Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

GEORGETTE

f2713622da8c356245cfdb56d590fa44.gif

Another character from Oliver & Company bites the dust; similarily to Kay, I don't really care for the movie & it's probably one of the movie that I am the least familiar with. In the movie, Georgette is the definition of privilege - she lived a life of luxury where she's known for winning competition. She is seen as vain, spoiled and very self-centred; it's not surprising that she is seen as one of the antagonist & anti-heroine of the movie.  We start seeing all those characteristics when she starts showing jealousy with the arrival of Oliver in the family - he's getting all the attention. Anyway, I am living for Georgette's look but unfortunately that is not enough for me to save her - she's not really an important character in the wonderful world of Disney so I doubt anyone will be upset by this cut.

SAVING: ZEUS

Mayor Lionheart

tumblr_inline_p5sxspbQHx1ujuzmm_500.gifv

Mayor Lionheart is considered a major character in the film which was released in 2016. I would classify more him as a minor character, but oh well. He is described as a blowhard (DYING), yet charismatic lion that served as the mayor of Zootopia. His full name is Leodore Lionheart and he is the 52nd mayor of Zootopia. He partakes in illegal activities in regards to the animals going savage but he uses the guise of doing what's best for the city. He was arrested but it's not certain whether he was released once Assistant Mayor Bellwether was arrested. This is more than a fair spot for Lionheart.

Save: Bullseye

Edited by 1234567890

Mrs. Ladybug

Marc on Twitter: "Get you a Miss Ladybug who can do both https://t ...

From the movie James and the Giant Peach (1996)

516?cb=20171013082859

Voiced by Jane Leeves

Jane Leeves - IMDb

Mrs. Ladybug appears in Disney's version of Roald Dahl's novel of the same name (WTF I thought his name was Ronald but it's Roald? what kind of Berenstain Bears witchcraft is this???). I must admit that it's been a long while since I've seen this movie, and the summary of this character reads like a randomizer put it together. They're on a journey to New York City and are attacked by a robot shark and a rhino and they capture aunt sponge and Ladybug becomes a nurse? Now I feel kind of bad because obviously I don't remember this movie enough to be authorized to cut ANY of the characters from this thing. In the end they reach New York City and live inside the peach pit in the middle of Central Park. Apparently in the book she marries the Head of the NYC Fire Department. Um... like, is that a human? I have so many questions but it's time to move on.

Save: Go Go

nefelibata (With images) | Big hero 6, Big hero, Hero 6

• Thanks 1

Roald Dahl :heartbounce: Special place in my heart for his books. When I was in grade school one of our teachers would read us books out loud, and “Matilda” and “The Witches” by him were always among my favs... then my 6th grade teacher started reading us the first Harry Potter book (which should tell you I’m old :P), and so began a lifelong obsession. 

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

omggggg my 6th grade teacher did the same thing! I think it was year 2000 for me.

I didn’t have a Derek in my class, bc otherwise I’d think maybe we crossed real-life paths! :haha: def the same age though, bc it was 2000. 

giphy.gif

01. Wasabi (BIG HERO 6)

02. Queen Elinor (BRAVE)

03. Dante (COCO)

04. Darla Sherman (FINDING NEMO)

05. Jacques (FINDING NEMO)

06. Kari (THE INCREDIBLES)

07. Mirage (THE INCREDIBLES)

08. Dr. Finkelstein (THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS)

09. Mama Odie (THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG)

10. Skinner (RATATOUILLE)

11. Kala (Tarzan)

12. Forky (TOY STORY SAGA)

13. Gabby Gabby (TOY STORY SAGA)

14. Jim Hawkins (TREASURE PLANET)

15. Ellie Fredricksen (UP)

16. King Candy (WRECK-IT RALPH)

17. Assistant Mayor Bellwether (ZOOTOPIA)
18. Chief Bogo (ZOOTOPIA)

Dante

latest?cb=20190314174935

"Stop killing off Coco!!!!!!" -Me @ me. Coco's an amazing movie, as I highlighted in my writeup of Miguel's parents. But now that his parents are gone I guess I'm just gonna have to get rid of his dog too because I love torturing Miguel apparently. Dante has the rare ability to live in the spirit world and the real world. So when Miguel accidentally ends up in the spirit world, Dante is there with him and acts as his spirit guide! Oh joy! Dante is a very good and loyal dog. He tried to lead Miguel in the right direction, but Miguel doesn't always listen to him, at least early on. Dante stays by his side though the whole time, even as Miguel attempts to push him away. When Miguel accepts Dante as his spirit guide, he turns into an alebrije and becomes beautiful and colorful and can fly. Good for you Dante! I like him, but it's not like he's a talking dog or anything. He's just a spirit guide. There's far more important saves to be made.

Saving Darla and Gabby Gabby (both for my like 10th time)

I'M SORRY QUEEN OF BABYSITTING KARI THAT I CAN'T SAVE YOU FOR A 10TH TIME!

Now I'm gonna go to sleep and mourn Treasure Island, which at least gets to keep bragging rights that it's criminally underrated.

Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)

tumblr_pcwow9BDSn1xuh85fo1_400.gifv

So many favorites in this set, choosing a save and cut felt impossible. Victoria must be stopped.

Treasure Planet is good, but not amazing! I do not find any one character in that movie to be ~ICONIC~ and that makes cutting Jim Hawkins easy for me to do. He is the protagonist. He is maybe the most layered character in this set of nominees, but he does not move me at all. Jim is complex, yet somehow still boring. Somebody needs to explain to me how this is possible! 

At least he is trying to provide a better life for his mother and is definitely against the police. Solid characteristics. I figure this cut might be the least offensive to the group, besides Alex who might be displeased with me. Sorry!

SAVING: Dr. Finkelstein
Edited by Deeee

Forky

516?cb=20191202051053
Forky is a pretty interesting concept for Toy Story. It can kinda be interpreted as a reverse Sid situation: Sid just wrecked toys for his own "amusement" (I don't really have a better description), but what Bonnie did was the opposite: she just turned a spork into her toy. This opens up an obvious truth about the world that wasn't reflected fully in TS before: anything can be a toy. Like you could literally play with rocks as a kid and nothing is really off with that? Entertainment, especially in a form so pure as that of a child playing with something, can happen with anything. Like parents play with utensils all the time to feed kids. It's a cool concept, shame that the personality was a little grating to me.

Save: The saddest intro ever made

Edited by NGM

Kala

516?cb=20151101051606

Yeaaaaaaaaah I really was neither here nor there about the exclusion of Tarzan of the rankdown. Dont get me wrong there are worse movies in Disney catalogue, but Tarzan is never a movie I remember, for good or bad. And since that happens with the movie, you can imagine I think even less about the characters, miss Kala here included. She defends and takes Tarzan in after Sabor killed his parents, and raises him as her own. She is always there to defend him as a kid (even when he caused a stampede of elephants). She's always supporting and loving, and a pretty nice character in theory, but my meh feelings on the movie kinda make this an easy cut for me.