Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

7 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

So are we going to talk about how each clone on Orphan Black should be considered a role for Tatiana Maslany? Or at the very least Sarah/Cosima/Alison (arguably Helena and Rachael as well)

Yes Girl GIF

13 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

So are we going to talk about how each clone on Orphan Black should be considered a role for Tatiana Maslany? Or at the very least Sarah/Cosima/Alison (arguably Helena and Rachael as well)

:yes::yes: 

I’ll sign up for this round (Ryan Reynolds), and most of the ones coming up I should be good to do as well 👍

Okay, so apparently Tessa Thompson is like the only openly queer black actor to have starred in at least 25 roles in film/tv. So because I think she has a more amazing filmography over my other two choices (Idris Elba and Queen Latifah), I'll choose Viola Davis.

• Like 2

I want to suggest Timothee Chalamet but I am not sure he has enough lead role credits. How do you guys search for that? I was using IMDB but that shows every single tiny role.

17 minutes ago, JC said:

I want to suggest Timothee Chalamet but I am not sure he has enough lead role credits. How do you guys search for that? I was using IMDB but that shows every single tiny role.

I use Wikipedia and he doesn't have enough roles.

• Sad 1

15. NIA PALMER - MURDER ON THE 13TH FLOOR (2012)

IMDB's plot description: "A neglectful mother concocts a plan to kill her live-in nanny when she discovers the nanny is having an affair with her husband." Tessa Thompson plays the role of the nanny. I couldn't find an individual scene, so here's the trailer for the film.

Anne - 12

Alex - 13 - The amount of campy horror Tessa had to do before she had her breakout...proud of you gurl!

Elliott - 14 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

Megan - 14

Dee - 15

14. BECCA - RED & BLUE MARBLES (2011)

54070300_209215bcd2_b.jpg

Red & Blue Marbles is listed in Tessa Thompson's filmography, but I can't find any video or images from this film. All there is is this description from IMDB: "Five Grad students must decide whether to stay on a dying Earth or sell themselves into a 'corporate slavery' for transit to Mars." Since I couldn't find any images for this film, I just included a photo of literal red and blue marbles.

Alex - 9 - This mysterious movie :wub:. The description sounds like such campy fun.

Elliott - 11 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

Dee - 13

Anne - 15

Megan - 15

13. CLAIRE - EVERYDAY BLACK MEN (2010)

Wikipedia has a vague plot summary of Everyday Black Men: "It is a story about deception and a man's struggle to save his daughter." The film focuses on the character Moses. He had a violent past, but has since walked away from that life and became a community man. Tessa plays Claire, is his daughter. However, she does not know he is her father. Moses feels like he cannot tell her due to his past and wants to keep that a secret.

Alex - 11 - Tessa looks stunning in this trailer obviously. Never seen it, might check it out though!

Dee - 11

Anne - 13

Megan - 13

Elliott - 15 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

12. WALLIS - GRANTHAM & ROSE (2014)

Grantham & Rose tells the story of a young man named Grantham in juvenile detention agreeing to go on a spontaneous road trip with an elderly woman named Rose. Tessa apparently plays Grantham's love interest, which you can see in the clip above.

Elliott - 9 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

Anne - 11

Megan - 12

Dee - 14

Alex - 15 - Starring DWTS legend Jake T. Austin how did I miss this . Tessa falling for Jake? It's just not realistic...

11. KARI PETERSON - MISSISSIPPI DAMNED (2009)

Plot summary from Wikipedia: "Taking place in 1986 and 1998 and based on a true story, three poor black kids in rural Mississippi reap the consequences of their family's cycle of abuse, addiction, and violence. They independently struggle to escape their circumstances and must decide whether to confront what's plagued their family for generations or succumb to the same crippling fate, forever damned in Mississippi." Tessa Thompson plays Kari, and here is some detail about her character: "Kari, a talented pianist who has delayed college for years to take care of her cancer-stricken mother, is waiting to hear if she has been accepted by a musical conservatory. As she struggles to save money for school, she feels bound by family and friends, most of whom have no money to lend her or are financially dependent on her." It seems like a heavy film, and you can see an emotional confrontation between two sisters in the clip above.

Anne - 10

Dee - 10

Megan - 11

Elliott - 12 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

Alex - 14 - Omg Michael Hyatt in a lead role? Queen! This film looks sooooooo melodramatic. Probably a bit #much for me.

18 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Okay, so apparently Tessa Thompson is like the only openly queer black actor to have starred in at least 25 roles in film/tv. So because I think she has a more amazing filmography over my other two choices (Idris Elba and Queen Latifah), I'll choose Viola Davis.

Viola Davis would be a great choice. 😮 

And I would love to take part in a Queen Latifah round if that ever happens. ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

You should request someone so there's a round you want to do!

Oooh I thought I had to wait later on, as I haven't been a ranker. :haha: I'll come up with some suggestions later on. I just worry people won't like them. :haha: 

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

Does this mean you’ll be signing up for the Ryan Reynolds round?

I don't think I know enough of his roles to properly participate. :blushingwave: