If certain artists switched seasons or coaches

QueenMae16

Discuss what would have happened if certain artists competed in past or future seasons or even the same season with a different coach if they turned more than 1 chair.

I'll start:

I think Allegra Miles(S18) would have won in S14 replacing Brynn on Kelly's team, she would be a 1-chair turn assuming Blake remains unimpressed as in S18. Kelly would know what to do with her better than Nick. An Allegra/Spensha/Britton/Kyla finale would be the final 4 if she replaced Brynn.

If Addison Agen competed in S16 instead of her original season(S13) she would receive 1-chair turn from Adam, assuming John wouldn't turn as Miley is gone now. 

Addison I think would face a middle-tier opponent in the cross-battles and even with Adam's major fiasco from S15, she would win her X-battle. I think she COULD make the Top 8 overall PV in the Top 24 Playoffs, especially with "Angel From Montgomery" but if not then she would receive Adam's save, however Top 8 Semi-finals may be her ceiling tbh.

Edited by QueenMae16

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Wondering how some of the earlier winners (the first four in particular) would've done if they'd auditioned in 2018/19 vs. 2011-13, given how the show's evolved since the beginning.

Agreed, like would Jermaine or Danielle still win against TCO's of like Brynn and Maelyn?

40 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Discuss what would have happened if certain artists competed in past or future seasons or even the same season with a different coach if they turned more than 1 chair.

I'll start:

I think Allegra Miles(S18) would have won in S14 replacing Brynn on Kelly's team, she would be a 1-chair turn assuming Blake remains unimpressed as in S18. Kelly would know what to do with her better than Nick. An Allegra/Spensha/Britton/Kyla finale would be the final 4 if she replaced Brynn.

If Addison Agen competed in S16 instead of her original season(S13) she would receive 1-chair turn from Adam, assuming John wouldn't turn as Miley is gone now. 

Addison I think would face a middle-tier opponent in the cross-battles and even with Adam's major fiasco from S15, she would win her X-battle. I think she COULD make the Top 8 overall PV in the Top 24 Playoffs, especially with "Angel From Montgomery" but if not then she would receive Adam's save, however Top 8 Semi-finals may be her ceiling tbh.

I absolutely love Maelyn, but I think Addison would've deserved a win over her 

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Replace Brynn with Danielle, and Kelly still wins the season. Not Allegra, though. LOL

honestly, Allegra appeared to be like an upgraded Brynn at first, but her support slowly fizzled out while Brynn's increased a lot.

Just now, ashwinner said:

honestly, Allegra appeared to be like an upgraded Brynn at first, but her support slowly fizzled out while Brynn's increased a lot.

Well, Brynn was two years younger, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but Allegra’s enunciation is a deal killer for too many people. I went back several times to listen to more of her covers. I really tried, but I couldn’t get past it. If she can fix that over time, I think she can be pretty good. 

- Mendeleyev would've singlehandedly saved season 17 with a better coach. 

- Allegra would've done better with Kelly in a Kelly-friendly season. 

- Micah, and Zan would've placed exactly the same with any coach in any season. 

- So many people from team Blake wouldn't even make top 10 with any other coach/season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

I absolutely love Maelyn, but I think Addison would've deserved a win over her 

HOW YOU DARE? 😶

I think except for Season 5 and 10 (which I really don't know how would end), Queen Maelyn would win all of the other seasons 😍

If she managed to beat 3 country males artists from Blake, everything is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eidi said:

HOW YOU DARE? 😶

I think except for Season 5 and 10 (which I really don't know how would end), Queen Maelyn would win all of the other seasons 😍

If she managed to beat 3 country males artists from Blake, everything is possible.

oh my... imagine a finale 3 of Tessanne/Alisan/Maelyn....

I think Maelyn would win tbh, her set and progression seemed stronger than Alisan and Tessanne.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eidi said:

HOW YOU DARE? 😶

blake lost because having 3 artist in the finale split his vote. tptb probably want john to win since it's his first season eventhough maelyn would win woth anx other coach

10 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I think if Kyla Jade is in Jennifer's team, that would be amazing. But still, I'm not sure if she'll win though 😂

She would have probably missed the finale then. Or would have needed the instant save to get there. Minivan didn´t like Jennifer at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

She would have probably missed the finale then. Or would have needed the instant save to get there. Minivan didn´t like Jennifer at all.

Yeah, which is sad because she's got strong artists in her team during her season. She's also a good coach :(( I just don't get it why they don't like her 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, Brynn was two years younger, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but Allegra’s enunciation is a deal killer for too many people. I went back several times to listen to more of her covers. I really tried, but I couldn’t get past it. If she can fix that over time, I think she can be pretty good. 

at first, the enunciation wasn't a big problem for me, but the more performances i saw from her the more i disliked it. by the time she sang "Overjoyed", I really couldn't take it anymore.

14 hours ago, eidi said:

HOW YOU DARE? 😶

actually, she won because there were 3 country male artists. Now, don't take this as something against Maelyn, because she is a legend and obviously deserved that win, but if it were just one of the country male artists, Minivan would've voted them into the win. However, because it was split into 3 different country artists, Maelyn was able to rise up to get her rightful win.

24 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

actually, she won because there were 3 country male artists. Now, don't take this as something against Maelyn, because she is a legend and obviously deserved that win, but if it were just one of the country male artists, Minivan would've voted them into the win. However, because it was split into 3 different country artists, Maelyn was able to rise up to get her rightful win.

I don't believe it tbh, her set would have still wiped the floor with Gyth!

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Gyth would still be tragic in the finale. 😂

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

she deserved it, cause she's a queen, but... minivan might not have :(

I believe her set still will have destroyed him. Besides her s16 domination, she would have also shattered Jake Hoot in S17 and especially Todd Tilghman in S18.

I mean she already has, but at least she would get in on the votes :haha:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Vote-splitting used to be an IDF myth until it got debunked in season 15.

Season 15 results:

Winner: Chevel Shepherd (country) 

Runner-up: Chris Kroeze (country-blues) 

3rd place: Kirk Jay (country) 

4th place: Kennedy Holmes (pop) 

Kennedy not even getting 3rd place is very telling. If such thing as country vote-splitting exists, then a rock solid, unified country vote should exist as well, which clearly isn't the case, because Red Marlow (4th) and Spensha Baker (also 4th) exist. 

Team Minivan describes a significant group of voters, but that doesn't necessarily mean hardcore country voters. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, echoap said:

- Mendeleyev would've singlehandedly saved season 17 with a better coach. 

- Allegra would've done better with Kelly in a Kelly-friendly season. 

- Micah, and Zan would've placed exactly the same with any coach in any season. 

Mendeleyev picking John is the biggest head-scratcher for me personally - on the one hand, the EGOT status is a draw; on the other, what exactly could John have done for him as a coach? I'm not saying he should've been on Blake or Kelly's teams but he could've destroyed Hoot with minimal effort even sans going country

Allegra's enunciation would've been a killer here but she could've made it at least to the semifinals of S14/15/17.

100% agree with Micah and Zan not having too much change.

48 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Mendeleyev picking John is the biggest head-scratcher for me personally - on the one hand, the EGOT status is a draw; on the other, what exactly could John have done for him as a coach? I'm not saying he should've been on Blake or Kelly's teams but he could've destroyed Hoot with minimal effort even sans going country

Ikr? If he had picked Blake or Kelly (even Gwen ffs!), TPTB would have pimped him reasonable well. Votes aren't a problem for that type of contestant. 

Allegra's enunciation would've been a killer here but she could've made it at least to the semifinals of S14/15/17.

TPTB wouldn't have pimped her enunciation in a Kelly-friendly season. TPTB's edit put strong emphasis on that, not allowing the audience decide by themselves. This is just my opinion btw. 

100% agree with Micah and Zan not having too much change.

:yes:

10 minutes ago, echoap said:

Ikr? If he had picked Blake or Kelly (even Gwen ffs!), TPTB would have pimped him reasonable well. Votes aren't a problem for that type of contestant. 

The only reason I didn't list Gwen is because then he would've been the same team as Rose and I refuse to pick between them, but that could've been a heck of a coach/contestant pairing.

• Like 1