Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART FOUR

12. (You Drive Me) Crazy (1999, prod. by David Kreuger + Per Magnusson + Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin + Jörgen Elofsson + Per Magnusson + David Kreuger)

Album: ...Baby One More Time

ZTSm.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #10 (Single)

US Hot Dance Single Sales (Billboard): #24 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #9 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(You_Drive_Me)_Crazy

RANKINGS:

Dee: 15

Gigi: 10

Derek: 13

Sola: 3

Steven: 6

Kaley: 14

Andy: 19

Wally: 4

Denise: 7

Rei: 17

Elliott: 18

Lily: 12

Priscilla: 11

JC: 5

QK: 5

Chris: 17

Victoria: 8

Amanda: 16

Final Average = 11.111

COMMENTS

A timeless classic that is probably way too slept on given that ...Baby One More Time usually gets all the attention. A song that I have loved for many years now.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

you-drive-me-crazy-gif-5.gif

“(You Drive Me) Crazy” is such an iconic song and I am sooo glad and happy that JC advanced this song into the finals. Although I feel like a number of us rankers (including myself) advanced this song in various rounds so we were not gonna let this song go to waste! :haha: I’m going to give this my #4 spot. I am curious who all remembers the album/original version of the song? It’s a fun, cute and really good but The Stop! Remix (which was the single/video version) was the version I felt was much more superior and added some spunk to the song. :wub: I love the edgier arrangement that this song has. It’s so much more fun and hotter. I love the start of the song where she sings: Baby, I'm so into you. You got that somethin', what can I do. :wub:

Then I also really love the chorus that goes:

You drive me crazy 

I just can't sleep 

I'm so excited, I'm in too deep 

Ohh... Crazy, but it feels alright 

Baby, thinkin' of you keeps me up all night 

:bobo: 

I love how the song builds up with Britney shouting “SING IT!” and then “STOP!” and the song stops…. only to get back up and get all fun and pumping again! SOOO good! That bridge is everything and sooo  dang catchy!

You drive me crazy baby

Excited, I'm in too deep

oh...

oh, but it feels alright

Baby, thinkin' of you keeps me up all night!

I really loveee the music video a ton too! It’s sooo fun. I love all of the dancing that Britney and all of those back-up dancers do here. They all kill it here! I especially love the boys vs. girls dance battle after the bridge. :omg: THAT WAS MY PART! :ohyeah: I love how Britney owns her part and does that high kick at the end. Ooh and I do love how Melissa Joan Hart was in the video and how she & Britney had a good working relationship (and I would assume friendship) in Britney’s early career. Britney guest starred on an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch while Melissa guest starred in this music video. This version was of the song was in support of Melissa’s Driving Me Crazy movie too. But yes this was of course another one of Britney’s songs I would listen to a ton and watch the video a ton too…. so I am super glad this is in the finals. :wub:

On 9/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, miss denise said:

So many of these songs take me back and are so nostalgic! This is another one of those. Wally knows and probably wants me to mention how I had a dance recital as a child to this song. :giggle: So without fail, it always takes me back to that time and I think of that. I can never erase that feeling. Nostagia is such a strong thing. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif But aside from that, the song has that classic, old school, catchy Britney feeling that I love. And it also certainly relatable to being crazy about someone. "Baby, I'm so into you, You got that something, what can I do?" :bobo:  The chorus (and whole song) is too good! You just have to sing along. "You drive me crazy, I just can't sleep" :bobo: YOU DRIVE ME CRAAZYYY.  I'm also just realizing how many of my favorite old school Britney songs feature a key change version of the chorus after the bridge. So good. I love the ad-libs too. "BABY THINKIN' OF YOU KEEPS ME UP ALL NIGHT." heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, *Lily said:

Lmao I just have the memory of Sabrina the Teenage Witch being in this video. Anyway... she did that. God, what an incredible collection of singles from that debut album.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, JC said:

Old school iconic song, reminds me of Melissa Joan Hart and her movie but forgot which movie it was because this song is what made it special.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, *Chris said:

I would say that this bop is underrated. 

On 9/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, QueenKalie said:

Love this song

On 9/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, taylorkat said:

It's a second tier favorite.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I actually originally had this in a better position, but then I realized I don’t like the album version as much as the Stop! Remix. The video is iconic though.

11. Break the Ice (2007, prod. by Danja + Jim BEANZ, written by Danja + Jim BEANZ + Keri Hilson + Marcella Araica)

Album: Blackout

tumblr_n5jbe1dYPm1sm3z2xo2_500.gifv

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #43 (Single)

US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #5 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #21 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_the_Ice_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 5

Gigi: 14

Derek: 6

Sola: 19

Steven: 18

Kaley: 1

Andy: 10

Wally: 13

Denise: 12

Rei: 8

Elliott: 4

Lily: 13

Priscilla: 18

JC: 2

QK: 17

Chris: 6

Victoria: 19

Amanda: 11

Final Average = 10.889

COMMENTS

Remember when Britney Spears invented anime with Break the Ice, the hit single from the critically acclaimed Blackout album? Iconic music video. Iconic song. Period.

tumblr_n4i1xc6zRW1tz9tqeo3_250.gif

Yayy I love “Break the Ice” and am pleased to see it make the finals. Thank you Kaley for that! I love the fun sleek sexy edgy feel of this song. The beat and music production and Britney’s vocals are SO HOT! :bobo: I love all of her vocal inflections and changes she does while singing this on the verses. I would say my absolute favorite parts of this song are the pre-chorus and the chorus!

Ooh, looks like we're alone now

You ain't gotta be scared

We're grown now

I'm a hit defrost on you

Let's get it blazin'

We can turn the heat up if you wanna

Turn the lights down low if you wanna

Just wanna move you

But you're frozen

That's what I'm saying

Let me break the ice

Allow me to get you right

Let you warm up to me

Baby I can make you feel

Let me break the ice

Allow me to get you right

Let you warm up to me

Baby I can make you feel

Such a hot and addicting JAM! :bobo: Then from the second verse I really love the part where she sings: You got my heart beating like an 808. Can you rise to the occasion? I'm patiently waiting. Cause it's getting late. And I can't get enough. So let me get it up.

I also remember being so mad and disappointed how we had an animated video for this song instead of an actual video.:dead: Of course I know and understand  why we had an animated video so at least we got that instead of nothing at all. Also the video says “To be continued…” at the end but it never did. Regardless I still love this jam!

Invented anime. Super fun and catchy bop.

I don’t think it has any chance of winning, but it is my favorite Britney song (which is why I used my 2 advances to bring it here). I think it combines all the things I love about classic Britney and more modern Britney into a super catchy pop masterpiece.

Love this song so much, it reminds me of reduxes for some reason, perhaps because I used this song in a dancing redux. anyways, nostalgia ❤️ 

ehh

I like it.

One of my favourite from Blackout. 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Did I mention that Danja was Timbaland's protégé?

I've always loved this song. There is just something about the music, production, and Britney's vocals that are so addicting on this song. It actually has kind of an "icy" feel to it that is appropriate, yet fun? I can't explain. :haha: But I love the feel of it a lot. "Ooh, looks like we're alone now, you ain't gotta be scared we're grown now, I'm a hit defrost on you" :bobo: 

10. Lucky (2000, prod. by Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin + Rami + Alexander Kronlund)

Album: Oops!...I Did It Again

ad2d6d162977b20e7c9be1db6727c7c8.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #23 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #9 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #14 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_(Britney_Spears_song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 13

Gigi: 17

Derek: 10

Sola: 12

Steven: 1

Kaley: 15

Andy: 17

Wally: 14

Denise: 9

Rei: 18

Elliott: 1

Lily: 15

Priscilla: 12

JC: 17

QK: 4

Chris: 2

Victoria: 10

Amanda: 4

Final Average = 10.611

COMMENTS

Lucky is a song that used to make me cry as a child! LOL. I have a deep emotional attachment to Lucky and am really happy that it made the Top 10.

EHozSwQ.giforiginal.gif

Ahh “Lucky.” I love me some classic old school Britney and “Lucky” is certainly one of those songs! :wub: I am glad we got 3 Oops!…I Did It Again tracks on here although “Lucky” is my least favorite of the 3 that made it here which will get my #14 spot. But that’s nothing bad because i still love this and am glad Steven advanced this into the finals. This song/video brings such nostalgia here to me. I think this song does a great job of telling how fame & fortune isn’t all that it is cracked out to be…. and how it doesn’t always guarantee happiness. And what’s even crazier and sad is how this is very relatable to Britney right now and has been for years. :broken: I love how Britney sings this song throughout. I always love the part where she sings Knock, knock, knock on the door. It's time for makeup, perfect smile on the first verse. I also really love the chorus where Britney songs: 

She's so lucky, she's a star

But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking

If there's nothing missing in my life

Then why do these tears come at night

Ahh it’s all so sad there. :(  But then I really love the part on the second verse where she sings: And the world is spinning, and she keeps on winning. But tell me what happens when it stops? and how the music stops there. I also really love the bridge of the song where she sings:

She is so lucky, but why does she cry?

If there's nothing missing in her life

Why do tears come at night?

❤️ And I love the high note she hits after that part too.

I love how this video has two Britneys because the double the better! :wub: There’s the regular sweet storytelling Britney and the Hollywood Diva Britney (aka “Lucky.”)  Lol I love how Britney portrays the Hollywood Britney especially the part where she says “Finally! We’ve done it 15 million times.” :dead:  This song brings such nostalgia and glad to have it in the finals.

This is one of those songs that really hit home the more we got to know Britney and she became even more significant in the public eye. It's a gorgeous song!

I never cared for this song.

Britney's slow songs are not as good as her amazing dancing bops so that's why most of them are low but I like this song.

Great song

One of my all-time favourite - it's a personal song that takes a new meaning when you look at what Britney has been going through. I also remember being obsessed with this performance of hers - watched that concert way too much as a kid . 

This feels like my childhood. This song gives me the biggest wave of nostalgia. Can’t deny the iconic-ness of this song even if it isn’t my fav type of Britney song. I’m ranking it low personally, but won’t be surprised or upset to find it end up on the higher end overall.

Another old school, classic Britney song. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif This song really gets me nostalgic and takes me back. The subject matter is so interesting and makes me feel for her. :broken:  Although this song is relates to the celebrity life style, it still resonates with me in some ways and gets me in the feels. "She is so lucky, but why does she cry? If there is nothing missing in her life, why do tears come at night?" crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif It just goes to show that you never know what someone is going through, despite how things may appear.

Edited by Deeee

Here are the songs that still remain!

...BABY ONE MORE TIME

...Baby One More Time

OOOPS!...I DID IT AGAIN

Oops!...I Did It Again

Stronger

BRITNEY

I'm a Slave 4 U

IN THE ZONE

Toxic

Everytime