If certain artists switched seasons or coaches

QueenMae16

On 7/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, jus.vshn said:

If Toneisha was with John in season 16

Then Toneisha wouldn't be jack, country buried that season and her underwhelming vocals couldn't do anything to even get close to the win. Maelyn still wins over Gyth/Dexter/Andrew.

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

I think some people are overestimating Toneisha’s voting power. Personally I don’t think she would have made finale in previous seasons.

She might have in the team-based first two seasons (who also had different audience demographics) but it's not likely and we have no way of running parallel tests to find out if that's true or not. 

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Daillon said:

I think some people are overestimating Toneisha’s voting power. Personally I don’t think she would have made finale in previous seasons.

Absolutely. Her social media numbers were terrible. Her runner-up finish was purely Team Blake flexing their muscles. We see this almost every season 

30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Absolutely. Her social media numbers were terrible. Her runner-up finish was purely Team Blake flexing their muscles. We see this almost every season 

hmmm I think that her doing better than any African-american in the past (including many team Blakers) actually had to do with the fact that she never oversang. since she didn't oversing, people couldn't label her a screamer, and she got the same votes from people who would normally vote for oversingers like Kyla, and she also got the vote from people who wouldn't normally vote for someone like Kyla, because they liked that she didn't oversing

On 8/5/2020 at 12:24 AM, ashwinner said:

hmmm I think that her doing better than any African-american in the past (including many team Blakers) actually had to do with the fact that she never oversang. since she didn't oversing, people couldn't label her a screamer, and she got the same votes from people who would normally vote for oversingers like Kyla, and she also got the vote from people who wouldn't normally vote for someone like Kyla, because they liked that she didn't oversing

Facts

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Actually, that is her disadvantage had the live stage set-up happened. She will quickly lose interest of the voters, as I've felt she was bland compared to Kyla and other AA divas, performance and stage impact wise. The most appealing about her is her backstory, which they kept on showing lmao for god's sake. The song choices of the others probably did not also helped. Also, there were not any of her likes on her season, doing her favors. She was the only girl on the finale, probably pulling the votes that were supposedly for the other girls.

If she has competed against Kyla, Rose, and the others AA divas, she's a toast. I could not imagine her staying long on Season 15 or 17 for example. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Actually, that is her disadvantage had the live stage set-up happened. She will quickly lose interest of the voters, as I've felt she was bland compared to Kyla and other AA divas, performance and stage impact wise. The most appealing about her is her backstory, which they kept on showing lmao for god's sake. The song choices of the others probably did not also helped. Also, there were not any of her likes on her season, doing her favors. She was the only girl on the finale, probably pulling the votes that were supposedly for the other girls.

If she has competed against Kyla, Rose, and the others AA divas, she's a toast. I could not imagine her staying long on Season 15 or 17 for example. 

oh I totally agree that she wasn't as great as the AA divas you mentioned, but I think that the fact that she was toned down did do her some good, among the other things you mentioned

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Mari from S16 would have definitely gone further on another season, and Rod Stokes from the same season would have made the finale as well on another one.

ugh queen MARI was finale material if her coach didn't screw up and she didn't get lost in the mess of S16. "My, My, My!?" really?!?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Mari from S16 would have definitely gone further on another season, and Rod Stokes from the same season would have made the finale as well on another one.

I feel like if Mari was with Nick Jonas, he would be able to direct her both musically and stylistically, giving her good song choices. She would have gone far, and I cannot believe she didn’t win the IS

Rod and Kelly was definitely a good pairing, his T13 + T8 performances were so good! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

I feel like if Mari was with Nick Jonas, he would be able to direct her both musically and stylistically, giving her good song choices. She would have gone far, and I cannot believe she didn’t win the IS

Rod and Kelly was definitely a good pairing, his T13 + T8 performances were so good! 

Yeah, I feel like this is a unpopular opinion, but I really liked Rod. His T13 performance was great, his duet with Maelyn was flawless as well. I also liked his T8 performance. Queen Mari should of at least made it to the T8 instead of Kim Cherry like what the hell😡. I would have really liked a finale with Shawn, Mari, Rod and Maelyn.

• Like 2

Mari had the misfortune of being in a short, country driven season on the least popular coach´s team. And it sucks because she chose him before the whole robe incident (since the blinds of S16 were filmed before S15 ended), and didn´t have a chance to go to another team.

6 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Also that "Work It Out" lmao John 😂 

tbh Adam was her coach but I didn't watch S16 actually (just on YT), so idk if im missing smth. I actually thought this performance was p good

2 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

idk about mari and nick, they seem so different, but anything but Adam (and probably John) woulda been better fs. 

21 minutes ago, randomgirl said:

Yeah, I feel like this is a unpopular opinion, but I really liked Rod. His T13 performance was great, his duet with Maelyn was flawless as well. I also liked his T8 performance. Queen Mari should of at least made it to the T8 instead of Kim Cherry like what the hell😡. I would have really liked a finale with Shawn, Mari, Rod and Maelyn.

Totally agree, Rod was prob the best country person that season, and I actually didn't mind him. I think a Shawn, Mari, Rod, Maelyn finale would have been great!

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Mari had the misfortune of being in a short, country driven season on the least popular coach´s team. And it sucks because she chose him before the whole robe incident (since the blinds of S16 were filmed before S15 ended), and didn´t have a chance to go to another team.

ugh ADAM screwing up the iconic Mari's chance at success 😠 I will never forget this

1 hour ago, randomgirl said:

Tbh I feel like saying you like Rod is less likely to get you in controversy on here than, say, being a Gyth fan - I can think of at least a few Rod fans on here (myself included). 

As for Mari's match - I think John would've been a smarter choice but she had no way of knowing that being on Adam's team was going to be that much of an uphill battle for S16's contestants.

One theory I've seen tossed around YouTube - how do y'all think Jej would've done with Blake? He was the first coach to turn by a good bit, he's won with an R&B artist before, and his fanbase provides boosts to those who normally might not make it far (see: Kim Cherry).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Tbh I feel like saying you like Rod is less likely to get you in controversy on here than, say, being a Gyth fan - I can think of at least a few Rod fans on here (myself included). 

Rod wasn´t exactly loved here , but he was respected to say the least, mainly because he didn´t go country like the rest of his peers. Not to mention he went up against the frontrunner on the Cross Battles and survived. I´m a fan of his as well.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

One theory I've seen tossed around YouTube - how do y'all think Jej would've done with Blake? He was the first coach to turn by a good bit, he's won with an R&B artist before, and his fanbase provides boosts to those who normally might not make it far (see: Kim Cherry).

In that short season, I think he would have still been eliminated on T13 like he did, also given that most of his fanbase were overseas. On a longer season with Blake, he probably would have lasted till T10.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Not to mention he went up against the frontrunner on the Cross Battles and survived.

Fun fact, Rod went against the top 2 of that season (Gyth in the battle and Maelyn in the CB) and survived. :haha:

Edited by Archanium

On 8/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, Misirlou said:

Rod wasn´t exactly loved here , but he was respected to say the least, mainly because he didn´t go country like the rest of his peers. Not to mention he went up against the frontrunner on the Cross Battles and survived. I´m a fan of his as well.

In that short season, I think he would have still been eliminated on T13 like he did, also given that most of his fanbase were overseas. On a longer season with Blake, he probably would have lasted till T10.

We never know maybe Blake would've given him great songs which could've showcased his full vocal power . Blake said it in the blinds I WOULD LOVE IT FOR YOU TO STAY IN A BOX , but as we know after his audition and battle his song choices kind of changed his style  I mean just compare Passionfruit with Close you'll know what I am saying . So I think with Blake maybe he would've reached the Finale or could've possibly won as we all know TEAM BLAKE Fanbase , Maelyn won that season firstly because there were three male country artists in the finale ( Vote split ) and secondly ,  she won the Apple bonus twice in a row so she had her votes multiplied by 10 . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

We never know maybe Blake would've given him great songs which could've showcased his full vocal power . Blake said it in the blinds I WOULD LOVE IT FOR YOU TO STAY IN A BOX , but as we know after his audition and battle his song choices kind of changed his style  I mean just compare Passionfruit with Close you'll know what I am saying . So I think with Blake maybe he would've reached the Finale or could've possibly won as we all know TEAM BLAKE Fanbase , Maelyn won that season firstly because there were three male country artists in the finale ( Vote split ) and secondly ,  she won the Apple bonus twice in a row so she had her votes multiplied by 10 . 

Vote spilt has been shown to be less of a thing than previously assumed (see: S15 also had three country artists and one of them won, though Chevel wasn't Team Blake so that distinction likely helped her at least a little bit). The streaming bonus likely did help, but looking back at the cross-battles there were few artists that didn't have at least a couple hiccups during their performance - Maelyn was one of them. 

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll bet Rod wasn’t singing those songs by choice. Everything on his Youtube channel is country (or at least was at the time). On Blake’s team, he was a sure finalist, IMO. 

If it helped him stand out somehow, I doubt he'd complain - plus soft rock and soul are similar enough to country that it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to give him artists in those genres that utilize the same gruff/raspy quality he had in his voice but still feel like it might be something you'd hear on a country-inspired playlist. On Blake's team, he'd have been finale bound, but the Instant Save isn't a bad way to go out either. I still find it kind of ironic that the one coach that didn't turn for him in the blinds is the coach whose team he ended up representing for most of the voting period of the show (and of the non-Blake coaches Kelly was the best match genre-wise).

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Vote spilt has been shown to be less of a thing than previously assumed (see: S15 also had three country artists and one of them won, though Chevel wasn't Team Blake so that distinction likely helped her at least a little bit). The streaming bonus likely did help, but looking back at the cross-battles there were few artists that didn't have at least a couple hiccups during their performance - Maelyn was one of them. 

If it helped him stand out somehow, I doubt he'd complain - plus soft rock and soul are similar enough to country that it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to give him artists in those genres that utilize the same gruff/raspy quality he had in his voice but still feel like it might be something you'd hear on a country-inspired playlist. On Blake's team, he'd have been finale bound, but the Instant Save isn't a bad way to go out either. I still find it kind of ironic that the one coach that didn't turn for him in the blinds is the coach whose team he ended up representing for most of the voting period of the show (and of the non-Blake coaches Kelly was the best match genre-wise).

I’m gonna have to disagree. If you’re a country singer, be a country singer. I don’t think those song choices added to his vote total. Blake would have never given him those, and I’ll bet Kelly didn’t either. TPTB was trying to bus him. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I think that comparing vote split between those two seasons is kind of unfair. 

Chris kroeze is country-blues (or whatever the term is idk lmfao), Chevel is country-pop, and Kirk is p much straight country w/ a lot of emotion (and that goaty thing people talk about [even though I like him oops]).

they're all very different, so they drew from different groups.

meanwhile, in S16, Dexter, Andrew, and Gyth were in similar "straight up country" territory, leading to vote split there. 

this is just my opinion, I hate to say it, but Maelyn, while of course deserving of the win (I'm listening to her compilation of performances rn!), might have lost to the others if it were a Shawn-Mari-Country Guy-Maelyn finale? Idk, she's an icon so maybe she woulda done it anyway