LOOKING FOR YOU BABE, SEARCHING FOR YOU BABE ❤️ I can not, this song gives me life, it slays me, it kills me, it motivates me, it turns me on, it does all of the above and so much more. I am literally rocking out to this song at 2:36am and cannot stop dancing and typing and voguing, I literally saved this writeup for last because I just love this song SO MUCH. Riri really outdid herself with this iconic classic that slays literally everyone, even Bey could never #everyonecumatme This song is just that QUEEN and KING of all Riri songs and would honestly contend very hard for the best song EVER ❤️ Also, who has not had a baby to this song #onlygaypeople

On 8/19/2020 at 6:16 PM, #jeah said:

Instant. Favorite. The moment I heard this song, I knew it would be a smash. There’s this pulsating urgency throughout the song that is irresistible. I absolutely love the Johnny Cash (actually technically Geoff Mack) sample, it’s so obvious but melodically it allows her to jump into that booming chorus seamlessly. This song is straight up club techno and I never thought a song like that would be one of my favorite Rihanna songs but here we are. (I’d probably have this song #7 overall, behind What’s My Name and Fire Bomb) Her vocal performance here is almost desperate, which is cool because we’re usually used to hearing more chill, almost disinterested Rihanna vocally. The build up from the verses to the chorus is everything, and yeah I mean obviously the chorus is the best part of the song. I think this has one of the best climaxes of any of Rih’s hit singles. So yeah it’s no surprise this song made it all the way to #1 as it was made for both the radio and the clubs. Just an outstanding song from Rihanna and this has always been one of my faves.

Another song which I love but don't always go back to as much as the others. Out of the singles from Talk That Talk it's probably the one I listen to the least.

Flawless

Doing this reminded me how much I enjoy this song. 

The vibe of this song is so intense and killer! That beat and build-up! :omg: I mean she's asking a serious question here ("Where have you been?" if you didn't know), but this is kind of a hauntingly fun song. The way she belts WHEREE HAVEE YOUU BEEEN is my favorite. :omg:  The beat after is so sick.

This song never appealed to me.  I find it boring.

tenor.gif

“Where Have You Been” is another one of many Rihanna jams that I absolutely love and have been obsessed and addicted so much when it was out. :wub: This is also my favorite Talk That Talk single by quite a margin. I know people often compare “Where Have You Been”  and “We Found Love” as thy are both Rihanna/Calvin Harris collaborations but I have always been #TeamWHYB all day every day! :bobo: I love how fun and dancey this track is and the energy of it is fantastic!

I love how she builds up the song on the pre-chorus where she sings.

Where have you been?

'Cause I never see you out

Are you hiding from me, yeah?

Somewhere in the ccccrrrroooowwwwdd

Then that chorus is super catchy and addicting…. I love it sooo much.

Where have you been all my life, all my life, life, life, life?

Where have you been all my life?

I also love how she belts out the bridge

You can have me all you want

Any way, any day

:omg: 

SO FUN and DANCEY! :bobo: That dance break beat is sooo good! I really love all of the dancing and choreography Rihanna does in the video. She really slays it! :omg: I also think it’s cool how the song starts off and end with the same verse in the same quiet manner - like it’s starting and ending the song quietly after the major jam session midway through.

13. Rude Boy (2016 prod. by Stargate + Rob Swire, written by Stargate + Ester Dean + Makeba Riddick + Rob Swire + Robyn Fenty)

Album: Rated R

tenor.gif?itemid=4296146

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #32 (Single)

US Tropical Songs (Billboard): #32 (Single)

US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard): #2 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_Boy_(Rihanna_song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 8

Gigi: 2

Derek: 17

Elliott: 20

Megan: 4

Kaley: 9

Wally: 8

Denise: 11

Chris: 20

Rei: 10

Lily: 21

Andy: 11

Andrew: 12

Amanda: 13

JC: 7

Victoria: 9

Public: 9

Final Average = 11.235

COMMENTS

The sex!!!! My second favorite from Rated R. I think this is when I really fell in Rihanna.

LOVE HAVING SEX TO THIS SONG! YET SOMEHOW IT'S NOT #1. Riri is too effing good, even a song this dirty and sexual can't even win in my ranking and not only that but it's under quite a few other songs! RIDIC Riri clearly dethrones Beyonce as my fave artist played so far. Sorry Wally.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, #jeah said:

Lol so actually ranking these songs, I realized this isn’t one of my TOP favorite Rihanna songs, but I’ve always felt like it was whenever I'm listening to it? I just think this is the coolest song, and the most obvious smash from Rated R (that turned out to be true as it was the only song from that album to hit #1 in the US). Her execution here is kinda removed and icy, but that kind of vocal performance from Rihanna always turns into some of my favorite songs (see: Umbrella, Cheers). I love the island vibes going on here. I also think the lyrics represent Rihanna at her most sexual but it doesn’t seem like a gimmick that maybe some of her other songs are plagued with (like S&M, don’t @ me Wally). Idk this just feels like Riri at her most Riri. :haha: And it’s a welcome change of pace in Rated R but still kinda fits the vibe of the album as a whole, like it doesn’t feel out of place. This is a great song and I’m glad I pushed for it to be included in the final vote!

I was kinda vocal about this in the last round when we moved Rude Boy through... I do really like it, it's just never been a huge favorite of mine or one I always go back to. This top 21 is super strong and I like everything including this, so it's tough placing it last!

Flawless

Not a terrible song because she doesn't really have terrible songs, but I never got into this one.

This is so catchy. :bobo:  Although not a song I want to sing along to, but speaking of, I can't listen to this song without thinking of my mom singing "giddy up" because she thought that was the lyric. Anyway, I love the way Rihanna sings on all of this and the way the verse transitions into the chorus is so catchy... as the whole thing is. "Take it, take it, baby, baby, take it, take it, love me, love me" :bobo: Oh and that "love me, love me" near the end is my favorite. ❤️  

tumblr_inline_mg77noRVP61r60asy.gif

Yayy I love “Rude Boy” and this song is such a fire jam! This was also my favorite single from Rated R so I am very pleased it got into the finals as i was really worried this might have missed out. Rihanna is quite…. risqué and demanding on what she wants from her rude boy. I do love how she sings the chorus of the song. I do love everything about this song. I love the verses where she sings:

Tonight

I'm a let you

Be a rider

Giddy up

Giddy up

Giddy up, babe

Then I’m also absolutely LOVE the pre-chorus of the song that goes:

Do you like it boy?

I wa-wa-want

What you wa-wa-want

Give it to me baby

Like boom, boom, boom

What I wa-wa-want

Is what you wa-wa-want

Na, na

Ah, ah

That bridge is so risqué but I love Rihanna’s delivery of it. The music video is a lot of fun too. I lie all of the cinematography and art direction of it…. it has an older feel (like 80s/90s?) to it but still feels so current.

Another one of my jams.  Ester Dean is a genius.

Edited by Deeee

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Just want to let it be known that Victoria always cites the times I did her "dirty" with my rankings. She has now caught up and nearly surpassed me with how horribly she has behaved in these musician rounds!

you know it’s scary when you, Megan, Andrew and myself are all having similar rankings.

• Like 2

I mean Anti really is more of a cohesive statement than an album full of smashes; and with Rihanna being a single’s artist who had a huge string of smashes before Anti was released......I’m not surprised tbh.

Also Needed Me was done dirty and could have been here instead of others 🙂 

Look, in regards to BBHMM; I loan money on the side to make money and for awhile it was working and it was my mantra and then the payments stopped and I have like $10,000 that people still owe me (family members so I know where they live) so the song failed me and I failed the song. :haha:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I mean Anti really is more of a cohesive statement than an album full of smashes; and with Rihanna being a single’s artist who had a huge string of smashes before Anti was released......I’m not surprised tbh.

Also Needed Me was done dirty and could have been here instead of others 🙂 

RT.