American Idol Season 18 Premiere Countdown: Bobby Bones Day

Idol Maniac

It's now premiere weekend, which means only the Final 2 remain. For the Final 2, I decided that they warranted multiple videos.

Today's contestant is runner-up Alejandro Aranda, also known as ScaryPoolParty.

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Thanks 1

Laine Hardy really worked hard to win American Idol because he had a gift for singing and used it to his advantage. He was just really talented and each of his performances were better than his previous one. He was the best contestant of that whole season. Second best was Madison VanDenburg. He still is a really talented singer.

This performance along with the many others and his audition last season is why Laine Hardy won American Idol.

Edited by movieguy40

On 2/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, redwood79 said:

My ranking of S17 top 14:

1. Laci Kaye Booth

2. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

3. Evelyn Cormier (my favorite contestant personally, though admittedly not #1)

4. Madison Vandenburg

5. Uche

6. Ashley Hess

7. Alyssa Raghu

8. Alejandro Aranda

9. Dimitrius Graham

10. Walker Burroughs

11. Laine Hardy

12. Riley Thompson

13. Wade Cota

14. Eddie Island

Fake news. Laine Hardy should be way higher than mrs, screechy and pitchy sounding Evelyn Cormier and Alejandro Aranda who was a good singer writer, but one of the worst singers in the Top 10. You just hate talented teenage guy contestants and that is why you have Laine Hardy at the bottom of the list. You're just jealous that Laine Hardy was so talented and that is the reason that he won.

I knew from the day that Laine Hardy auditioned last season that he would win American Idol Season 17, but so many people we're telling me that there was no way that Laine Hardy would win AMerican Idol and that it was too early to even make that prediction that Laine Hardy would win American Idol. But I just knew and I proved all of the haters and doubters wrong when Laine Hardy won American Idol and that felt so amazing because Laine Hardy was the best contestant of that whole season. He was the best technical singer and he really took risks with all of his performances.

3 hours ago, movieguy40 said:

I can't wait for Laine Hardy to become a big and famous superstar in the next 2 to 4 years.

Give us an update on what's been happening to him in the 9 mos since Idol.  Thoughts on his new single?  How was the turnout on his mini tour? 

19 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Give us an update on what's been happening to him in the 9 mos since Idol.  Thoughts on his new single?  How was the turnout on his mini tour? 

His tour sold out most of the dates, and he's waiting for Hollywood Records to release his single 🙂 He's already been performing it 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, frederick said:

His tour sold out most of the dates, and he's waiting for Hollywood Records to release his single 🙂 He's already been performing it 

Why did they wait 9 mos to release this?  Very generic, bland.  If his tour sold out, why haven't he booked more tour dates?

Edited by mytake1

50 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Why did they wait 9 mos to release this?  Very generic, bland.  If his tour sold out, why haven't he booked more tour dates?

Laine’s management needs to get him on a summer tour as an opener for a bigger country artist. If he’s not out touring by Memorial Day, his career is going to be dead in the water.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:55 PM, movieguy40 said:

As good as he was, he wasn’t main stream enough to move on. And Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon was playing it safe a little bit. No risks. He didn’t even do a real rock song like Dream On by Aerosmith. Had Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon done a song like that, he might have made Top 3 last season.

Sadly, I agree that Jeremiah failed to take enough risks.  That was another reason why he was eliminated too early.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:53 PM, movieguy40 said:

I don’t have a hard on for Laine Hardy. I just think he’s really talented. I like girls anyway so.

You may say that you don’t have a hard on for Laine, but you constantly praise him to the skies.  Maddie was my favorite winner and I don’t praise her nearly as much as you praise Laine.

23 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

You may say that you don’t have a hard on for Laine, but you constantly praise him to the skies.  Maddie was my favorite winner and I don’t praise her nearly as much as you praise Laine.

I do the over praising as a joke. It’s to be funny. I’m not obsessed with Laine Hardy. I do it to mess with others. I do think he’s talented, but he’s not my favorite singer in the whole world or all of American Idol. Of American Idol Season 17 though, he was my favorite.

Edited by movieguy40