Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

140926-stern-pride-tease_ftpwhc

tumblr_pksf3v3Hze1qkrmk9o4_r1_500.gifv

I do like Pride well enough, but I feel this is a good spot for this moving, considering I didn’t have to fight too much for it to make it far - out of the remaining nominated movies, I feel the most comfortable cutting it as I don't feel like being a control freak and cutting movies I love.

Anyway, Pride is a 2014 comedy-drama based on a true story – it is about a group of gay & lesbian activist helping families affected by the British miners’ strike in 1984. The movie depicts the opposition the group faces from the mining community who do not want to be associated with them & vice-versa. The group take their donations themselves to a village in Wales & their cause starts to take off following the gratitude of the spokesperson of the miners. Eventually, they make their way to the village where they are met with a cold reception from everyone – the village eventually started to acknowledge the important of LGSM’s role when they help to demand the release of illegally detained miners. But that was short lived when they decided to refuse their support from going forward which lead one of the leader to abandon the LGSM movement.

Overall, the movie was well-made and met with critically acclaimed reviews – I find this review does a perfect job at describing the movie : "dry, surprising, compassionate, politically savvy, emotionally rewarding and stacked to the gills with great actors doing solid work".

SAVING: MONSIEUR LAZHAR

Hearts Beat Loud

Since I received no offers didn't check my offers in time, I guess I'm gonna have to do a write up myself. Pray for me in this time of need. Onto the movie, it's a comedy movie that was released in 2018 during Sundance Film Festival, directed by Brett Haley with performances by Nick Offerman, Kiersey Clemons, Ted Danson, Sasha Lane, Blythe Danner and Toni Collette (an icon, I might watch just bc of this). The tl;dr is that's it's a very much a feel good story, centered around a dad that owns a record store and tries to convince his daughter to start a band with him after he uploaded a song they recorded to Spotify. What I heard from the soundtrack isn't that great (the song works more through strength of the production than the entire thing being good), but it could be far worse ig. The song has a solid reception on RT and MC, but nothing amazing by what I'm reading, just a well-done feel good story. So yeah, out it goes.

Save: Tom at the Farm

• Sad 1

Just now, .Rei said:

I though Chris would have asked you to save Tom at the Farm and give you a write-up so I didn't even try 

but I'm also too lazy to do write-ups so that wouldn't have happened either :haha:

LOL are you too lazy to post nominations before I start a school training? 👀

source.gif

Zootopia

LOLOLOL I tried to do a gif search and my wi-fi. Is so bad. This gif took MINUTES to load and I had to add it in after I finished the rest of my write-up. Anyway, Zootopia is one of Disney's latest animated ventures and it's a good movie. But I think it's a movie that falls apart under scrutiny especially in the year of our Lord 2020. I mean. It's making the analogy that prey:white people and predators:black people in this movie. Also in 2020 we know that cops are bad and thus a movie that focuses on animal cops. Just doesn't age well. Also I saw this AWFUL Zootopia abortion comic and now I can never look at this movie the same way.

Anyway, the movie is about a rabbit named Judy Hopps who wants to become the first bunny police officer. She succeeds and then is put on like boring jobs like parking tickets. (TRULY SCUM). She teams up with Nick Wilde to try and discover who is responsible for the missing predators who have gone wild. Turns out it's the assistant mayor who is a sheep and is highly prejudiced against predators. Cool. Cool. Cool. It's a well-written movie if a little too on the nose and a movie that doesn't particularly age well though I think that's not necessarily the fault of the movie itself but rather the circumstances of the country. 

Saving: Scott Pilgrim