Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

KATHY SLECKMAN

latest?cb=20120616071059

I did not really remember her, but looking at her bio, it looks like she left the game and quit, so she deserves this cut. It looks like she was doing pretty well otherwise so girl should have stuck it out. She is from Wisconsin so GO PACKERS! Honestly I was probably going to cut Stephanie but then she looked like Gloria from Modern Family so I was like, I can't cut Gloria so she got to stay and Kathy was the unlucky next recipient even though I like midwestern people and usually root for them. Anyways, Kathy left in the middle of the game so she won quite a few challenges and apparently was aligned with Yau Man. I just realized she kind of looks like Kathy Griffin which makes me regret eliminating her but this write up is already done so sorry girl but bye.

I personally don't consider Kathy a quit. I feel she was medically evacuated for her mental health, which is just as important as her physical health. This was the longest she went off her meds and she was threatening to chop her fingers off with a machete. She never should've been out there in the first place.

Just now, Alex95 said:

I personally don't consider Kathy a quit. I feel she was medically evacuated for her mental health, which is just as important as her physical health. This was the longest she went off her meds and she was threatening to chop her fingers off with a machete. She never should've been out there in the first place.

Pretty much.

She's considered a quit in the sense she did quit, but it was only after her tribemates helped her cope with that title compared to her intended plan of chopping her fingers to get medically evacuated. She said in her AMA on Reddit a while back that she lied to production about being on anti-depressants because she was worried they wouldn't put her on the show if she was on medication. It was a sad story because she was a genuine fan and seemed like she wanted to enjoy the experience, but her going cold turkey off her medicine ruined it for her. :(

GARRETT ADELSTEIN (Survivor: Cagayan)

tumblr_n2714x1hpH1s4ozyjo2_400.gif

7c40q.gif

He is certainly attractive, without a doubt. I wish he didn't suck so bad at Survivor so that we could have seen him in the game a bit longer but he commited imo the worst Survivor crime you can in the game which is, trying to control people by keeping everyone at camp and not letting them go off and talk/strategize. That's just stupid and imo kinda screams control freak in real life too. Garrett was part of the now infamous Brains tribe, one of the worst pre-merge tribes ever that produced three of the biggest modern Survivor names that we have - Spencer, Kass, and Tasha. Garrett was one of the early casualties. I did find him entertaining, being the poker player who ~can read people~ and yet didn't survive past 6 days lmao. Oh well, out he goes.

Saving: David Wright

Remaining Nominee's:

Brandon Hantz (South Pacific)

Jacob Derwin (Ghost Island)

Joe Mena (HvHvH)

Stephanie Gonzalez (Ghost Island)

@*Amanda @Steven_

Once Amanda and Steven is done.  Amanda can post the last set of nominations for this cycle.  Then we can do the cycle 1 challenge!

Edited by Solaris

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

Also, why are people using their private immunities this cycle? 😬😬

I didn’t have enough time to do a 100-word write up in order to save Brenda and I wasn’t sure if anyone else would cut her. :haha: 

JACOB DERWIN

giphy.gif

tumblr_p4ycuwW0tW1wu1zhco1_400.gifv

Jacob isn't my least favorite of the remaining nominees, but there's too much to say about Brandon Hantz. I'll leave his write-up to someone else. Jacob Derwin competed on Survivor: Ghost Island. He is a Survivor super fan, and he even wrote articles for the fan site Inside Survivor before competing on the show himself. He was placed on the Malolo tribe, a tribe he prematurely claimed was "one of the best tribes of all time." Jacob made the mistake of playing too hard too fast, and he quickly found himself on the outs as no one could trust him. In addition, he was viewed as a challenge liability, making the odds of him surviving Malolo's first tribal council even worse. He tried to find an immunity idol, but he had no luck. However, after Malolo lost the first immunity challenge, he was given a reprieve as he was the very first castaway sent to Ghost Island. Upon his arrival, he received the Legacy Advantage. He had to will it to another tribe member on the opposite tribe, and he chose Morgan. Jacob returned to camp, and he came up with a lie that he received an immunity idol. However, the other castaways realized Jacob was lying when he was unable to produce the note that came with a hidden immunity idol. Malolo lost immunity again, and Jacob tried to get the votes on Michael. Stephanie Johnson humored him by pretending to consider his plan, but she joined the others in voting Jacob out of the game. It's a shame when super fans don't do well in the game. However, it goes to show that social skills will always be more beneficial than super fan knowledge of the game. Hopefully Jacob is still able to enjoy Survivor nowadays despite his very short and unsuccessful time in the game. Sorry to Jacob, but out he goes from the rankdown.

And I guess I'll save Stephanie Gonzalez.

Sbfhls.gif

Joe Mena

latest?cb=20170928093543

Both of my options are awful, but I literally remember nothing about Joe so I guess that's a sign I should cut him. And he ended up doing decent on HHH, placing 8th overall. He used 2 immunity idols. the second of which was essentially useless because he played it on himself but the majority targeted Jessica instead so he didn't end up receiving any votes anyway. He was on the outside of the majority alliance and tried to turn himself into a goat to take to the final 3, but that didn't work clearly. TBH, the HHH season Is one in a long stretch of seasons in the 30's that are just not good and I don't care much about it other than knowing I'm a fan of Chrissy and don't care about Ben at all, so this is an easy decision to make. If anyone wants to dive into more specifics on him, go ahead.

SAVING: Brandon Hantz

Thanks @*Amanda  You can nominate anytime now.  

Immune for Amanda's round:

Missy Byrd

Chrissy Hofbeck

Kass McQuillen

Ben Driebergen

Stacey Powell

J.P. Calderon

Tony Vlachos

Christina Cha

Natalie Anderson

Susie Smith

Sabrina Thompson